[OOC][DnD] Ancient's Game

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

*pokes at her fellow players (except for Kai who posted) to see if they're still alive*

c'mon people, post already!
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Just waiting on a quick reply to a PM I sent Ancient. That'll clear up a couple details, and I'll put something up.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Cool.

*Brandishes a supercharged cattle prod at the rest of the players*
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

Unless I misunderstood Ancient, Frakkle is the guy playing Ares in my game.

I am unable to post further until the rest of the players who haven't posted do so. Please do so.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

*Rico stumbles in, stammers something about taking a physical inventory of a store with many small items, then falls flat on his face, snoring before he lands.*

(I'll post sometime tomorrow)
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Paul: Yes, that Frakkle.

Side note: Kids, I have no major problems with involved backstories or posting styles...but in the interests of moving the game forward, could everyone /else/ please speed themselves up to the point in time where they're standing in the fucking room with the mage and everyone else and introduce themselves? You can lie! I just want everyone to have a simple grasp of what everyone else looks like, their name, their gender, what you can do, etc.

You can ignore that last paragraph. 's been a long day with the hurricane and whatnot.
Razbar ibn Mujallah
Tasty Human

Post by Razbar ibn Mujallah »

SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!
I had to make ready for Hurricane Jeanne and such. I'm good now though.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Torin looks like his picture, Halfling, black hair, blue eyes. Dresses casually. Feel free to write anything you want about him, as long as it involves him gaping or staring at the winged ones.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

There. Happy now?
Torin looks like his picture...
A chick? :p
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

:lol, yeah he's effiminate actually-at least in his appearence.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay who is left to post now? So I can get mine up.
Elldren
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Elldren »

Sorry about posting delay. System's been giving me trouble again. Up now though. Anyone else left to post?
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

<font size=-2 color=#5c7898><i>For, to seek for a true defence in an untrue weapon, is to angle on the earth for fish, and to hunt in the sea for hares.[/i] -- Robert Silver, <i>Paradoxes of Defence</i>, 1599</font>
Ancient History
Demon

I've dangled a bit of bait for interest sake.

Warning: anyone may touch the platinum, bite it to see if it's real, check it for magic, etc. Anyone trying to /take/ the platinum will be faced with a chest slamming down on their fingers.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

Maybe we are crossing in the translation here, but what about my last question?

I'll likely handle the Platinum if we are to recieve it now, if not then it can wait until we accomplish whatever it is we are to accomplish.

I'd also like to, now that I've finally calmed down a little, asess the room as best I can, making whatever checks necassary. What I am looking for: Distinguishing features, how big it is,length, width and depth, identifying marks on the man, whether scars, marks or attooes, any insignia, or talisman that appear to be markings, and anything else that migth be of intrest (Anything worth more than a few hundred gold would definitely be appraised ever so briefly by me.)

I'd also like to closely examine my companions as best I can with out being too apparent. If that means I get less, so be it. Since I barely know them, this is the first step to understanding my godlings.
Ancient History
Demon

THe platinum is for /after/ you retrieve the artifacts. I've amended for that.

The room is circular, with a radius of about 90 feet. The ceilling appears to be about a hundred feet high and supported by arched stonework. Arcane sigils or markings of some sort have been etched into the walls every fifteen degrees or so.

Scattered throughout the room are seven high-backed chairs covered in leather, a small metal handtable by the sage's preferred seat, and various coffers, chests, and ornate boxes; at least one large enough to be a human coffin that's done entirely in tarnished silver with mithril tracings. All of the furniture appears to be extremly sturdy, of the highest quality, and made from woods, leathers and metals you've never seen or heard of, though you're pretty sure that at least three of the chairs are black-dragon leather. The furniture is of a variety of makes, but it is unclear as to who manufactured; although plain it has the utility and solidity of dwarf-work with the grace of elven carving here and there. And, of course, there's the animated chest with the 500 platinum pieces standing in front of you.

There appears to be two doors, the one you came through and an open archway ninety degrees to the right as you enter which opens to a stair landing. Opposite the door you came through is a massive fireplace, set into the wall. The door you came through is weirwood and iron surrounded by a stone arch.

To the left of the door you entered is a large window (apparently made of some clear crystal) , mostly covered by heavy black leather curtains, which displays the moonbridge of Silverymoon. None of the people walking by outside appear to look through the window.

You see nothing more about your companions than their descriptions indicate, I'm afraid (ye rolled a 4, a 3, a 5, and a 3!)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

That's fine actually-you've given me more than what I need to make my next post. Thanks!
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Now, I have a somewhat foggy understanding of how portals and stuff work in Faerun, so this is mostly to clear up my own, possibly flawed, understanding. Is the old guy saying that when we leave through the door, we'll be somewhere other than where we entered? I ask because my horse is tied up outside, and Jarthal will be really, really PO'ed if anything happens to his horse.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

No, I had the same questions.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Portals in D&D (not just FR) tend to act like the Stargate, only instead of just planet to planet, it can be to wherever, same world, same plane differen't world, etc. The gate in question leads to Silverymoon I believe. If we don't keep those wards, we'll have problems iirc.
Ancient History
Demon

Yes, the old man is saying that when you exit through the same door you entered, you'll be in Silverymoon instead of the shrine. Your horse will be waiting for you in the stable across the street.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Cool, we already have intraparty conflict going on. ;)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Whee!
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Dude, he likes Jarthal?

And dammit if the little bugger didn't say something to make Jarthal feel the same way.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

What can I say? Always trust the uncomplicated.
Ancient History
Demon

For those of you who were paying attention, the pack with the directions and supplies was handed to Torin (who has apparently forgotten about it. Shame on you, Paul!) Assuming he doesn't palm anything (ha ha), here's a list of the contents:

The sack is actually a Heward's handy haversack (imagine a backpack cross-bred with a bag of holding and you've got the idea).

The center pocket holds 80 arrows, 80 crossbow bolts, 50 feet of silk rope, 6 bedrolls, 6 waterskins (filled), and 18 days worth of trail rations (that's 3 days worth per person)

The right pocket holds an everburning torch, a flint and steel, a healer's kit, 5 torches and 3 sacks.

The left pocket holds 3 vials of holy water, 3 potions of cure light wounds, a letter of credit for 500gp (redeemable only in Silverymoon) from the temple of Lathander, a description of the artifacts and instructions for transporting them, and the directions to the vault.

Also, I already told y'all where the damn hostel was and "Don't fuck with the dangerous artifacts." should be a clear enough warning. Stop digging for info I've already provided. :evil Same goes for the background story, you can learn more about the sage later. Very /keen/ individuals may try Gather Information tests using his name or description.

I'll put up the directions a little later.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Let me know if you'd like to post a reaction to Koriel walking into Silverymoon or if I should take it from there :)

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Ancient History
Demon

Gimme a bit, please. I'm consolidating y'all's character sheets. Assume that you're standing there, blinking in th sunlight, as the people walking around you stop, stare, and hurry on for a bit.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

When you get through with Jarthal's, could you shoot me a copy? I just want to make sure that we're looking at the same thing.
Ancient History
Demon

I'll have everyone look at their Secret GM CopyTM as soon as I'm done.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

Yeah totally dropped the ball on that whole bag thing. I am going to not be able to post pretty much most of this weekend after tonight. So I am going to try and get a post up way later tonight. I may edit some of earlier posts-I need to rephrase a few things that he is thinking, and I might mention the bag this time. Nothing that should throw off anyone elses posts.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

I'm confused on two things.

One where are we? Are we in the room, or on the streets.

Also does somebody have a list of whose character is whoms? I honestly don't know who everyone is.
Ancient History
Demon

I can help with that:

Elldren is Rasiel Qeliasin Silanith (the half-avariel)
Frakkle is Razbar ibn Mujhallah (a Mulan human)
Johnny Rico is Seldreth Drevarian (the male elf-type)
Kai is Koriel Zauth (the half-averial half-drow)
Reika is Luadril Sunsoar (the drow with the golden wings)
Serious Paul is Torin Proud (the cocky halfling)
TheScamp is Jarthal (the other human)

I can see how there might be a bit of confusion, what with three winged elves, by the love of Verra.

Also, unless y'all have any last questions to fire at the sage Aryas-Amon, you're out in the street attracting quiet attention from passers-by.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

I prefer famously underestimated secretly rich and all powerful halfling, but I guess I'll settle for cocky. :)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Don't forget girlish!
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

That's how he lands all of those halfling goth lebian wiccan chicks. Oh yeah he's a hit in the clubs. Uhm, I mean he hits them with a club.... :)

So, uhm now what peoples? What's our plans here? Our characters may be nervous with each other, but we allknow each other pretty good, so whats the plan yo?
Razbar ibn Mujallah
Tasty Human

Post by Razbar ibn Mujallah »

I'm having trouble writing posts.

It's an awkward scene to rp through Pb3, at least to me.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I can dig that. If I can be of any assistance, please don't be afraid to ask.

Just to clarify a few things here about Torin. He's an angry young man, a real neophyte. A lot of what he thinks is prejudiced by what he lived through and learned earlier in life. While he may not think himself as a close minded or particularly racist little halfer, he really is. Although he thinks he really good at the whole adventurer explorer gig, he really isn't.

He talks a good game.
Reika

Post by Reika »

It's okay Paul, none of our chars know what they're doing. tbh this is the first time Luadril has any extensive contact with anyone outside of the Lathander's temple's. Yes she's done work with lay members, but that's just it, they were part of her church. Which is why she's been acting the way she does, she'll get better over time depending on how people act. ;)

As for planning, the only idea I've had is to have Koriel and Rasiel to act as our sweep scouts and Luadril to remain with the ground based folk since 1)she won't have their scouting abilities and 2)she's a trained fighter which those on the ground are more likely to need.

With regards to your last post, Paul, Luadril's wings are pretty damn obvious even when furled, they're a good foot or more over her head. So stretching them out isn't going to do that much more damage. Besides, this way no one else is going to really pay attention to Rasiel and Koriel with Luadril around. ;)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

It's okay Paul, none of our chars know what they're doing.
Speak for yourself, freak. ;)
As for planning, the only idea I've had is to have Koriel and Rasiel to act as our sweep scouts and Luadril to remain with the ground based folk since 1)she won't have their scouting abilities and 2)she's a trained fighter which those on the ground are more likely to need.
Which will work fine, if/until the forest gets too thick. Should work well on the river, though.

We'll definitely need horses and a...puppy.
Reika

Post by Reika »

TheScamp wrote:
It's okay Paul, none of our chars know what they're doing.
Speak for yourself, freak. ;)
Damn betcha I'm a freak and proud of it! :D
<snip>
Which will work fine, if/until the forest gets too thick. Should work well on the river, though.

We'll definitely need horses and a...puppy.
Seeing that Koriel and Rasiel are ranger-types, they can still scout, just not as far from the air. And I like the puppy idea. ;)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Seeing that Koriel and Rasiel are ranger-types, they can still scout, just not as far from the air.
Man, we're ranger-tastic, then.
And I like the puppy idea.
Hey, the halfling's gotta have something to ride.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I'm more of a doberman than am I am shitzu. :)
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Not much help on the rp side here, the group of you is the most people Koriel's ever had to stay in close quarters with. Much with the agorophobia here :) In general, just by means or mannerisms, you would all get the impression Koriel will follow Luadril's lead and is very uncomfortable in the city right now.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Tell you what. I'm going to be a nice guy and let you all know that Selreth is going to do the right thing and not pick all of your pockets and rob you blind. Also, he does have a bit in the way of scouting skills, and some practice in it. Only thing he needs at this point is a horse.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Tell you what. I'm going to be a nice guy and let you all know that Selreth is going to do the right thing and not pick all of your pockets and rob you blind.
You'd get all of 2 gold. :)
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Scamp: You forget that you now have the bag, and because of such, currently have the letter of credit for 500 gold, whether Jarthal knows it or not.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Heh, Luadril is many things, but she knows better than to have her coin purse so readily available for some lightfingers to get ahold of. If you picked her pockets you wouldn't get any gold, just her whetstone, flint and steel, things like that. :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

'Sides I'm watching, oh yes I'm watching....clever hobbitses....
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

You forget that you now have the bag, and because of such, currently have the letter of credit for 500 gold, whether Jarthal knows it or not.

As if Jarthal wants, needs, or even cares about the contents of the pack.

Take the pack itself, however, and you might want to prepare for the arrowhead enema. ;)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I could kick all your asses, <i>and</i> rob you all blind. Then I'd pee on you.