[OOC]Streets of Rage: Baptism of Fire

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Ares
Tasty Human

Post by Ares »

So umm.. let me know when I need to post again, I guess.

I no longer wholy know what's going on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What are you looking at?
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Ang: Hock's going to take a few Free Actions that you might like to pay attention to.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Just to clear up anyones confusion:

All of my recent posts take place nearly simultaneously. The spirit attacks, at nearly the same time Deke opens fire, Ares takes fire,and the bad guys atatck. And so on.

Coasini: They attacked you with a molotov cocktail, which hit the exterior window frame. No damage really to you, more or less a dramatic tool. Per our MSN conversation.

Everyone can post right now, and should. Some sort of reaction to whats happening in your area of control. So if you just mowed down ten people, react to it. Reactions don't have to be actions at all if you don't want them to be. It can be purely emotional discourse or dramatic prose if that suits your purposes.

Basically you're setting up your next actions.

If there are any questions or confusion please feel free to PM me, email me, MSN me, whatever. I absolutely no problem answering any questions you may have. Sometimes the game is clearer in my mind than it is in my posts.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Re: Hock's last post-

Spray? If you mean, like, burst/full-auto spray, Toyman lacks the hardware (and skill). If you mean with gasoline, I'd love to but I'll need to go get my Molotov supplies... ;)
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Oh, no-- an oil slick should be enough.

Toyman would know that Hock's most powerful spell happens to be a fireball....
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Revised Combat Map for the ground floor.

Red circles represent mundane human gangers. The three going down the stairs are going to be same ones on the subbasement map when I put it.

Red circles filled with blue represent magically active gangers.

Red circles filled with green represent ghouls.

The Blue circle reprsents the spirit Cain summoned. Its effects have been disrupted at this point. It is now only actively concealing each of you it can see.

The Green circle is Scamp of course. Brown Deke. Purple is Tiger. Questions?

Keep in mind any windows are actually shattered and blocked. Also the two reading rooms are collapsed and rubbled out.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Second floor

Solid brown squares are chairs, and couches, etc...

Solid brown circles are tables.

The rest are shelves and what not.

The Orange is Ares.

Questions comments?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay using the Dice bot I got from Kai sometime ago, I resolved Scamps combat action.

The official stats: 5 on 1.

Opponents have the folowing advantages:

Opponent has friends in the melee (-4)

Opponents had the following disadvantages:

Wounded (Varied from Light to Serious wounds, so +1 to +6 to their target numbers.)
Reach Disadvantage (+1 to their target numbers)

Only 3 managed to successfully even net a success. Scamp however netted twice to three times their success, and therefore succeeded in hitting all of them.

He outright killed 2 (Over damage is a bitch...) seriously wounded 2, and one guy got off with a moderate wound by sheer insane luck.

If you care on the dice bot you managed a 37 for one of your successes. Do you want to post the carnage or shall I?

Bishop: Are you waiting for them to come in the door at space k19 or a space near j16? Either way your shooting at Medium range (Base target number 5 of course.)

Disadvantages for you:

Targets running +2 to your target number
If you shoot more than one guy add in the Multiple target modifier (+2)

I'll let you figure out your own advantages. :) You'll know them better than me anyways.

Questions comments?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I'll post it up a little later today. Which of the 3 orks and 2 trolls took what wounds? With what, if anything, are/were they armed?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Ork 1 attacked from the rear witha knife, he took the moderate wound. (Position 3)

Ork 2 attacked from just behind you to the right side, he used his legs to kick you, he took serious damage. (Position 2 1/2)

Ork 3 attacked from just in front and to the right of you with a lead pipe. He died.(position 1)

Troll 1 attacked straight on with a shoulder block/tackle. He died. Horriblely.

Troll 2 attacked from the frontal left with a large broken ball bat with a spike driven through it. he took Serious damage.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

I wanted to be crouched next to the little out cropping there in K19. I'd like to wait until they're right in the middle there, between I and J 16 and 17, or thereabouts. No cover, away from the door and me.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

How we doing peoples?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Who has /not/ posted for this current "round?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I needa post from Scamp by Monday (As this is the holiday weekend here in the US, I can't expect one sooner.) night or tuesday morning.

Other than that is anyone missing out?

Cain? Ang? Buzzed?

Comments questions?
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Well, I've got a second action this round. Which is going to be spent spellcasting, but it kinda depends on Ang.

However-- over by the spirit, is there a gas-powered cycle that I can see? I'm looking for one with a gas cap on the front tank. I assume that by now, a lot of bikes are already knocked over, etc.

The second thing will be a free action sending a message to the spirit to retreat. It's not a command, it's a polite suggestion combined with a definite hint that I'm up to something. I'm not going to be able to issue a command until later; but the spirit should be smart enough to realize I'm going to attempt something tricky.
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

I have a comment. I like the pace of the game. With 13 characters, I wan't expecting a fast paced game.

I'll react to teh situation when appropiate, but so far, Chopper's actions warrent a further pause before another post.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Chopper wrote:I have a comment. I like the pace of the game. With 13 characters, I wan't expecting a fast paced game.
I like the pace, too. And with 13 players, it's kind of even fast, just because there are a lot of people to make new posts. I'm having fun, too.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

I've been gone for the last few days, but I'm back now. Toyman is lying on the roof, slack-jawed (more or less) at the moment, so he doesn't need any sort of minor-action post right now. He also can't easily respond to Hock due to the RAS override, assuming he can even hear what Hock said, which I've never been entirely clear on. If he can, and the response would be a free action (which I think may not be the case), I'll put up something quick regarding the below noted info.

Toyman's next action (in the next combat round, I believe, since as I recall I combined all of my actions for the initial round into a single post) is going to be to jack out from his RCD, unless there's a damn good reason to use a smoke screen somewhere (via one of the Rotodrones) or Baby Thunder (which is not in the basement by the tunnel, contrary to one of... Speed's, I think... posts, but rather in position to guard the entrance to the sub-basement. I had thought it possible to reach that basement by stairs, which is evidently incorrect) is in position to offer help to one of the people guarding the doors -- Deke and Eugene should be fine (as far as Toyman is concerned -- and in Deke's case he might even be upset that someone removed his opposition), but if a third point of access needs help I can get the car there to blast groups as they enter. If he does jack out, he'll either take pot shots at gas tanks, or he'll head down to get Lightning ready with a rocket and possibly to start work on creating some quick improvised fire-bombs.

Cain: There's no way I can get Black Ice, which is currently in the sub-basement by the tunnel (somehow -- if this isn't actually possible, I'll edit that post to reflect a location by the elevator shaft or the like, in place for a quick pick-up as Toyman heads down should escape be needed) outside to spray oil, though there's no way Hock would know that.

Paul: I'll get in touch with you sometime soon to work out exactly where my drones are, which will have some bearing on my next actions -- however, I'm willing to act late, so if others know they're supposed to post, they should do so.

PS: I think the pacing has been fairly good as well. Going to read the IC thread now.
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

So, who's turn is it, anyways?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I'll try to get a post up; my internet connection has been basically down since last Tuesday, with only brief and indeterminate periods of uptime. The 4th tech to come will be out tomorrow morning, and hopefully everything will be resolved by then.
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

I will have some posts up tommorrow as well.
Kick Rocks
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay we are officially in the second combat turn.

Cain will be casting a fireball. At the same time the spirit will attempt a retreat. Scamp will post his post, Bishop opens fire and Deke has an action left. Sticks will also arrive to back up Tiger.

I think Speed is now on the main floor as well.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Actually, unless I see spilled gasoline, I'll be taking my second action of the first combat turn to use Magic Fingers on a gas cap. The Fireball is going to be targeted at the spilled gas. :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Oh I think there is some spilled fuel...just a little...:D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Ang we need to talk, maybe later today I will be on mIRC-like after 2300 likely. However feel free to email/PM me whatever.

I set you up, now knock 'em down peeps!
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Ok, post is up. UG's just going to keep on whaling away at whoever comes through the door. If there's some way to get a terrain advantage, he'll try to work it out, but otherwise, it's going to remain bashing time. Any reach advantage will be used to lower his own target numbers.

I'm also outty till Sunday night; heading to Montana to be Best Man in an old friend's wedding. Hopefully my cable connection will be stable by then.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Ares its your action currently. After you I will let the rest of you go simultaneously, those who have actiosn remaining.

Tiger scored a four success hit against a target number three shot (Med range, Target #5, minus two from SM Link 2=3) and scored a deadly hit on a ganger. You can post your second shot.

I believe deke and Jock have actions, as well as Toyman right?

And Sticks maybe...

I miss any one?
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

*waves hand*

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Heh I suck so bad. Jock? Am I nuts? I meant Hock, my apologies for my poor typing skills.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I haven't forgotten this, really I haven't. I don't have my books with me today-but I will be posting soon. I promise.

Hock, Deke, Toyman and Sticks all have actions left I believe. I think maybe Speed does as well. Maybe even Tiger. I know Ares will go last for the combat round we are in.

Cain, 3278 , Ang and whomever feel free to get the jump and me and take your last action for the round.
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

Amber has an action but she's not doing anything very exciting with it. I'll put a post up, though.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Magic Fingers on that bike. I figure that if a normal person can run alongside a bike, i can do it with a Force 3 magic fingers...
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Anguirel wrote: He also can't easily respond to Hock due to the RAS override, assuming he can even hear what Hock said, which I've never been entirely clear on.
The RAS override impedes the senses-sight and sound specifically. You are at a +8 to a standard perception test (target number 3, so actually 11) to hear Hock speak.
Paul: I'll get in touch with you sometime soon to work out exactly where my drones are, which will have some bearing on my next actions -- however, I'm willing to act late, so if others know they're supposed to post, they should do so.
We need to do this.

I will soon be posting some stuff.

Cain: As long as it remains LOS you can change the area of effect for the spell.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Chopper you are one ucky mutherfucker. Not only did their mage miss you completely with an Acid Stream spell, but he managed to fuck the target numbers of the other attackers up to save your ass from alot of gun fire.

You are however at +4 to all your target numbers for the rest of this turn.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay here is a revised ground floor combat map.

Speed is the blue circle, Sticks is the yellow. Sorry running out of colors.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Woah. Um, did UG take out everybody by his door?
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Did I manage to luck out, and crash the bike near some ghouls?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I guess I fubbed up. Where were you anyways? Sorry, I am absolutely dog tired right now so if you could point me in the right direction I can properly answer that.

By the by Crone you could hear all the events that occured around and to Chopper.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

UG is guarding the southern door, which last I knew had like 6-7 more guys around it at least. That is, unless someone else's action has taken care of them without my knowing.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Serious Paul wrote:I guess I fubbed up. Where were you anyways? Sorry, I am absolutely dog tired right now so if you could point me in the right direction I can properly answer that.

By the by Crone you could hear all the events that occured around and to Chopper.
Hock is still on the roof, at last check headed towards the east side of the building. He's using Magic Fingers to grab the bike with the leaky gas tank, and wheel it into a large knot of gangers (preferably ghouls). If I don't actually hit anyone with the bike, or do any damage, that's OK-- I'm setting up for a great big fireball next round, once my pools have refreshed.
Sticks
Tasty Human

Post by Sticks »

Paul: Sticks is unconscious possibly dead.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm not sure if Paul will have time before he goes to work, so: Could everyone please roll initiative?
Ares
Tasty Human

Post by Ares »

Do I need to post once more?

Initiative: 3d6+9: 16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What are you looking at?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

UG: 1d6(3) + 2 = 5
Amber
Tasty Human

Post by Amber »

5 + 2d6 = 11
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ares: Yes. Thank you for remembering!
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

6 + 1d6(4) = 10
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

5 + 1d6 [2] = 7

For a mathematician, I have a statistically-unlikely amount of suckage at initiative rolls.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

First up, a Perception Check to justify seeing the guys slipping in behind Deke. Sorry, I'd usually have waited for you to roll, Paul, but I didn't think it would be important enough to really matter. If you want me to edit that post, I can, particularly as I was using a possibly old map on which to base the idea.

[05:54] <Anguirel> !c 6d6
[05:54] <Winternight> Anguirel: 3 3 15 5 2 3 (3 3 15 5 2 3) - *15*

I have no idea if Toyman even had an action or what, here, but it seemed semi-resonable, given the amount of action. I'll wait until next round to do anything major. Speaking of next round...

[05:58] <Anguirel> !i 2d6+5
[05:58] <Winternight> Anguirel: 3 4 (3 4) - Initiative: 12
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Ares
Tasty Human

Post by Ares »

Ares' actions remain unchanged. He'll continue putting bullets into people he can see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What are you looking at?