[OOC]Streets of Rage: Baptism of Fire

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Sorry this took so long.

UG's action should be pretty obvious; he's running out to kick some more ass. He's got this combat round and the next before the nice voice takes over. Paul, feel free to resolve what happens in those two rounds and let me know. Or, if something happens that needs my input, split 'em up. Makes no matter to me.
Buzzed
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Buzzed »

Sorry, I assumed you would post the results. I will make a post today.
_
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

If no one minds, I'm going to post Deke through the end of this combat, keeping track of how many turns he takes. [Probably, one.] I'm not really in anyone else's field of action, so I think I should be okay. I can always edit.
Sticks
Tasty Human

Post by Sticks »

I know I'm unconscious and/or dead and beaten to a bloody pulp, but I want y'all to know you have my moral support.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

BTW, what's your Essence? Hock's going to try and heal you when his action rolls around.
Sticks
Tasty Human

Post by Sticks »

Essence 6, I'm au naturale, baby.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Lucky you! OK, as soon as a GM-ish type person declares an end to major combat, Hock will drag you out of the way and cast Treat.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

<b>Opponent 1 [Lead Pipe Guy] - <i>Base target number 4</i></b>
-1 Character has friends in melee
<b>Adjusted target number: 3</b>
Clubs: 4
Combat Pool dice: 4
17 05 05 04 02 02 01 01 [#D:8 TN:3 H#:17 <b>S:4</b>]

<b>Deke - <i>Base target number 4</i></b>
+1 Opponent has friends in melee
+1 Damage Modifier [1 point physical damage, 3 points mental damage, 3 levels Pain Resistance edge]
-2 Reach modifier
-1 Home Ground edge
-1 Proficiency [Edged Weapons]
<b>Adjusted target number: 2</b>
Edged Weapons/Combat Axe: 5/7
Combat Pool dice: 0
09 05 04 02 02 02 02 [#D:7 TN:2 H#:9 <b>S:7</b>] [Bwah-ha-ha! Fair and square!]

<b>Damage Resistance</b>
12S, 3 successes: 12D
Impact Armor [2]: 10D
Body: 5
07 05 05 02 01 [#D:5 TN:10 H#:7 S:0]

_
<b>Opponent 2 [Mace Guy] - <i>Base target number 4</i></b>
+2 Reach modifier
<b>Adjusted target number: 6</b>
Mace: 4
Combat Pool dice: 4
05 04 03 02 02 01 01 01 [#D:8 TN:6 H#:5 <b>S:0</b>]

+1 Damage Modifier [1 point physical damage, 3 points mental damage, 3 levels Pain Resistance edge]
-1 Home Ground edge
Combat Pool dice: 0
17 05 05 04 03 02 02 [#D:7 TN:3 H#:17 <b>S:5</b>] [Now I <i>know</i> I'm cheating.]

<b>Damage Resistance</b>
12S, 5 successes: 13D
Impact Armor [2]: 11D
Body: 6
07 07 03 01 01 01 [#D:6 TN:11 H#:7 S:0]

_
Okay. Well, they attacked me, and I killed them. I love Shadowrun's melee system. I'll start typing their actions now.

[edit]Forgot to do their damage resistance. Not, you know, that it mattered.[/edit]
[edit]Took out "serious damage guy's" attack, since he was standing up for his action.[/edit]
Last edited by 3278 on Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Were all three guys there to begin with, or did baseball bat guy show up later? Because if they were all there, the pipe guy has a -2 for friends, and Deke's got a +2, and if he goes down, then there's still a -1/+1 for the mace guy.

Not that I want you to lose or anything, I'm just pointing out how things normally work.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

TheScamp wrote:Were all three guys there to begin with, or did baseball bat guy show up later? Because if they were all there, the first guy has a -2 for friends, and Deke's got a +2.
Baseball bat guy [who's actually "lead pipe guy"] is the guy with serious damage from last round. His initiative went to -3 from the serious wound, so he acted after his buddies. He had to spend his turn getting up and re-entering the fight [knockdown sends him "one or two meters back" even with a couple successes, so I'm guessing Deke's strength of 12 and the guy's failure to get any successes on knockdown takes him at least one meter away, which is the radius of the "friends in melee"].

Good lookin' out, though.

On the other hand, that does remind me that "serious damage guy" didn't get to make an attack this round, because he was getting up. Deke's post now reflects this, and I'll do Deke's attack on the next action. Guess it'll probably hurt bad.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

<b>Opponent 1 [Lead Pipe Guy] - <i>Base target number 4</i></b>
+3 Damage Modifier [6 points physical damage]
+2 Reach modifier
<b>Adjusted target number: 9</b>
Clubs: 4
Combat Pool dice: 5
11 07 05 05 05 03 03 03 02 [#D:9 TN:9 H#:11 S:1]

-1 Home Ground edge
Combat Pool dice: 6
05 04 04 04 04 03 03 02 02 02 02 02 02 [#D:13 TN:3 H#:5 S:7]

<b>Damage Resistance</b>
12S, 6 successes: 14D
Impact Armor [2]: 12D
Body: 5
05 03 02 02 01 [#D:5 TN:12 H#:5 S:0]
Amber
Tasty Human

Post by Amber »

Amber is shooting at the ork, with her skill of 5, plus 5 Combat Pool.

base TN 4
+1 Light wound
+2 in melee
-2 smartlink
-1 Take Aim

adjusted TN 4
rolled 05 04 04 03 02 02 01 01 01 01. 3 successes. Gah, too many ones.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

If it's all right with everyone, I'm going to take my action slightly out-of-order. Technically, Hock's been holding action ever since his initiative came up; he's waiting for the fighting to clear so he can drag Sticks to safety. Then, he's throwing a force-4 Treat spell on him.

Just to get that resolved:
Sorcery 5, TN 4:
14 05 05 05 03
#D:5 TN:4 H#:14 S:4

Will 5, Spell Pool 5, vs Drain of 1D (effectively 2D)
07 05 05 05 04 03 02 02 02 01
#D:10 TN:2 H#:7 S:9

So, no drain. I'm going to take the full base time, which removes me for about 15 combat turns. Luckily for Sticks, that heals him for 4 boxes, leaving him at a Moderate plus.

As soon as someone says it's OK, I'll post in the IC thread.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Cain: You're clear!

Crone: Unless four of those were in the first five dice , I'd say you did the job just fine. He just another serious wound. That's more than enough to lay him out deader than a door nail.

At this point we are outside of Combat. (Some people may have some small stuff to finish up, but we're outside it.)
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

I just used the dice roller to roll 10 dice, so I don't know which are skill, and which are CP, sorry.

Glad he's dead, though. :)
Terror, like charity, begins at home.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Hey Paul, is anything going to happen to UG as he runs out, or should I just whip up a post of him smashing a few more skulls then lumbering to a bewildered stop?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I'm going to make a call here-and say do what you think is best in the intrest of the game, drama, comedy and what not. I trust your instincts. I do not per say have anything planned-they're pretty much pulling back, and (Way OOC) waiting for reinforcements.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Hock/Cain wrote:"Sticks!" Hock ran over to the fallen leader. His eyes went wild, scanning in all directions, trying to keep low and away from Deke's wilder swings. Hock snagged sticks under the arms, and quickly pulled him into the shelter behind one of the fallen bookcases. It didn't take him long to realize thatSticks was about to die.
Deke is on another side of the building. Sticks was with White Tiger and... uh... Speed, I think. UG is directly opposite all of this. Toyman is on the roof, his cars are on that floor - one of his cars is the closest to Deke of any "member" of the group. Ares is, I think, still up one floor, probably taking pot shots at retreating enemy. Chopper and Amber are in the basement making sweet, sweet chainsaw. ;)

Anyways, might want to edit your post to reflect the appropriate person swinging nearby.

I'll do up a post in a bit with Toyman doing a flyby of the area to make sure they're really falling back, and then letting people know we're safe, for the moment.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

Speed actually already pulled Sticks clear of the fighting.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Oops. I'll amend the post. BTW, where's Amber? Hock's going to want to heal her as well.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Who still needs to post? Is there anyone waiting for a response from Paul, or anything else I can help out with?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I just need to get UG out, cracking a couple more skulls, and then back in. Should get done this afternoon, tomorrow latest.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Amber is in the first subbasement with Chopper.

I will try and get maps updated real quick. Sorry for the delay just got back online after a short unexpected absence.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Posted Toyman's aerial sweeps, one inside scan using the cars. Any extra info you want to give us about what various NPCs are doing can be done through that, I'd imagine.
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

And if anyone else is injured, best let Hock know ASAP. He's managed to avoid drain so far, so now's a good time to get fixed up.
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

Amber just needs some Bandaids.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Someone get UG a towel.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

I need to find the guys who stomped me and take their temperature with my pool cue.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay I think-think I have defeated the virus thats been giving me so much shit. If not, hopefully 32 will be later today anyways.

What do I need to do besides get an updated map up? Anything? Or are we ready to make the "jump" to the next "scene"?
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Serious Paul wrote:What do I need to do besides get an updated map up? Anything? Or are we ready to make the "jump" to the next "scene"?
Well, you can either have Toyman making the report on the scene outside, or you can just write it up in a semi-OOC fashion and assume the info is transmitted, but in some fashion Toyman has seen what's going on around the building and on the first floor, and is damn well telling people. Also, where is Billy at this point?
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Yeah-those are some options. I was just making sure I didn't need to resolve anything I missed. Right now we're at a "transition" scene. I want this to be as motivated by each of you as possible. All of it should be that really fun character interaction stuff we all love to hype.

A note: Soemtimes we get reluctant to speak for other players when writing our own posts. Try and avoid going down that road-we can always edit if we have to. By now we should all have a good idea of where "we" are, and what "we" are.

Outside scene from the drones: Basically they've puleld back to just beyond small arms extreme range (SMG), in some basics group. (North, East, SOuth, and West for simplicity.)

Most of them have adopted some sort of cover or basic concealment-so its difficult to get hard numbers-but you're pretty sure all the guys to the west are the Ghouls. They seem to be licking their wounds, and setting in.

Also more seem to be arriving in small bands from all directions-they're still a good distance out-but you can see their dust kicking up, and thermal sigs.

Speaking of thermal-the dust is really kicked up now-I mean big time. Its getting reall hard to get real accurate sensor readings.

Billy? Why he is on the first floor-why do you ask? :evil
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Yeah-those are some options. I was just making sure I didn't need to resolve anything I missed. Right now we're at a "transition" scene. I want this to be as motivated by each of you as possible. All of it should be that really fun character interaction stuff we all love to hype.

A note: Soemtimes we get reluctant to speak for other players when writing our own posts. Try and avoid going down that road-we can always edit if we have to. By now we should all have a good idea of where "we" are, and what "we" are.

Outside scene from the drones: Basically they've puleld back to just beyond small arms extreme range (SMG), in some basics group. (North, East, SOuth, and West for simplicity.)

Most of them have adopted some sort of cover or basic concealment-so its difficult to get hard numbers-but you're pretty sure all the guys to the west are the Ghouls. They seem to be licking their wounds, and setting in.

Also more seem to be arriving in small bands from all directions-they're still a good distance out-but you can see their dust kicking up, and thermal sigs.

Speaking of thermal-the dust is really kicked up now-I mean big time. Its getting reall hard to get real accurate sensor readings.

Billy? Why he is on the first floor-why do you ask? :evil
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Serious Paul wrote:Billy? Why he is on the first floor-why do you ask? :evil
Actually, it was because 32/Deke seemed to be moving him around, so I wasn't sure... ;)
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Yes-32's post accurately reflected where our young Billy was for a brief second. He was not, however, detectable by any standard scanners. Starting to see the evil that is I? :evil
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Ok unless you post by Sunday I am moving this game forward.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Are these approaching people approaching soon? How long would it appear we have?
Sticks
Tasty Human

Post by Sticks »

I think I'm waiting for the next scene. Are more people coming to kick my ass?
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

I believe that Hock is simply waiting to see if anyone needs to be healed.
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

I'm working on a post.

edit: there, done
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

32: They will filter in slowly over the next few minutes to several hours. A slight GM hint here-there won't be an attack by them until after the sun goes down. Thats several hours away. (About 10.)

In the mean time you're being completely surronded.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Roll to Treat Amber: 11 08 05 05 05 05 03 03 02 02

#D:10 TN:4 H#:11 S:6

1 success used to heal 1 box (all her damage), the rest used to reduce the time to 9 seconds.

Roll to resist 2L Drain: 05 05 04 02 02

#D:5 TN:2 H#:5 S:5 No Drain.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Ancient you're on Deck. Rally the troops.

Jet Plane: Are you still intrested in playing, even if time is constricted for you for now? I still would like for you to post when you can. Obviously this may not be!

Deke, Toyman and Ares-I believe you're all current on post, but feel free to add more.

EVERYONE else get a feeling post in here-react at least mentally to Sticks, and the situation. This is your chance to earn karma!
Toyman
Tasty Human

Post by Toyman »

Toyman was heading dowstairs. This seems like a good time for him to show up.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

*POOF*

You're all there. In the basement, all of you. At the mouth of the tunnel. One things pretty obvious-Chopper, Deke, and UG will not fit in there, unless they belly crawl most of the way. Tiger and Ares also may be physically too big.

At this point its your moment to shine. Play your role. Anyone who doesn't post by the end of this week, will find their character has met a rather abrupt end.

We have one more big scene left and thats it.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Okay, I'm casting Analyze Truth, throwing my whole spell pool into it. It's a resisted spell, so I don't know how many successes I got. Here's what popped up using the die roller:
20 14 11 10 07 05 04 03 02 01 S:?

Drain is effectively 2L, so the results look like this:
14 05 04 03 01
#D:5 TN:2 H#:14 S:4 No drain.
[/b]
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

• 1. Paul rules.

2. Is the Mac Brothers' junk yard zone #65 on the map (Labeled as Scrap Yard)?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Scamp yes. Cain: you obviously have no successes, however Hock actually feels the spell worked smashingly. He may of course change that conclusion when he realizes what he is dealing with.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

[impending doom]

Cool, only a couple blocks away.

[/impending doom]

Good luck, Deke!
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

I have been having major computer problems lately. And now my connection is going fuckee fuckee on me. Paul, I know you were all gungho about Tiger. If you want to, go ahead and post for him. Make his death cool, aiight? ;) I'll probably be back in a couple weeks. I'm posting this at work.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.