[Shadowrun] OOC: Old Dogs of War Redux

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Well, I'll try to post. But no guarentees.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Oh, it's hard playing the new guy who doesn't know anything about the business.
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Okay I'm having problems-I'm more than willing to post but I need more to do it right, in my own opinion. Which basically means I'm not used to the Old Dogs style of posting. I'm wary of just making shit up, and running with it, so if I am slow it's because I am waiting for your cues.
Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparation.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Whose cues?
Roger Arneault
Tasty Human

Post by Roger Arneault »

Whomever.
Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparation.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

While, I realize that GM cues haven't been particularly numerous lately. Part of that is, I've always run Old Dogs as a pretty independent game. Additionally, I honestly don't have much more to contribute at the moment.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Bleh, sorry all, sort of vanished there for a bit. Issues and stuff, I'll get a post up asap

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Okay, since the board decided to eat my posts from Friday, we'll try again.

Ideally, I'd like to see the introduction wrapped up by sometime next week. At the maximum, two weeks. I'd like to start moving on the first job (and Part 1) in early November. Can we start working to make this happen? How much more time do you folks want for the getting acquainted and pre-planning side of things?
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

I'm a go at any time.
Kick Rocks
Alleycat
Tasty Human

Post by Alleycat »

Me too, was just waiting to see if Ajax had anything else to add to the conversation there before calling it a night from Alley's perspective at least since we had a plan, ish
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm good to go.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

What's your avatar from, Kai?
Alleycat
Tasty Human

Post by Alleycat »

Google image search for 'pale blonde straight hair' or something like that, no idea really :) The girl in question is much younger than Alley is, the original shot shows her narrow shoulders more, but the expression and coloration were good.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Damn. Couldn't find her - ah, too bad you probably don't have the original image anymore - but wow is that a fun image search for me. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I've been hanging on to some Peter fiction since soon after we started, waiting until I had more of it done, but I haven't made much progress since the initial burst, so I thought I might as well get up what I have, in case I never finish it. Plus, all this nattering about Marita should make more sense. [Like, now you can tell she's not the girlfriend he accidentally killed in his sleep, early in his condition.]

It's, uh, not very good. I did the burst at work, and was distracted, and much of it would be radically different if I were to go back and edit it, but I think it's worth reading, anyway, if you have some time to waste. Enjoy.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Sorry guys and gals. A lot has been going on at work and in my personal life, so this has taken a bit of a backseat. I'll try to devote some time to it before the start of the coming week.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Tuesday is the cut-off date folks, unless a majority objects. I'll be closing down the introduction thread on Tuesday, and opening up Chapter 1. Chapter 1 will open with the final meeting with Blake, pre-op. There's obviously more planning that will go on off-screen, but I want to keep things moving. In the communal story-telling style that is PB3, we really don't need to go over every single planning detail.

If you have specific things you want addressed outside of that, let me know here. We can get some sideline posts done in the beginning of the Chapter 1 thread before the meeting begins.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Sounds bueno.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Please! This is the longest bar conversation I've ever had without a drink. ;)
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Sounds good to me.
Kick Rocks
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

If not today, then tomorrow. I only had yesterday off, and just finished working about 70 hours over 5 days. I start another 60 to 70 hour week tonight, so this is on pause for a day or two at most.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Sorry for the delay, and for writing half a novel. And for assuming a lot on the part of the GM: Jeff, let me know if there are any problems.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Finally posted, sorry for taking so long.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

3278 wrote:Sorry for the delay, and for writing half a novel. And for assuming a lot on the part of the GM: Jeff, let me know if there are any problems.
Great post. Really, really good. Long, but enjoyable. :)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'll try to get the new thread started before I leave on Thursday. Work is absolutely sucking me dry at the moment.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Things on the homefront aren't so great. I just finished five days at work in which I spent more time at work, than sleeping and eating combined. I've got problems I've got to help with the pops with before leaving, and three physical therapy appointments to run the recovering moms to, plus need to get ready for this trip. So really, this long winded post means that the game is officially on pause for the GM until he returns next week. At that point, the new chapter is a go. Sorry folks, but life is too crazy, and I really want to enjoy this trip. So I'm focusing on that.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

There are currently 2450 views of the IC thread, but only 174 posts. Excepting the possibility of people reading more than one post per view - which is probably canceled by our own re-readings - that's still 14 views per post, several more than there are players + GM. So I know there are people out there reading this. Hit us up, would you? Let us know who you are, so's Jeff's gots more push to post, and the rest of us know this isn't just self-indulgent literary masturbation. [Not that I have a problem with that.]

It's like, I'm running this game on freespeech, with one player and one GM, on the least populous board in the known universe, and there are ten times as many views as posts; who the fuck is that? It's strange, not knowing who your audience is. Shout us out; let us see who's enjoying this. Incentivise.
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

3278 wrote:. Hit us up, would you? Let us know who you are, so's Jeff's gots more push to post, and the rest of us know this isn't just self-indulgent literary masturbation.
*waves*
jo_alex
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by jo_alex »

I've mentioned it before that I was enjoying reading your game. Though you guys lost quite some momentum recently.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

I'm always reading.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Like Paul, I'm still here, too.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Things got a bit hectic with my dad's situation once I got back to PA. Finally back and settled, so I'll be working on starting the new threads between tonight and tomorrow. At latest, we should be moving again by Saturday morning.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Paul, I kinda took the liberty to make a post regarding Roger and Ajax a few posts previous to the ones you made. It's a bit further down the timeline than yours. If you're unhappy about those I can remove it and we can pretend like I never posted it.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Shit I somehow completely missed that. I'll fix mine.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Jeff requested that I let y'all know that due to icestorms up his way he has no power and not sure when he'll be able to get on to post.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Yeah, life was fucking hell over the weekend. I left the laptop (with the posts on it) at work Friday night. Saturday came one nasty ass ice storm, which left me without power at home until just before I had to get ready for work Sunday, no commercial power to the cable plant at home (which meant no internet until some time Monday) and our wireless died at work on Friday night. I ended up pretty much sleeping through most of Tuesday after way too little sleep all weekend, and actually had plans with friends most of today. I really didn't anticipate things being near this busy before the holiday.

But, I did get most of the editing/proofing done on two of the three posts. I should be able to get the last one done sometime tomorrow, though I have no idea if it will be in the morning or late evening/overnight. One of the two. I'll try my damndest to get everything up ASAP, because I'm really tired of the delays on my end. Thankfully, I'm back to a normal work schedule after the 1st of the year. I absolutely cannot wait for this shit to be over.