[OOC][DnD] Ancient's Game

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Right. Y'all decide what you are going to buy and we'll start out tomorrow...
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

If the bag has arrows, Koriel doesn't need anything. I honestly don't think Koriel has anything with her that would fit into a pocket...:7

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Hookers and weed....uhm...I mean...uhm...yeah group stuff man!
Ancient History
Demon

Has anyone made a firm decision on buying /anything/ yet? X number of horses or the like?
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

I think we're waiting to gather, but at this point the only thing Luadril wants to buy is some additional trail rations.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Well, I only know of one horse for the group, and that's mine. Unless we want the winged people walking if/when the forest canopy gets too thick, we need like 6 more.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I will try and have my next post by 2000 or so tonight. I am going to need to, in the meantime, sit down and look at my maps so I can figure out what if anything we need.

Ancient what season are we in? I am ssuming summer/fall, but what sort of season is it? (Month would be cool, even if its just our real world version.)

How is everyone for gear and shat?

Scamp, I, Reika and Kai are good it looks like. Elledren, Frakkle, and Rico?
Elldren
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Elldren »

I'm good for gear. Personally, I don't think I'd need a horse, as when the canopy gets too thick, we'll most likely all be walking. Trail rations I think I've got covered, and if I don't, there's always hunting. We could invest in a tent of some sort, and maybe a pack animal if we can't fit everything in our nifty dimensional backpack.
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

<font size=-2 color=#5c7898><i>For, to seek for a true defence in an untrue weapon, is to angle on the earth for fish, and to hunt in the sea for hares.[/i] -- Robert Silver, <i>Paradoxes of Defence</i>, 1599</font>
Reika

Post by Reika »

There's no way you're getting the winged members of the party onto horses if it's too thick for them to fly. Considering the fact they have wings that are 5-8 feet long when furled, it'll be difficult to sit in a saddle and let them droop while riding a horse. Hence why Luadril who is a knight and paladin doesn't have a horse and is very likely not to get a special mount of any sort.

Pack animal would be good for just in case type things though.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

Okay our trip takes us south out of Silverymoon and into the High Forest. From there we find a mound, some markers and a river that is eithe rnot on the map-or is the Heart Blood River. At that point we go East. Once we find the forgotten city we find the mound, which apparently doesn't connect to our lost canal/river.

So what we need to survive is as follows, in my opinion:

Water for 1 weeks-this will be allieviated if there are water sources along the way-like for instance the River Dessarin that runs from Silverymoon to The High Forest basically. If the lost canal thingie is drinkable we could score even more water. But just in case a few barrels might be in order.

Food-seems like we all have 3 or so days of trail rations. I don't know about you, but if we have no reason to eat cold meals, Torin will want to cook something. We can allieviate the food if we can hunt, and gather-wild potatoes, herbs, hares, etc. If the Elves get pissy in there, then maybe we should bring some stores?

Pack animals-I say we keep it light. One for water and food, two for our Monty Haul? Say while we're here, does anyone know how to use a boat? We could use that if we're going down river. I would like a nice riding dog.

Say do we know how big the artifacts are? That might be important.

Once we know what season it is we may need more supplies for any seasonal stuff.

Other thanthat I say we get our gold!
Ancient History
Demon

Early fall. Expect a bit of rain. I need to brush up on my Faerunian calender. :cry
Ancient History
Demon

Okay, the following GM copies of character sheets are now up, please review them so that we can bicker about it at leisure:
Paul / Torin Proud
Reika / Luadril Sunsoar
JohnnyRico / Selreth Drevarian
Kai / Koriel Zauth
Reika

Post by Reika »

Luadril's sheet looks good except I swapped out goblin for Celestial considering who one of her parents are.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay my character sheet, what you posted of it, appears appropriate at this time.

To the rest of the group: Early fall means we have the added bonus of harvest time, and etc.. for scavenging, and decent temps overall. Rain isn't much a problem in my book-we can overcome that easy, but we may want a tent or two?
Reika

Post by Reika »

I'm thinking canvas for the winged folks. Tents are a bit cramped and Koriel has issues with confinement. Canvas will let us make a canopy for everyone to sleep under, not to mention being useful in general.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

This is Koriel, she would fail to see why everyone wouldn't just find a denser tree ;7

Reika

Post by Reika »

I see my char is going to have a long time in trying to civilize Koriel. Good thing she's an elf and has a long life span. ;)

Hm, speaking of which, how long do half-celestial elves live anyway? :)
Ancient History
Demon

About the same as normal elves, maybe a century longer than average at best.

Provided you stay away from potions of longevity, the Astral Plane, quintessence, temporal stasis, the Elder Druid prestige class, that one prestige class that makes you immortal, etc.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Rico you out there man?

Frakkle with your permission I would be willing to play Razbar ibn Mujhallah in your stead, while your gone. All I would need is some information to play him with.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

*Rico looks up from his trig book* Huh, waht? Oh yeah, posting. Right. Early-ish tomorrow probably, so I'm awake and thinking clearly
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Elldren
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Elldren »

Anything you want to add to the shopping list, Rico?

<font size=-2 color=#5c7898><i>For, to seek for a true defence in an untrue weapon, is to angle on the earth for fish, and to hunt in the sea for hares.[/i] -- Robert Silver, <i>Paradoxes of Defence</i>, 1599</font>
Elldren
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Elldren »

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and compile the list as it stands. Everyone is of course free to make additional suggestions, and if you don't like something that's on the list, speak up.

THE LIST
2 riding horses (we already have one, and three people can't ride)
1 riding dog (for Torin)
1-2 pack animals (for carrying supplies/artifacts/l3wt/&c)
1-3 barrels of water (1-2 will probably last us a week or more. The more animals we take, the more water we'll need)
additional trail rations (my guess is if we get about a week's worth for everyone, we'll be fine and have extras in case of unforseen difficulty)
tents and/or canvas canopy (both would be pretty nice, really. After all, enclosed tents are warmer)
a boat (if feasible. After all, portage would be a bitch)

p.s. Are you working on a super-secret DM copy for Rasiel, AH? I'd like to see mine also.

Ancient History
Demon

I'll have the other Secret DM Copies (and the changes made to yours, Reika) up tomorrow.

Iron out the details on the purchases, I'm posting y'all leaving out on Monday!
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Note also that we have multiple rangers. If speed isn't an enormous issue, we probably only need emergency supplies. I know Jarthal can support himself and 3 others through the use of Survival. Koriel can handle 4, which gives us a total of 9 people able to be supported, if we move at 1/2 speed.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Okay, due to my life sucking I'll be loosing internet access sometime on Monday, I don't know when I'll be back online. So you're semi-loosing Luadril. Once I'm back on, I'll let you guys know.
Ancient History
Demon

Ancient History wrote:Okay, the following GM copies of character sheets are now up, please review them so that we can bicker about it at leisure:

Paul / Torin Proud
Reika / Luadril Sunsoar
JohnnyRico / Selreth Drevarian
Kai / Koriel Zauth
and now:
Frakkle / Razban ibn Mujahallah
TheScamp-Jarthal
Elldren-Rasiel
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Elldren wrote:THE LIST
2 riding horses (we already have one, and three people can't ride)
1 riding dog (for Torin)
1-2 pack animals (for carrying supplies/artifacts/l3wt/&c)
1-3 barrels of water (1-2 will probably last us a week or more. The more animals we take, the more water we'll need)
additional trail rations (my guess is if we get about a week's worth for everyone, we'll be fine and have extras in case of unforseen difficulty)
tents and/or canvas canopy (both would be pretty nice, really. After all, enclosed tents are warmer)
Ok those all make sense. As for the boat, I'm not so sure there'd be a boat large enough for the four that can't fly that could be easily transported trough a forest. Couldn't hurt to ask our new Halfling host though. I'm also thinking that we should procure a few extra weapons, just in case. Thinks like short swords, clubs, and maybe a longsword or rapier. Weapons break, and it's always good to have a decent spare lying around. If we have enough money left over, maybe include a spare set of light armor.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

As for the boat, I'm not so sure there'd be a boat large enough for the four that can't fly that could be easily transported trough a forest.
Besides which, I think we've got plenty of natural craftiness to build us one fat-ass raft if the riverbank becomes too treacherous to follow on land.

As far as weapons are concerned, some basic melee replacements might not be a terrible idea, though ther are only a few of us who could use the armor without any serious modification.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Since I really have no idea when I'll be getting the internet connection back, I'm going to be withdrawing permanently from the game, someone else can have my slot. Sorry about the short notice, but RL sucks at times.
Ancient History
Demon

Right, well. We're down a player or two, but we still have enough to go on if y'all are game to it. Officially speaking, Luadril was approached in the wee hours of the morning by a messenger from the temple of Lathander, she was recalled for an emergency that came up and left y'all a note.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I'm still up for it.

Oh, and Razban's sheet isn't working.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Well...damn. There needs to be some creative hand waving going on to explain why Koriel wouldn't have left too, but its managable, just not right now. If you guys want to get all detail-y and such, go for it, it'll be a week before I can post anything, I was kind of hoping we'd be farther along before last minute wedding craziness took over :)

Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Say is anyone in the group of characters I am with going to reply to my statement at all? If not I plan on posting my next actions this Thursday.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I kind of assumed that AH had fast-forwarded us into the inn to get things moving, what with the inkeeper directing his speech at you and all. :)
Ancient History
Demon

I'm getting close to just booting y'all out of the city. :cute You're in the Inn.

The correct link for Raz is here. Sorry for the Oops.
Ancient History
Demon

"Listening portals?" Jaysis. The closest thing you see to a listening device is a well-dressed and cheery Halfling matron bringing in two armfuls of large pewter mugs, full to brimming with cool Dwarf beer.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

What can I say? Pair-a-Noid!
Ancient History
Demon

Right. We're speeding this up a tad. Y'all are out the gate and on the road. Your hobbit innkeeper managed to get you the following:
2 riding horses w/bit, bridle, saddle, saddle blanket and saddle bags
1 riding dog , w/saddle
2 pack ponies (Tsar and Tsarina)
2 full barrels of small beer (Tsar has one strapped to either side of him; it lasts longer than water)
a sack with fifty pounds of halfling trail bread (one pound will feed one person for one day)
a sack with fifty pounds of oats and barley (for the animals)
a pavilion tent, able to handle up to six medium-sized individuals comfortably; and ten square yards of canvas and a 50-foot hemp rope to rig a shelter for the animals (or whatever else you can think of)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Expect a post up tomorrow.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Is it just me or is it only me and Scamp playing here? and whoever Selerith is. That's Elledren right?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Yeah, I've noticed that, too.

And what the hell are we going to feed the dog?
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Been a little busy ;) Will post tonight or tomorrow

Ancient History
Demon

Yeeaaaah...games a /little/ slow.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Sorry Paul, Elledren is not the correct answer. I'm afraid that knocks you back down to a thousand dollars. You really should have used your 50/50. ;)
Ancient History
Demon

Seldreth needs to check his mail. :cute
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Looked again, and I don't have anything past the fact that my bio looked good. And there's no d in Selreth
Ancient History
Demon

*sigh* I'll send it again. You DID check the PM for Selreth's BD account, yaar?
Elldren
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Elldren »

I'm Rasiel. And yes, I'm also playing.

Selreth Drevarian
Tasty Human

Post by Selreth Drevarian »

Ancient History wrote:*sigh* I'll send it again. You DID check the PM for Selreth's BD account, yaar?
When ones says that another has mail, in this day and age I go to the e-mail inbox. Messages on the other hand, are either an instant messaging program, or, as the was, the Messages box.

Ah well, responded to the PM.