[Shadowrun] OOC: Old Dogs of War Redux

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Unfortunately, not much I can do for the folks gathered in the bar at the moment. Unless you folks want me to move things along there (and I get the impression you'd rather have the time to discuss IC), my hands are a bit tied on that side. I will get a response up for Reika sometime this afternoon before work.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Kind of waiting on 32. Once that conversation is over, I'd like to talk about the run, about possible identity of our employers, etc.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Sorry, holiday weekend followed by super-busy workday here. I'll try to get to a computer tonight, since tomorrow at work isn't likely to be any more forgiving.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

If not shall we just move past this-I mean I'm all for seeing some more of 32's writing, as I always enjoy reading it-but this is the early stages of the game right? So we can push by if needed, right?
Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparation.
Ajax
Tasty Human

Post by Ajax »

Do I know of James Reilly McCormick and anything he might have done during his mercenary days?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

To pull things together:

The Overview
Cell Composition

The First Job
- Our Mark
- Total Job
- Deep Cover

Am I missing anything?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

What information is available regarding the magical security on-site?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

As an aside, now I realise where I recognise Blake from. He reminds me of James Caan's character in Way of the Gun.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

If we've temporarily lost Kai, I don't think we're at a point [necessarily] where we have to stop the conversation. Alley's, whatever, distracted, or reading, or something, and doesn't answer Ajax's question immediately, or some such. This particular conversation - "planning the run" - is the longest in any given game, so we should try to keep it flowing, so long as circumstances permit. We don't need Jeff for most of it, and none of the rest of us are so indispensable we can't be skipped if the player gets busy.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Sorry, last weekend was Dragon*Con and managing SR games and then we lost a server at work so been busy trying to migrate what we could recover over to other systems. I'll get a post up this weekend.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

DV8 wrote:As an aside, now I realise where I recognise Blake from. He reminds me of James Caan's character in Way of the Gun.
Hah! I wish I had been trying for that. The name comes from Classic Battletech. He formed the cult/organization that eventually turned into the planet-nuking, Jihad-preaching, Word of Blake and the panty-waisted ComStar.

As for character inspiration? Initially, I was pulling a bit of Al Pacino's character from the Recruit. Somewhere along the line, he just became something different than that. Don't be surprised by more pop culture references though. I tend to use them frequently when I draw a blank on a name I need quickly.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

3278 wrote:We don't need Jeff
Meanie head.

I'll get back to your magical security question soon. I'll try for today, but it is looking a little busy here before work. If not, tomorrow morning then.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

I'm seriously not ignoring this. I've retyped my post about a hundred times now. I'll find a version that I like yet.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Hehe, looking forward to your response. :)
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

That was smoothe of Roger...:)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Didn't forget about the magical security question, but I just haven't had much time to look at it. I'll get to it tomorrow after I sleep, since this weekend hasn't had much time for anything other than sleep and work.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

If any asks me what color the boat house at Hereford is I swear I shoot them. :)
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Roger is walking.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm guessing Ajax didn't hear the last thing you said? Will we bump into eachother outside?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

GM input: Roger did not scout out any alternative exits from the building, so it is entirely possible for Ajax to see Roger leaving. Unless Roger is employing some degree of stealth or subterfuge when leaving. That is best answered by Roger though.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Fair question-I think Jeff would have the ultimate say, but I would see no reason why not. Roger's certainly not making any attempts to avoid Ajax, or hide from him.

By the by, great IC commentary Dennis! This has been a blast so far, and I have enjoyed it. I love that you've stuck to your guns,and In Character. You get my respect for being able to handle it so damn well!
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

As for hearing what Ajax said, I see no indication that Roger walked before Ajax finished speaking. Unless presented with information to the contrary, Roger has heard what Ajax said before he walked away.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Thanks, I'm having fun, too. I'm going to have to think about what Ajax'll do when he sees you walk.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I'd be disappointed if I didn't get decked!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Serious Paul wrote:I'd be disappointed if I didn't get decked!
C'mon, Ajax is a nice guy. If you want to be a stubborn old guy about it, that's fine. And besides, it wouldn't be much of a challenge. Your reflex boosters are probably from the 2040s. ;)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

In my day wired reflexes meant red bull with pixie stixs!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:As for hearing what Ajax said, I see no indication that Roger walked before Ajax finished speaking. Unless presented with information to the contrary, Roger has heard what Ajax said before he walked away.
No, the other way around. But it doesn't matter, though.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Yeah...that was phrased badly I think. Too many possible "he"s in that sentence. :)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

By the way, I've sent a message to Blake now, and I've still got a message to Solomon outstanding. Just thought I'd let you know.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'll try to get to the back log of posts tomorrow. If not, then Tuesday. Unfortunately, I spent most of the week trying to fight off a little seasonal cold I picked up. Finally feeling back to halfway human.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Want to remind me what the message to Solomon is about? I obviously missed it somewhere, and on a quick look over the thread I'm not seeing it jump out at me.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Back to the magical security question the Module brought up earlier. Primarily, this place is handled more through its remote nature than anything else. Two elementals (currently air) patrol the perimeter of the island at all times, with a third (fire) that can quickly be called if needed. No known wards around the island, though there is a small building removed from the house (appears to be a pool house) that has some pretty hefty warding on it. At best guess, this is probably a summoning area. The security company hired for the event is providing an off-site advanced security mage and an astral recon specialized adept. The threat level and skill isn't exceptionally high, save for whatever the target himself can bring to the table.

If you need more details or have specific questions, let me know 32. Answering specific questions is a bit easier for me at this point than trying to figure out what I can and can't post.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Nope, that'll do it. Thanks!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Want to remind me what the message to Solomon is about? I obviously missed it somewhere, and on a quick look over the thread I'm not seeing it jump out at me.
Page 1:
Ajax wrote:
Jeff Hauze wrote:The video footage shows a male human, probably in his fifties, sitting at a desk across from Bishop. Whoever this guy really is, he's definitely an operator. He keeps a keen eye on Bishop's security, and definitely knows his way around a meeting. He seems to have a regional East Coast accent, possibly New York or New Jersey. The man identifies himself as Jerome Blake, and he asks all the right questions to hint at the past Ajax thought was buried. He never asks directly for Ajax, but he makes it clear to Bishop who he is looking to hire. He also doesn't directly mention any former teammates for the large ex-con, but again, he certainly knows a significant amount of details.

The contact information follows, with a meeting scheduled for tonight, 8 pm. The meet is at a small private office in the Emerson Office Bulding (small building of offices for rent) in Tacoma.
Ajax sits down on his bed, going over the information Bishop sent. He composes a short, encrypted, message to Solomon, a decker he's known for as long as he can remember, attaching small parts of the vid-feed to the message. The message reads:
Ajax wrote:Solomon,

How's your rash?

I've got some work coming up, and I need some information on the man in the vid. His name is Jerome Blake (supposedly) and I need a little more on him. I know it's a bit short-notice, but if you could get some information on him before 1800 tonight, there'll be an icecream waiting for ya. Don't over-extend yourself and stay frosty.

Ajax

PS: Oh, and if you could do a little diving while you're at it, get me the schematics for Emerson Office Bulding in Tacoma. The buildings, from what I know, are relatively new, so their plans shouldn't have perished in the crash.
Once he hit "send" on that message, he disables the vid-feed and dials Blake's number...
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Wow. I really thought I covered that quite a while back. Well shit.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Ajax is surprised by the time it takes for his phone to start ringing. He's only just started up the truck when Blake's number appears on the display. Good news always travels fastest it seems.
I'm guessing this is supposed to start with "Roger is surprised..."
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

That too. Fuck me.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Dennis and Paul, I should hopefully have responses up this weekend. I'm going to try for tonight, but I'm getting to sleep extremely late. So I have no idea if I'll wake up in time. This weekend is really busy, but I'm going to make an attempt. If not, Monday morning at the latest.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I ran a real life game last night, and am running another tomorrow so no hurry.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

We're losing momentum. I'm getting afraid this is going to get shelfed if it keeps quiet for much longer.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, it's all my fault. If I'd just get Jeff his faster new computer, he'd have more spare time. Except for all the time he'll waste playing Bioshock, of course.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

No, it mostly had to do with the GM having a really ugly week and a half. I started off being busy as all hell, then having to get the last minute errands to get ready for my cousin's wedding, and fighting off a rather nasty stomach flu over the last four days.

I've essentially ignored the computer for the last few days, and have only had it powered on mostly to play music while I was also dealing with the spring cleaning and clearing out of stuff. Posts are going up now, and hopefully after Sunday, I'll be back on a more regular posting schedule.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

And posts are up. I think that should take care of me for the next day at least. I'll do my best to make sure that I get up any necessary responses Saturday before the wedding.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I want a Winnebago.

It's unimportant, I think at this point, what brings Roger back. In fact I like having it undefined. Needless to say he agrees. Where should we re-interject him?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Do we know the date of the party?n If so, what is it? How much time do we have?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

The initial meet with Blake (and still that same night) is October 20th.

The party is on October 22nd. Doors open at 4 pm, dinner is served at 5 pm.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

It's the Roger and Ajax hour!!!!!!!

I'm ordering another drink, and maybe some krill chips. Then we discuss crochet!
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Maps, maps, and maps. I want maps-as many as I can get. Public maps, access maps, weather charts, you name it.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Quite honestly, the GM doesn't have maps ready for this. I tend to run the Old Dogs games quite a bit lighter on the details than other games. But I can provide a general satellite map and some more details.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... &z=14&om=1

The island more towards the right edge of the image is what you're looking at. Primarily at the northern edge of the map is what this guy owns. His house is mostly on the shoreline, with some surrounding property. The rest of the island is largely untouched land.

Weather details, honestly not very different from Seattle itself. No known storm patterns for the next several days, though out in the Bay anything is possible on short notice.

I'll get back with some more details soon. You can however feel free to assume that Blake has provided pretty extensive maps (nautical, satellite, weather, and thermal resonance). It is pretty obvious he has a decker on the case, and a rather competent one.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

That map is a great start, I can do much with that and the assumption I have the other things. Since 3278 will be in your neck of the woods this weekend, should I assume we pause for the weekend?