[OOC][DnD] Ancient's Game

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

What is the reaction of Jarthal's horse to all of this equuine decapitation?
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

Understandably skittish and scared, but not as put-out as Raz's own steed. It might need a Ride check next turn.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Next turn? If I take a shot, will I have any penalties other than the normal horseback shooty ones?
Ancient History
Demon

No, I'll rule you're keeping enough distance the horsie is under control.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Right. The horse (and hopeful Raz)-killer is getting a feathered colostomy.

I don't have time at the moment, but a little later today I can put up Jarthal's initiation of the shot, or the whole action if you've gotten a result up by then.
Ancient History
Demon

Okay, you manage to hit the reptile squarely with the arrow. With your strength bonus and experience dealing with reptilian humanoids, the arrow does considerable damage...but the reptile-man, though gravely injured, is not yet dead.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

There we go. Starting tomorrow, I'll be out of town until Monday evening, so don't expect much from me over the weekend. :)

I'm really glad we got this thing rolling again!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Whose turn is it now?
Ancient History
Demon

New Round! Okay, Initiative is as follows: Torin, then Razbar, then Jarthal, then Luadril and the surviving reptile, then Rasiel, Selreth and Koriel.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Will have my reply up shortly.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

I want to, if I understand what's happening correctly, circle off to the side and attempt to strike the charging creature as it is distracted by Jarthal and his arrows. preferablely the time honed thiefly backstab, but if not then I'll take what's available.

I won't presume to make any rolls unless otherwise notified.
Ancient History
Demon

Well, lessee...y'all are kicking up quite a bit of ash, the lizard is a bit focused what with the sucking chest wound and all, and you did roll a nat 20 on initiative.

So, yeah, you can backstab him if you want to.
Razbar ibn Mujallah
Tasty Human

Post by Razbar ibn Mujallah »

Move action to stand up, then a standard action to fling the spell. Again, DC 18 reflex to save for half of 1d4 fire damage.
Ancient History
Demon

Raz, your flaming fury barely singes the dextrous reptiloid.
Razbar ibn Mujallah
Tasty Human

Yes, but I got my flaming fury out. Which is the important part!
Ancient History
Demon

Oh yeah, you look relieved. All that built up tension, WHOOSH! gone. ;)

Luadril, I've rolled and you'll be happy to note that you still have your eyebrows. :D
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Ok, then. What's the status on general horse disgruntlement?
Ancient History
Demon

Most of them are a bit skittish, what with the sudden blasts of flame, smell of blood, and general agonized death-cries, but none look ready to bolt just yet.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Heh, Luadril isn't worried about loosing her eyebrows, she has other concerns. ;)
Razbar ibn Mujallah
Tasty Human

My horse is blissfully dead.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Ok, then. More shooties for the lizardses.
Ancient History
Demon

Do you mean you want to shoot at the remaining reptile-man?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Yeah! Shooties for the lizardses!

I figure with my feats and favored enemy status, the thing's nice and toasty.
Ancient History
Demon

Right on. Using his extensive study and mighty bow, Jarthal lets loose a shaft and plunks it solidly into the lizard-thing. Not enough to bring it down, but it looks seriously hurt.
Torin Proud
Tasty Human

Post by Torin Proud »

I am searching the remains. Will post the results of said search as I complete it.
Jarthal
Tasty Human

Post by Jarthal »

Jarthal's making some tracking checks around the clearing to try and see which direction the lizard dudes came in from. Were there more at one time, and these are what's left, or was it just these as a possible scouting party, etc?

Also, do the burn pattern on the trees still living seem to indicate that the beam came from our friendly winking pyramid?
Ancient History
Demon

You find a track that matches one of your scaly friends, and follow it through the ash to the edge of the burned area, where it dissapears into the undergrowth. You can still follow their trail into the forest...it looks like they came straight from the pyramid, and there was four of them. One left, carrying something heavy by the way its prints are deeper leaving.
Selreth Drevarian
Tasty Human

Post by Selreth Drevarian »

Two questions Ancient History:
1) Is Rasiel still in the game?
2) What time of day is it?

Just scouting for intel before I start posting.
Ancient History
Demon

Unless she posts, Rasiel is an NPC under GM control from this point on.

It is currently breaking into the beginning of mid-day.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

How old is Razbar, anyway?
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Okay the following is the results of my search of the various corpses:

Three large clubs ,very well crafted items.

Red volcanic glass, some how I forgot to paste Ancients description of what this was, so could you clarify this please?

2 scale shields in good shape

We could, if we were interested harvest some portions of the lizard creatures for weaponry.

1 gold, square coin of unknown origin, appears very old.
Kick Rocks
Razbar ibn Mujallah
Tasty Human

TheScamp wrote:How old is Razbar, anyway?
The kid's just turned 14.
Ancient History
Demon

The clubs are studded with an abnormally sharp, hard volcanic glass, deep scarlet in color.
Ancient History
Demon

Naturally, I leave the fair division of plunder to y'all.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Alright, I'm sorry, but I feel we're beating a dead horse here. I feel like posting anything just drags this out making people post reluctantly and half-assed. We have virtually no character interaction, no one seems terribly interested in starting any, the party's alignment is everywhere, and consequently I'm starting to get annoyed about being reminded of it. Didn't mean to snap at you AH, I'm just too frustrated with this :/

Personally, I can't continue to play like this. The only two options I can see where this game could be remotely fun again for me is if I drop it or we restart it, with characters of at least somewhat close alignments and not a pack of loners. I'll leave that up to you guys to decide, but don't expect another post from Koriel.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Reika

Post by Reika »

I've been trying to interact, but I feel the same frustration as Kai. I may or may not continue to try and do anything with Luadril.
Ancient History
Demon

Well, as much as I hate to kill a campaign, I understand y'all's feelings and share them.

Unless there are any objections, I announce this game closed.
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Am I the only person who thinks its funny that the same people discussing hashing the game on purpose during character creation are also the same ones complaining about character interaction that doesn't pan out the way they wanted it to?

For people who started out discussing how to tank this game on purpose, suddenlyu there is an investment that matters?

This is rich.

Please tell me I am not alone in thinking this is all too funny.
Kick Rocks
Coasini
Tasty Human

Post by Coasini »

Paul: Meh. Razbar is just pointedly ignoring the winged things. He basically views Jarthal as the "leader" right now. He's also not too much for speaking unless spoken to.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

I guess, really, I'm bored to tears with all the non interaction. Even bad interaction would be an improvement than the utter lack of speaking to oach other. I admit its a stupid idea for me to ever try to play a passive character in an online game, I should know better by now, but oh well. If you guys are having fun, roll with it! :)

I'm not being whiny/bitchy about it, simply that its not working for me and that's totally my own fault, I should have waited to see what everyone else was playing, but I player dropping would be less stress on AH than an unresponsive one. Seeing as how I've heard almost everyone else complain about the game once or twice, I figured I'd mention that if everyone was unhappy, I'm not adverse to restarting rather than just saying 'see ya' but that's completely up to you to decide. I like you guys as players and even characters, I just screwed up with mine.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Reika

Post by Reika »

Paul, had I realized what types of chars (not just class, but personality) I would never have used Luadril. AH said she'd be fine in the group, so the inital bad interaction sort of threw me, but I was willing to go along with it. Then there suddenly wasn't any interaction at all. The only people that were even vaguely responding (or even posting!) were Paul's char, Kai's char, and Scamp's char but only when mine got into his face.

I really did want to play Luadril because she was a nifty char, not to fuck with the GM. The comments were mainly joking, and a small part of me was thinking that way.

Quite frankly I got sick of being one of the 2 or 3 posters who were actually trying to push this thing forward. And the fact that people seemed to only show up for combat, then virtually stopped posting was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Razbar ibn Mujallah
Tasty Human

For my part I apologize.. I might just not be good at the bulletin board type of play. I guess I'm more used to immediate responses from like IRC and such..
Elldren
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Elldren »

I'd also like to apologize, having dropped off the face of Bulldrek for the greater part of a year.

edit: I'd also like to apologize for reviving a thread that's been dead for a similar amount of time
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

<font size=-2 color=#5c7898><i>For, to seek for a true defence in an untrue weapon, is to angle on the earth for fish, and to hunt in the sea for hares.[/i] -- Robert Silver, <i>Paradoxes of Defence</i>, 1599</font>
Ancient History
Demon

It's okay. Truth be told, I've never managed to get a PB3 game through the first "adventure" in any campaign.