[Shadowrun] OOC: Old Dogs of War Redux

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I didn't think it said one way or the other, but it's actually clearly defined: "Levitate allows the caster to telekinetically lift an object and move it around. The subject of the spell can be moved anywhere in the caster's line of sight at a rate equal to the caster's Magic Attribute multiplied by the number of successes (up to a maximum equal to the spell's Force) from the Sorcery Test in meters per turn."

Oh. Hey, Jeff? Would you mind if I dropped Wreck (Car), which isn't very logical for my character, and raised my Levitate to Force 6? Otherwise, this guy whose first spell was Levitate can only move 14kph with it, and never learned how to do it better. That's kind of gay.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Works for me. Though the image of you flying at broken down moped speeds is pretty amusing as well.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I just read Levitate, and it's so much cooler than I ever thought it was. :)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I know I've been a doodie head - things have been a bit busy here with the new house and all. I'll have a post up by the end of the day.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I know I've been a doodie head - things have been a bit busy here with the new house and all. I'll have a post up by the end of the day.

[edit]
I'm so much of a doodie head, I had to say it twice.
[/edit]
Last edited by TheScamp on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

DV8 wrote:I just read Levitate, and it's so much cooler than I ever thought it was. :)
Shape is my favorite. Talk about power.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

I always liked Turn to Goo. :D
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Any chance for some updates, Jeff? Need my fix.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Mine, too.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Sorry, mid-week updates during this week and next week are tough. I had a bunch of testing today, and the surgery next week. I'll try and get some up there right now.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Not quite up to my normal best, but it's a start. Pain's been a real bitch lately, so I've been putting off some work online when I can afford to. I'll try to keep it a bit more regular through the next two weekends, until the surgery is out of the way. Then I'll be back to a more normal schedule.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Sorry for the delay guys, having some issues getting online (posting this from work while on break) and no regular computer access. going to see if I can get it done this weekend.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Scamp, if you can get a post up ASAP, it would be appreciated. I've got you a bit behind the others, and I'd like to keep this moving.

32, do you have anything else you specifically need to cover before the meet? I mostly just wondering if you have a response to my last post, or if you're good to assume you are ready and at the meeting site.

To the rest: I'm holding off on responses to let the rest catch up.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Ajax and James are going to scope out the surrounding area after getting some chow. Nothing major, just checking the site a bit, then parking "The Bitch" as close and out of site as possible. How likely is it that James has managed to coat his entire truck with Ruthenium Polymer? :D
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Not a problem, just figured I'd get it up so I wouldn't forget where I was going with the outfit thing :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

DV8 wrote:Ajax and James are going to scope out the surrounding area after getting some chow. Nothing major, just checking the site a bit, then parking "The Bitch" as close and out of site as possible. How likely is it that James has managed to coat his entire truck with Ruthenium Polymer? :D
About as likely as Ajax really being Fastjack. :lol
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:32, do you have anything else you specifically need to cover before the meet? I mostly just wondering if you have a response to my last post, or if you're good to assume you are ready and at the meeting site.
Well, I get there several hours before the meet, so I'm going to scout around the area. See what I can see astrally in the area, maybe scout around invisibly or even go into the building. Can I get a description of the building itself, and its environs?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Surgery tomorrow. I'll be offline until at least Friday evening, possibly longer. I'll try to get a description up for you sometime tonight, Module.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Sorry, it just isn't going to happen. I just in semi-restrained panic mode at the moment. Not a good frame to try and right anything worth two cents. So I'm not going to force it. Sorry, but it will have to wait until I get back online folks.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

You wanna talk, Jeff, lemme know. I'm recently an expert on surgery and surgical procedures, and the nervous tension that goes with it.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Finally back and feeling much better. Off the pain meds for two days, so I have a clear head again. I'll try to get caught up tonight. If I get delayed (or fall asleep), I'll make sure to get new posts up in the morning.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Go to have you back, Jeff.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, so I kind of wasn't paying attention to the date. Totally forgot that today was the 4th until well...this morning. Lots of plans today, so I just didn't get to this. Posts are going up now.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, I have a general description of the site up. Let me know if there is anything that wasn't covered. Rather than do the normal three separate responses, it seemed that most of you simply wanted some more details on the area. So, that should hopefully cover most of what you need for now.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Is it safe to asume that the Feds are holed up in the post office looking at the Vory across the street?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

You betcha. Of course, they are blocks away from the meet, and appear to have nothing to do with what you are here for. Just all miscellaneous background noise really.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Ajax is going to hang back with James the Cabbie for a little while longer, then when it's time, head over to the building.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, everybody else? We all just waiting until the meet then? Or do you have more you need to cover here. If I don't hear anything else by Sunday morning, I'm moving on ahead. Additionally, Scamp...you still with us? I've sent a PM as well, but still no response. If I don't have anything up by Sunday morning, I'm going to move on and assume you are at the meet and ready to go.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Now I'm good to go.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Really brief intro post is up now. I'll let you folks introduce yourselves as you like. Decide what order you feel like showing up in. I'll get a physical description up of Blake sometime later tonight or tomorrow morning. However, I want to keep things moving along. Until I hear from Scamp, I'm going to be taking over control of his character.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Glad to see there's still some progress. I was getting worried there for a moment.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Deev, I think I'll probably be getting there second, so can you give me a brief physical description of Ajax, so I can completely freak out? ;)
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Tall, really tall (for a human); I haven't really given any thought on how tall, exactly, but let's say he's around 6'8", 260 pounds, all muscle. He doesn't look overly bulky, provided you don't put him next to anything normal-sized, like other people, or brick shithouse, but next to a troll or large ork, he'd look totally normal and athletic. He moves in a nonchalantly precise way, if that makes any sense; he's someone who's comfortable with his body, and can trust it more than anything he's ever trusted. He's got very short hair, and a receding hairline. In the age of affordable beauty, there's something heroic about someone who doesn't go under the scalp out of vanity. He has no visible cyberware or other body-modifications, but has a wide array of small scars in his face and on his hands, and has faint signs of "cauliflower ears." He has an open, clean-shaven face, a flat nose, a heavy brow, but a warm smile. He seems friendly and approachable.

Clothing wise...
Ajax wrote:Ajax wasn't entirely sure how the rest of the day would work out, so he decided to dress and pack appropriately for the meeting tonight, in case he wouldn't have a chance to swing by his apartment. He was wearing well-maintained army surplus combat boots that he had bought before he came back from laying low in the CAS. They had been broken in by now, and fit him quite comfortably. Recently, with the coming colder weather, he had purchased a navy-blue woolen sweater that fit his body so well he felt giddy like a girl when he bought it. It made his solid body look lean, which it was, but just didn't look, especially when he stood next to most other people. He topped things off with a pair of blue, denim jeans and a new, spiffy-looking Securetech long-coat. The latest model claimed to be fashioned from a compound akin in structure to spider-silk, resulting in a smooth, flexible, elegant coat with a frightening level of ballistic protection. Now, all of his clothes were clean, which, in his apartment superstructure, made him stick out like a sore thumb, and could make riding the elevator from the 217th floor down into the cracks of Seattle interesting. He tucked a concealable holster in the pit of his arm, and stuck his predator inside. He hid a few extra clips of ammunition in the lining of his coat, and headed out the door.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Without any sort of recourse to common politeness, Peter will instinctively and unnoticeably astrally perceive both men in the room, and everyone else as they enter. Actually, for most common purposes, it's safe to assume Peter is seeing astrally rather than physically.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Wow, really good post, 32. Nice!
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Not to be all mutual-admiration-society, but I've been thinking from the beginning about how and when to compliment you on your posts. I think you could take up writing as a vocation if you chose to, and that's not something I often - ever - say.
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

While pleasantries are being exchanged, may I just mention that I follow your game from the beginning and enjoy it tremendously.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Thanks jo-alex. Glad to hear it.

Excellent posts so far. I just wish I knew what the hell was up with Scamp. No response to PM or email so far.

Posts are up for now. We're finally rolling again. Below is a link to a very rough picture of someone who vaguely resembles Blake. A bit older and a bit more worn, but it will suffice. If you have a solid image of Blake in your head, feel free to ignore the link. But my descriptions don't always come out how I want, so I'll include the picture as backup.

Photo
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, so Scamp is in play again. Keep in mind, that description of him could change in the future, as I didn't have a solid description to work from.

As for those looking in the astral, Roger (Scamp) has the most cyber of anyone in the room so far, including Blake. He's no cyberzombie yet, but he has more than his fair share of headware and bodyware. Most prominently, he has more than a fair amount of modifcation to his central nervous system, especially upper spinal cord and lower parts of the brain stem. His eyes could be replacements as well. There's some other oddities to his aura, but it doesn't appear to be interference from cyber, so it could be some bio or nanoware.

As for the woman in the room, she's masked as well. But Peter can tell enough that she's definitely an initiated somatic adept.

Couple of quick points in looking over character sheets for these recent posts.

Deev and Earl: Both of your sheets don't list any metamagics on there. I assumed at least masking for both of you. Want to clear that up for me? Kai you list only one. I'm assuming you used the other one for an astral signature change?

Edit: Deev, nevermind. You did the astral signature change, didn't you?

Also, I'll give until Sunday morning for folks to respond at the latest. Then I'm going to get Blake moving ahead with the start of the meeting.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Yeah, thought I'd noted that, but yes, sig change :)

DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Deev and Earl: Both of your sheets don't list any metamagics on there. I assumed at least masking for both of you. Want to clear that up for me? Kai you list only one. I'm assuming you used the other one for an astral signature change?

Edit: Deev, nevermind. You did the astral signature change, didn't you?
Let me answer you in a private message on this one.

By the way, with Blake's and Roger's age being such a big deal, let me say that Ajax is pushing 44.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

My fault, I never specified an age and the avatar's a little misleading, but Alison looks to be early 20s, 5'6", willowy build, blonde hair, green eyes.

No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Deev and Earl: Both of your sheets don't list any metamagics on there. I assumed at least masking for both of you. Want to clear that up for me? Kai you list only one. I'm assuming you used the other one for an astral signature change?
That's weird. I thought NSRCG had all that on the sheet. Shielding, Masking, Quickening, and signature changes. Sorry!
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Posts going up tonight. Work kept me busy the last few days, and I was feeling a bit under the weather.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, so it'll be delayed a day. Work was a little ugly last night due to unexpected storms. Additionally, I need sleep. Post started, but not quite finished, so sometime tomorrow morning when I wake up.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, intro is finally up. Within a few more posts here, you are going to be offered a near carte-blanche offer for compensation. You'll need to start giving some thought (if you're remaining with the group) as to exactly what you'll be asking for. And Module...no Winnebagos. ;)
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

And I'm out of town for a week :) I'll ponder on it while I'm gone, and try to get up a response post to the post up now.

Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Kai, I'm going to assume for the moment that you are agreeing to the task, simply so I can keep things slightly moving. When you get back, feel free to toast up a post that's a bit further back in time to cover anything that might be missed.

I know Reika just got back online, so we should have our fifth here before too long.

Speaking of our fifth, it might really be our fourth. I have heard nothing from Scamp since his last post here. If I still have no response within ten days, I will be looking for another player to take up his character's role. It's shitty, but I need a body that isn't me in that role.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Ask Paul.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Paul's been sent an invite. Deev, just waiting on you then. I'll toss up a post from Scamp's character when I get home this morning.