[Shadowrun] OOC: Old Dogs of War Redux

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Good, because I was actually quite interested in what Roger had to say...
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Got home from work late. I planned to get a post up now, but brain is fading fast. Off to sleep, and I'll get responses up when I wake up or at work tonight.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Reading the logs, character, etc... right now. Working as fast as I can. Not sure when I'll be completely online, but soonish I hope. Insane busy day, more work-less talk.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Okay let me understand a few things:
  • We've been asked to commit to a job with out an "asking price"?
  • Said job is complicated, involving multiple teams of operatives, a large chuck of time, and massive amounts of personal commitment?
  • Shit just starts levitating, and everyones cool with that except Ajax?
Character revised and inbound Jeff.
Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparation.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Most recent post should answer the first two points.

As for the levitating take it however you like. It should be rather clear that Blake barely reacted to the surprise, other than the expected momentary check of his surroundings. He seemed fairly aware of the source of the oddity before others may have been. Take that for whatever you think its worth.

Paul, do you want me to handle Roger's immediate response? If not, we can easily assume that he's been quiet and contemplative until you're ready to jump into the role.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

I will post it. I am in the middle of my real life game right now. I suspect I'll have a post up by the end of this evening, after the game is over.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

For the sake of clarity:

I am currently dressed in a nondescript off the rack suit, with a secure ultra vest under it. In my left inside pocket I am carrying my pocket tool kit, and at my left hip is my leatherman tool, inside a black leather pouch. I am carrying my glock in a conceable holster in the small of my back-hot loaded with one in the chamber, and fifteen in the magazine, and in my right inside pocket I have a spare clip. On my right wrist I am wearing a Smith and Wesson wrist watch that also functions as chronometer, and has luminescent hands. I have a pair of shades on, and they are similar to the ones in my avatar, and dark enough to conceal my eyes. I have a miniature laser pointer on my key chain, which has no function beyond entertainment.

I am wearing sensible, nice and polished-but well worn shoes.
Alleycat
Tasty Human

Post by Alleycat »

Its Ally's job to not show suprise unless its useful, internally, the whole floating room thing was more than a bit freaky :7
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

So I kill game?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Oh no, you make game interesting. I'd be a complete hog if I didn't show any restraint, so I'm giving people fair opportunity to reply. :)
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Same here. I am just wondering where we stand.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

We'll be moving along shortly. GM was AWOL all day today.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'll leave it open to folks for any last minute questions. If there aren't any, then you folks have until late afternoon the following day to organize anything you feel necessary. I'll start posting up some brief summaries of the intel supplied on the chips/packet provided shortly.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I have to say that I really like the story so far, as well as the (inter)actions of the players. :)
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Roger will key off of the rest of you-if no one makes a move for the data, he will wait until he has counted to one thousand and thirty before stepping forward and slowly, carefully scooping it all up.

If someone grabs it first he'll wait quietly.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Should I make something up, or you have something in mind Jeff for a place?

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'll roll with whatever place you folks agree on. I have nothing specific in mind, as I honestly didn't expect everybody to go meet immediately following this. :)
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Kick Rocks
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Paul wrote:...
Echo. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

So, where we goin'?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Busy weekend at work. I'll get some posts up today. This morning, if I'm lucky and don't fall asleep first. This evening, if I do.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

As Alley and Ajax walk out the building towards James' "cab," Ajax wants to surreptitiously check whether she's packing heat.
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Does Blake leave the room as well?
Kick Rocks
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

At your best guess, Deev, Alley doesn't appear to be packing anything. If indeed she's carrying, it's small and concealed, nothing more than a pistol without an overly large barrel and ammo capacity. Considering the smaller frame, there's not a whole lot of room to pack anything massive.

Blake remains in the room, in case anyone needs to talk to him individually. Unless specifically invited to attend with you folks, he figures this is a meeting for the non-management types only.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I didn't really think it was that worthy of a separate IC post, so I'll toss it up here. Assume the bar is your garden variety neighborhood bar. You folks can feel free to add in details as you like. It swings more towards neighborhood dive than neighborhood night spot. It has a decent crowd, but nothing more substantial than a crowd of regulars gathered around.

Do you folks want me to slowly start posting up summaries of the intel provided by Blake?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Yes, please.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

If no one objects Roger will follow Ajax in his truck, but after a five minute delay-or less if we think appropriate. He'd like to see if Blake leaves, or if anyone is following you or us. Objections?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

No, good idea.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Okay then Jeff, I'll delay following them by a few minutes-no more than five. I'd like to sit in my truck, with the engine idling far enough away where the engine, which is a diesel, can't be heard, but I can still see the primary entrance/exit. (Obviously they can leave in more way than the one, but I can only be in place so oh well.) I'll have my portable camera, camcorder and recorder on the seat beside me, along with my cell phone.

I'll take down any license plate numbers that look suspicious or follow the others-any one who goes in their direction i'll write down. In other directions I'll stick to my guts. Then I'll make a few circles to check for tails, and head on over.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Just realized I forgot to include that last part in the post. I'm going to assume you have the plate from Blake's vehicle. Other than business person who emerge from the office, the only other person of note is a man who could likely be a security officer or ex-military. He emerges from a side door and takes a late 2030's Jeep with a hard top out of the area, heading towards the highway that would eventually lead to Snohomish. I'll assume you take his plate as well.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

The first information included on the data files/packets is the target of your first operation.

That would be one James Reilly McCormick, 44 years old, male human, Irish ancestry. His family was booted out of Tir Na Nog when the elves took over, and his father was an early member of the Knights of the Red Branch in Boston. He developed into a career criminal early, but did not hold to his father's strong political beliefs and causes. Reilly was more interested in profit as a cause. He branched out into hijacking and kidnapping of wealthy children, but eventually settled into arms dealing by his early 20s. He found a real passion when he discovered the lucrative market of modern day arms dealing. For the last twenty years, this man has worked alongside all manner of terrorist organizations, political agitators, guerrilla networks, and organized crime figures. He's kept a very solid reputation for playing professionally in a field that often sees arms dealers selling to both sides in a conflict or price-gouging. He's never allied himself with any particular group for visible personal reasons, but simply for business. If a shipment is intercepted, he'll make good on the promise he made to the client. Often, he'll return a large portion of the client's funds while still finding them replacement products. For those people who take his product, he'll attempt to negotiate a fair ransom in good faith before resorting to more direct methods. He hasn't shown an aversion to using ex-military or professional kick squads as necessary when negotiations fail, or using similar type of people as his own private security. He tends to travel with only a small entourage, especially in recent years. It is believed that his business has grown so big that he rarely handles deals directly anymore, and spends a large majority of time on his island estate that resides on one of the many small unnamed islands dotting the Sound.

Physically, Reilly has maintained his health in a top form from his former days as a soldier for hire. He's known to have a slight aversion to cyber, other than the small pieces necessary for his work (known datajack, some cerebral processors, and noise dampening modifications to his ears). However, it is believed that he has utilized a fairly significant amount of bioware additions in recent years. This could include cerebral, visual, and musculature enhancements. He has no known magical abilities and has always registered as norm on any astral observance. However, his aide and right hand man (Marcus Goddard) is a fairly accomplished investigative/combat hermetic who is believed to have served with Lone Star's DiPS and SWAT for over a decade.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Your initial assignment reads exactly like a milk run. There's no better way to describe it. But, it also has a strong possibility of being a real milk run for a change, rather than a tailchaser. The intel that Blake has pulled down is extremely solid and detailed.

There is a party that Reilly is holding at his house two evenings from now. Blake intends to infilitrate the grounds during this party, and have someone on site who can hook up the protected offline system to the Matrix. From here, Blake's retained decker will access the system and pull down information on several buyers who are likely involved with the Old World organization that you are after. Blake has developed several cover identities for some of the team to go on site. Using this information will move into the second operation, while your team tracks down some of these leads to find a line on the exact details of Old World's plans for Seattle.

I'm sure you folks have a number of questions, so I'll hold off on posting up more for the time being until I see what you folks want covered.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I won't be able to make any posts until monday, perhaps wednesday next week. Veed is taking Big Jim, Mouls and I to Denmark.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

And our last face has joined the game. Our fifth and final player will be doing some introductory things in the background while you folks finish your meet. Sometime after that meeting the following date (the 21st) with Blake, we'll be wrapping up this Introduction and moving on to Act 1. Let me introduce our fifth member of the personae dramatis, Reika. Playing the role of Scarlett (correct me if I'm wrong on the prefered name to be used there, Reika), she'll be eventually handling the team's Matrix needs. We'll get into actual in character introductions with her and the rest of you when you meet with Blake on the follow day. For now, I'll be doing some posts to catch her up to date.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Yep, Scarlett is correct. I'll be posting a response sometime tonight.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

I'll delay my next post until we're at the bar (Or wherever.), I'll arrive no more than a few minutes late folks.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

GM is going to get an organizing post together sometime today. Hopefully shortly.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

If I get time, I'll post a flying post. Otherwise, I'm just there when y'all get there. I'll be waiting outside, so as not to fuck up the GM's plans. ;)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'll have to turn this one over to you folks. Feel free to get yourselves organized and go on with the meeting as you wish. My week turned out a bit busier than expected with the current search for an apartment, so I'll likely won't be online much until Friday.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'll have to turn this one over to you folks. Feel free to get yourselves organized and go on with the meeting as you wish. My week turned out a bit busier than expected with the current search for an apartment, so I'll likely won't be online much until Friday.
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Okay my posting intention remains the same. Anything else needs done by me, let me know.
Kick Rocks
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Bueller? Oh wait it's Gen Con week isn't it? So we'll pick up on Monday?
Kick Rocks
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Blake has developed several cover identities for some of the team to go on site. Using this information will move into the second operation, while your team tracks down some of these leads to find a line on the exact details of Old World's plans for Seattle.
I'd be handy for us to know what we're posing as when we infiltrate.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

GM will be getting posts up tomorrow answering those questions, and responding to IC posts. Unfortunately, I have about two billion things to do this morning, and I have to be back at work in less than 8 hours. And I still need to sleep at some point. Tomorrow afternoon folks.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

DV8 wrote:I'd be handy for us to know what we're posing as when we infiltrate.
There are two positions on the extra security teams hired to cover the docks and general security for the property that are available. The extra security is a temporary gig, and made up mostly of mid-level rent a cops, as trouble is not expected. Think of this more as glorified parking attendents than full-fledged security.

There are three possible positions on the wait staff that will handle the catering side of things. One would be working on the crews moving and handling the equipment, as well as dealing with the heavy lifting that catering such a party would require. The other is an actual wait staff role that would require someone to move through the crowds of the party and serve food and drinks to guests. There is also a bartender role that could be made available.

From the info Blake has included, it looks as if he intends three people to be on the actual island (one of whom will need to deal with the actual infilitration and electronic setup to get the offline system online). The decker he has retained will be offsite, and waiting for the system to go online. Blake will be off site, but nearby, coordinating things. Reading between the lines of the mission overview, it would be fairly easy to guess that he likely intends another person to be offsite with him and ready to act as a diversion if necessary.

Overall, there is a much bigger emphasis on this island's magical security than Matrix and physical security.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Am in Switzerland at the moment. Will hopefully be able to post somewhere early next week.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Cool. I was actually just getting ready to put up a post to try and push things along.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Hah! Peter is so getting himself accidentally shot by surprised comrades before this is over.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

He can handle that, too. :D
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

It's gone a little quiet.