[The True Facade] Rebirth

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Operator
Tasty Human

[The True Facade] Rebirth

Post by Operator »

System activated...

Archival function failed...

Immortal Incarnation online...
_ I am lost, but now am found. Blessed be the Ghost in the Machine.
Operator
Tasty Human

Rebirth...and Welcome Back

Post by Operator »

If you're reading this, then you're not dead.

<play chuckle.adf> I kill myself. I really do. No pun intended.

So, we're back online. If you've found your way here, you have also realized that we're not "in the light" as it were. We're not legit, and probably never will be again. You're also probably wondering how I'm alive, and if this is the Operator you all once knew. I won't answer those questions until I find out how many of us are left. So check-in folks. Update us all on your current circumstances, and prepare to answer my questions. If you're all nice and play along, maybe I'll think about playing nice as well, and answer some of your questions.
null
Tasty Human

Post by null »

Operator...

...you disappeared. Died. TTF was left in the hands of Guy Jones. Verify?

Obsidian? Guy? Requiem?

Verify?

I am very...c-confuuuus-s-sed.
null
Tasty Human

Post by null »

Maximilian
Tasty Human

Post by Maximilian »

Operator? Is that really you? With all due respect, we all saw you die. We all examined the logs of your last few moments as they raided TTF. We all questioned your initial ressurrection on the second TTF and now here...?

Is anyone of the old staff here to verify this?
Last edited by Maximilian on Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morden
Tasty Human

Post by Morden »

Max, you back here? Cool. Tron Jeh? Boom Boom? Dirty Barmeowitz? That idiot Dancing Flame, anyone remember that freak? Nuke? Jake? Polk? Chu Jung? Eva "The Bitch" Brokinflitch? Come on, people...sound off! The next thing you'll tell me is that Bat Masterson is still alive. *laughs*
Jake Madsen
Tasty Human

Post by Jake Madsen »

Yeah, I'm here. I don't know who this sorry sack of syphiletic shit is, though. *points at Operator*
Obsidian
Tasty Human

Post by Obsidian »

You should be dead.

This much I know is truth, I watched the life that was yours get sucked from the Ressonance itself, your power drained as the old home collapsed in on itself.

I fought for you Operator, I tried to keep you alive, prove your worth or whatever the hell it is we were trying to do with those fucks at Ares, and here you are alive this whole time? Not a word, even when some shitface stole your name and icon leaving something else in your place? I put up with the pure and utter crap of having to deal with a fucking Resonance damned 'contract' because I thought...

I thought...

You should be dead.

Post by Guest »

Morden
Tasty Human

Post by Morden »

Motherf...! It's him again. Piss off, you freak of technological nature!

Post by Guest »

Good ^o see y^^, too, l^ngsha^ks. Hea^d you w^r^ de^d.
Morden
Tasty Human

Post by Morden »

Misdirection. What the eye sees, the mind believes.

Post by Guest »

S^re. I suppose the scars are just "m^sdirect^on," too.
null
Tasty Human

Post by null »

<<sound_flat_hollow_voice>>

Z^ng^, once Zingy, Fallen Child of the Resonant Voice. Dissonant perchance? Do you miss them, Uriel, Samuel? Were you driven to madness by their absence, or was it the attack that left your synapses firing without an answer from the Resonance?

I was there, I saw it happen...
[Error. This code is running on a non-AEP sanctioned line. Please enter full override protocol passcodes.]
Failed.
Fail%ed.
Fa***i#ille!!d.
Ac([[ce\pted.|

Check this. Haven still haven; !safe. Some %kiddie*(s tak2en,t houg*h. L09ike t[his one. ^insid=e the're's a\ R^eson|ance. Ins!ide, even if &&there's no[ line$out. The AEP i^s is is aaaa Re^ssonaane. W*e <<connection dropped : data lost=.2MP>> f$or how*e#ver l8ong it! take<s. !&&#(jjw $$0w S TFh

I can hear it talking to me now.

<<Unexpected connection loss. Reconnect?>>
<<Reconnect?>>
<<Timeout exp^ir^ed.>>
How is RavenLord?

Post by Guest »

I haven't g^ne mad.

I've gggotten bett^r.
Prince
Tasty Human

I am...

Post by Prince »

I am surprised to see you. I missed this place.
Operator
Tasty Human

Someone said it earlier...

Post by Operator »

Obsidian wrote: You should be dead.

This much I know is truth, I watched the life that was yours get sucked from the Ressonance itself, your power drained as the old home collapsed in on itself.

I fought for you Operator, I tried to keep you alive, prove your worth or whatever the hell it is we were trying to do with those fucks at Ares, and here you are alive this whole time? Not a word, even when some shitface stole your name and icon leaving something else in your place? I put up with the pure and utter crap of having to deal with a fucking Resonance damned 'contract' because I thought...

I thought...

You should be dead.
"Misdirection. What the eye sees, the mind believes." You saw an account, a persona die, my friend. You also believed that you met Operator in person. Operator has always been a name, not a person. <cue Mystery_Revealed.adf> Ah, one of the great mysteries of TTF revealed. You expect the administrative staff of a place called the True Facade to be truthful? The Operator account was a name and persona created by Jonathan Faulk, aka Old Dirty Buzzard, and Elias Crichton, aka Chrome Messiah. Both were (note the past tense) amazing neuron cowboys of a generation long since passed over by the wannabees of today. When the TTF staff was actually given a physical home in Seattle, bringing Obsidian and Guy Jones onboard, ODB decided to employ a decoy to act as a physical face for him, to keep his secrecy intact. The use of his friend, Gregor Doyvchek, a well known invalid who had recently returned to the auto-racing world as a technical consultant, allowed Faulk the freedom he wanted while providing Gregor with some much needed excitement.

Two months ago, Faulk, Crichton, and Doyvchek died in a counter-attack by a Seraphim counter-espionage team, along with several other veteran members of the The True Facade community. They were successful in their primary task, but they knew that eventually the operatives would catch up with them. I'm pleased to say that they did not go down without exacting a heavy price. I'm also even more pleased that they were successful in their task, since it has lead to my freedom from my service to Seraphim and Lucien Cross.

By this point, I'm sure that at least Obsidian is extremely confused. You probably spent months searching for information on ODB and what happened to him after the Second Fall. Not surprisingly, you found nothing. Do not feel ashamed, sister. You were outclassed from the beginning. I do not doubt your abilities. But you were going up against the skill of two men who remember when the word Matrix was dreamt up. As amazing as your capabilities are, it was not good enough to bring down nearly four decades of practicing the art of misdirection in both the physical and neon world. I wish that I was given the opportunity to thank my saviors in person before they were slain, but that was not to be.

I made a promise to bring this place back online in whatever capacity I could. And I have now fulfilled that promise. In that vein, I also fulfill another promise. The True Facade is alive, and this time with complete freedom. Welcome to the Rebirth, Children of Yester Years. Say hello to the Days Yet to Come, Those_Who_Walk_Unborn.

Elijah
Operator
Tasty Human

Goodbye

Post by Operator »

This will be the last post from the Operator account. It is largely unneccessary under the new structure, and it is perhaps too painful for some. I will still be around as a poster under my own name. But say goodbye to the old era, friends. I believe the following audio clip is appropriate for the farewell tones this post exhibits.

Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about 6 weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of The Nostromo, signing off.

Well said, Lt. Ellen Ripley. This is Operator, signing off.

Elijah
Requiem
Tasty Human

Post by Requiem »

I'd wondered what had happened. Good day Obsidian, Null, how are all of you?

As to who this Operator is, I'll trust almighty god that he is not a stooge of the corps.

It is good we are back.
Obsidian
Tasty Human

Post by Obsidian »

There is never nothing, and even the greatest magicians have their tricks. The world must know the truth, and everyperson must know what goes on. Whether they care or not that is their choice, but they will at least know enough to make that choice. You've now convinced me that I need to try harder, and so I will.
Obsidian
Tasty Human

Post by Obsidian »

Greetings Reverend, I hope everything is going well for you.

Post by Guest »

Do^'t Image everyth^ng you r^ad.
Requiem
Tasty Human

Post by Requiem »

Well Obsidian, very well. My dioceses here in Redmond is becoming a haven, thanks in no small part to a new gang that has taken up my cause. As always, those in the neighborhood are welcome.

Post by Guest »

I w^uld like to note that ther^e's nothththing abouttt t t t this rotating rand^mness on your securrrity protocc c cols that I d d d d dddon't fin^ fascinatting.
kLu5+3r
Tasty Human

You are not forgiven

Post by kLu5+3r »

<new user detected>
<initiating traceroute...>
<traceroute halted: error code 41^3&*$%vs4@$%>

We have not forgotten Ronin.

We have long memories.

Consider yourselves warned.

<display nuke2.mxr>
<user has left the node>
Raven_Lord
Tasty Human

Forgiveness...

Post by Raven_Lord »

Ronin? He's as useless as Sid up there. And your "randomized" defenses are pathetic, slow-mo.

C'mon...next you're going to be telling me that ODB actually possesed some degree of skill.
_Like a splinter in your mind...driving you insane
Obsidian
Tasty Human

Post by Obsidian »

Do I have to remind you, you lost round 1, shithole? Or has the queen mother decided she wants to lose everything?
Gregory Hardell
Tasty Human

Post by Gregory Hardell »

So let me get this straight, a couple of old guys wanted to leave a mark on the matrix and they created this? Why not do something more spectacular like crash the entire thing or take down a Big Boy's network or something? Why just build a bulletin board with a whizz encryption code?
Bert Bertucelli
Tasty Human

Yo.

Post by Bert Bertucelli »

Lookin' fer a fight, ya know? My last old lady didn't take so kindly ta my rubbin' up ta an elf-slitch an' she thrashed up on my boat. An' now I'm in need of a little of the money, if ya know what I'm talkin' about?

Anyone hear of a good prize fight?
Chaos
Tasty Human

Post by Chaos »

&#1048;&#8962; Ø&#961;&#949;&#1103;&#945;&#9516;&#8962;&#1103;&#728;&#728;&#728;

&#923;&#951;&#273; &#0160; &#9553; &#0160;&#9554;&#1111;&#951;&#945;!!&#1063; &#0160;&#1084;&#945;&#8706;&#949; &#0160;&#1111;&#9516; &#0160;&#9516;&#8962;&#8962;&#728;&#728;&#728; &#9553;&#951; &#0160; ¢&#945;s&#949; &#1035;&#949; &#0160; ¢&#945;&#951; &#0160; s&#9516;&#1111;!! &#0160; &#1035;&#949;&#945;&#1103; &#0160; &#1084;&#949;, s&#8962;&#1084;&#949;&#974;&#1035;&#949;&#1103;&#949;, &#9516;&#1035;&#945;&#951;&#1078; &#1063;&#8962;µ
Mike Chrenowitz
Tasty Human

Post by Mike Chrenowitz »

Yo, Bert, ain't no prize, but I got some cred. Howzabout you come over here and rough up my old man, eh? No breakin him or nothin, just a good beatin. I gots about <<content deleted, violation of ToS>> Fr*g! D*mn b*stard won't even push the cred for our own connection, d*mn public term censorbot cuts my word, but he'll be back here tonight with that c*cksucking wh*reeeeeeeee0a8dh35l00000

<<user dropped for excessive ToS violations>>
Jake Madsen
Tasty Human

Post by Jake Madsen »

Jesus f***ing H. Christ! We've got foul f***ing language censorship now? Hey...wait...motherf***er, d***, p***y, s***, as***e, coc***cker.

Could someone turn this motherf***er off?
null
Tasty Human

Post by null »

Chaos wrote: &#1048;&#8962; Ø&#961;&#949;&#1103;&#945;&#9516;&#8962;&#1103;&#728;&#728;&#728;

&#923;&#951;&#273;   &#9553;  &#9554;&#1111;&#951;&#945;!!&#1063;  &#1084;&#945;&#8706;&#949;  &#1111;&#9516;  &#9516;&#8962;&#8962;&#728;&#728;&#728; &#9553;&#951;   ¢&#945;s&#949; &#1035;&#949;   ¢&#945;&#951;   s&#9516;&#1111;!!   &#1035;&#949;&#945;&#1103;   &#1084;&#949;, s&#8962;&#1084;&#949;&#974;&#1035;&#949;&#1103;&#949;, &#9516;&#1035;&#945;&#951;&#1078; &#1063;&#8962;µ
<iframe align="left" frameborder="0" height="25" name="translation" src="http://www.dv8.nl/gfx/bd/translation.html" width="100%"></iframe>
Johnny Freeman
Tasty Human

It hurts to move...

Post by Johnny Freeman »

Glad to see you made it out of Philly intact, Elijah. It's a shame we lost Batty there. He was a good guy, one of those rare kinds who still remembers why he started this whole mess. I wish he would have been able to get back to see Mr. Brown. That's what he wanted most.

I pulled through the surgery fine, and things have finally calmed down. The meeting with Cross went as well as can be expected, but I'm sure I only bought you some time, not a full pardon. I just really hate these fucking hospitals though. Way too clinical for my tastes, and they do some funny shit to Wide-Eyes like me. I'm adjusting to the new arms...but it takes time. Take care of yourself kid...and next time, don't call me. <display wink.agf>
Elijah
Tasty Human

Post by Elijah »

Jake: There are no language filters in place. Check your own Matrix Service Provider's Terms of Service.

Johnny: It is good to hear from you, and find you in (relatively) good health. Take care, Wide-Eyes. And once more, thank you. I cannot say that enough. If you ever need the debt of gratitude repayed, contact me.
Morden
Tasty Human

Post by Morden »

Are you the busters that got capped in Prague a few months back? I've been doing some work for Cross Applied Tech and I think I might have been one of the people to play some hide and go seek with ya'll.
Raven_Lord
Tasty Human

Post by Raven_Lord »

Obsidian wrote: Do I have to remind you, you lost round 1, shithole? Or has the queen mother decided she wants to lose everything?
No more fights, Obsidian. No more battles, no more wars. I promised the Buzzard that. I owed him, and that was the price. You win.

Setting aside that fact, you're right. You won the first round, and you'll win this round. I don't feel the Resonance anymore, Obsidian. I lost the Call. Not because of which side of the Tribal War I was on, not because the Queen left, and not because of the Resonance disappearing. I lost it due to time. It caught up with me, and I started needing the deck more and more. One day, I just couldn't make it without the deck. It's been that way for four months now. So you win, Sid. Enjoy your victory.
_Like a splinter in your mind...driving you insane
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

... (EDIT: fuck...wrong persona...forgot that you hafta to log in as diff person.)
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Daniel Barmeowitz
Tasty Human

Post by Daniel Barmeowitz »

<<<tracking in...success 1.....success 2>>

<<The tr^e Faca^^e >>

<<Message please?>>
I see...I was gone for a while, after chaos over at Lone Star ever since the last time. I was on a long break...thanks to that feet. My wife thought that The True Facade was bad to my health, so I decided to frag off for time. But there's something about The True Facade that...made me return. I don't know what, but I have returned.

Operator, it's good to see you again. I thought you died last when The True Facade moved for first time. Now this...is...the new reincarnation...of The True Facade? Wait a minute...I'm seeing two systems now. One is fragged up, and this? Now I'm confused. Can anyone update me on everything? So many old faces...so many old enemies...so many old friends...

Damn, I can't run as fast as I used to, but heck, I can bring up a storm if I have to. But now...I remember the rules...the damned rules. Annoying rules, but I still remember them.

Ah yes...The True Facade, the site where it brings many life and many deaths. I do not think you realize the impact of The True Facade has on you guys. Perhaps on the world itself. Heck, I remember that reports...from that..fortress...I don't think that report was completed.

Now...let's get down to biz. New rumors? New Fragfaces here? Drek?

<<Double-zero>>

<<log off>>

Post by Guest »

<iframe align="left" frameborder="0" height="25" name="translation" src="http://www.bulldrek.com/users/3278/zingy/translator.htm" width="100%"></iframe>
Bert Bertucelli
Tasty Human

Fraggin' 'ey

Post by Bert Bertucelli »

Mess your old man up? Post an address to me private like, an' an amount, an' we'll talk.
Daniel Barmeowitz
Tasty Human

Post by Daniel Barmeowitz »

Zingy, not you again.

Slot off.
Mike Chrenowitz
Tasty Human

Post by Mike Chrenowitz »

Fr*gging bot...yeah, yeah, thanks Bert-man, I'll keep it low, gotta get off the main tap, ya know? T-bonzz giving me the hookup when he collects, enda the week. We'll deal when I ain't gotta watchers, ya catch?