[Shadowrun] OOC: The Old Dogs of War Redux - Chapter 1

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

[Shadowrun] OOC: The Old Dogs of War Redux - Chapter 1

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'm not going to bother trying to explain why life hasn't been really inspiring on getting me to post here around the holidays. We'll just leave it at the statement that the holidays weren't the greatest, and move on from there. Thankfully, my work schedule has returned to some degree of normality, and my personal life should be doing the same in the next few days. This means that the GM will be making a concentrated effort to keep things moving.

Now to the actual posts. I'll give you folks some free time here to do whatever prep work you feel is necessary, and then we'll move onto the final meeting with Blake this evening. And from there, the rest of Chapter 1 should be taken up with the actual party and its aftermath. New Year and New Old Dogs. I'm really looking forward to it folks. Once again, sorry for the delays, but it looks like they should all be cleared out of the way now.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I can't help it, but I'm finding it very hard to come up with the first post. Is everyone having that, is that the reason why it's so quiet? If so, then I'll do my best to get the ball rolling.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

No, you're not alone. When last we saw Peter, he was at the bottom of the Puget Sound in a Barrier bubble, sight-seeing and laying low. I just don't know where I should be when we meet Peter again. I'd like to have something today.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Essentially, I just wanted to give folks time to do whatever prep they wanted. If you don't have anything huge you feel you need to do before the first task tomorrow (and the last pre-job meeting tonight), then don't pressure yourself into getting something up there.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Essentially, I just wanted to give folks time to do whatever prep they wanted. If you don't have anything huge you feel you need to do before the first task tomorrow (and the last pre-job meeting tonight), then don't pressure yourself into getting something up there.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Roger briefly wondered OOC what the fuck everyone was waiting for?
Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparation.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, Peter is waiting for the GM to describe what he sees when he shows up several hours early dressed like a raven.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

3278 wrote:Well, Peter is waiting for the GM to describe what he sees when he shows up several hours early dressed like a raven.
Man, that raven-suit looks good on you. :)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Everyone is waiting for me, Paul. I should have posts up tonight. I got a bit caught up the last weekend with getting my SR game kicked off.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Sooooo...how about them Packers?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Does seem to be going a bit slowly, doesn't it?
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Well their season is over. But then I always felt Favre was always an overrated sissy boy.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Unfortunately, I'm left with one of two options. Life hasn't been a box of chocolates lately. Or as cool as liquid diamond. An explanation is probably owed, but quite honestly, I don't much feel like thinking about current events to rehash it. We'll leave it simply stated as lots of family issues requiring my immediate, ongoing, and undivided attention. So, in short and sweet terms (and I'll apologize up front for the abrupt and semi-rude tone to my post, I just don't have the energy or care right now to really pretty it up): My time until roughly the beginning of March is much more limited. I no longer have access at work (which was the easiest time for me to get posts written up and posted), though that could change again. Time isn't really the issue. Life's thrown a few too many low blows since before Christmas, and I just don't have the drive or spark to keep doing what I need to make this a quality game. So, back to those options.

We can call it quits. It's not at all what I want to take place, especially considering my role in the demise of the first Old Dogs. But this game is going to end up being here for the long haul, and for at least the immediate future, I just don't have it in me to do what needs to be done. My focus and energy is directed elsewhere. But, it is definitely something I've considered.

We call a pause. I see where things stand when March rolls around, and see if I can pull things back together. There is a good likelihood though, that we could lose people during such a pause. Traffic isn't near what it was here, and the community isn't quite so tight knit as in the past.

I'll leave the floor open to responses/suggestions. Sorry again for the abruptness at it, but I just a bit beyond tired and worn down.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

I am okay to pause, but I have an attention span made of granite.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm not going anywhere. If you post tomorrow, next week, or a year from now, I'll reply.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

No problems with a pause here, you know where to find me. :)
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I'm around, vaguely. :) You have my AIM, you have my phone number (PM me if you need either) if I'm slow to respond when we start back up, poke me, heck poke me to vent if you want. I'll be here til you kick me out ;7

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Do what you gotta do, Jeff.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Say what you will, but after rereading it all, I can confidently say we had some quality going. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I recently re-read a bunch of Paul's games, here and on Animalball and freespeech-alpha, and re-read the original Old Dogs. There sure is a lot of incredible material here; kind of wish I could get Paul - and some people without lives - to play again.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

I'd love to pick this game up again, or another one. The nice thing about PB3 is that even with my screwy schedule I could keep up with it.

Unfortunately with Old Dogs, it's up to Jeff.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Honestly, I just don't have the kind of motivation to follow through with something this long-term anymore. And I actually have some solid games (online and off) going again. So, the magic eight-ball says "Not bloody likely."

PB3 games seem great in theory. But in actual practice, it never really seems to match the theory.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Well, the flexibility that Reika mentioned also means that you have the option to put things off and if you that long enough the motivation can fade. (It's kind of like getting up every morning to go swimming, come to think of it.)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Yeah, my ass wouldn't ever get up to go swimming every morning. So I'm more than little confused as to how that helps to convince me. :)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm not trying to convince you, in fact, I'm agreeing with you that PB3 tends to devolve and fade.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

You know, what really strikes me, when I re-read these things, is just how incredibly, impossibly awesome I am. I mean, in the case of Old Dogs Redux, everyone was pretty awesome, but I really stand out as being just supremely puissant. I'm pretty jealous; I wish I could be me, and be so profoundly capable.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

*sticks a pin in that overinflated ego and watches 32 flying around the room eratically as all the hot air escapes*