[OOC]Streets of Rage: Baptism of Fire

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Init: 5 +1d6 [4]=9

I'm ok with the pacing, too. Sorry I've only put one post up so far. Another one will be following this, explaining what Tiger's doing. He is going to go arm up, pretty much. Lemme know, Paul, if I do too much, and I'll edit.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Tiger
Tasty Human

Post by Tiger »

Tiger, no radio.
_
I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.
UG
Tasty Human

Post by UG »

Radio? Like I gots figers small 'nuff to play with dem little fiddly things they's gots all over.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

crone wrote:I know I am being slow, but I'm finding this pretty confusing (and I've been busy the last couple of days). Some people are a good 5 minutes ahead of other people, and I'm not at all sure when Octane is.
Maybe I can help.

Just after you leave to head back down stairs with The Billyster, which is just after the spirit is summoned, Octane gives his speech. Your last post was just prior to my post with Ares firing.

Ares firing is the begining of our first combat turn. What I need from you is a post detailing your return to the roof. At about that time you run out of turn-sorry. :) I can handle your return to the roof if you'd like.
Question: Does Nash have a radio? Amber has one, plus a spare she will give Nash if she doesn't.
She does now.

After Crone either tells me to post for her, or posts, the order of posts should read as follows:

Anguirel then Cain. Then Tiger followed by Chopper. Then UG, followed Sticks. At that point it is 3278 and then the gang.

Teja I don't have an Initiative pass for you yet because no initiative, unless I totally missed it. Let me know if thats the case!

Buzzed/Chopper: I'm a bit confused. You have three seperate Initiatives posted. Are you rolling for the next three turns or is there something I missed?

Just so you know, I'll assume it was a simple misunderstanding, you roll initiative once. (I took your first roll) then take that number and subtract ten from it. If you have any questions, or anyone does, let me know.

To answer Anguirel's question: I think thats reasonable to expect so yes you could set up for a shot.

Initiative: 5 + 2d6 (2+5) = 12[/quote]
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

I just posted my next 3 turns is all. Since my highest possible initiative is 10, that means I get 1 initiative pass per roll.

I just thought it might help clearify what I am planning on doing with my character. But if you don't like me declaring my next 3 turns in advance, I'll declare and roll for just one at a time instead.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

Query: I was waiting for a response from the spirit before giving it orders. Did I manage to give it commands before the combat turn, or do I have to spend my first action giving it said order?
crone
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by crone »

Post for me, thanks, Paul. I don't have much time to post for the next 30 odd hrs.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

4 + 1d6 (3) : 7
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Ares
Tasty Human

Post by Ares »

Two things, Paul.

You covered my first action quite well. I don't believe I need to post again anytime soon, as everyone else will need to act first.

However, second, my shades are simply low-light and thermo vision. They're not smartshades. Even if they were, it would only function on one gun, not both (according to SR3, you can't use smartlink with two weapons.)

I don't know if this changes the resolution of the shooting or not, I just thought I'd let you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What are you looking at?
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

I did both actions for this round, since they're combined, more or less. Actually, I may have done more, I don't exactly remember the drone-switching rules, but it should work out ok... His next action is actually going to be to order Haze down, and then force a reboot of his RCD to get Lightning online. Since that'll take a while, after that he'll jack out and get into place to take a few shots -- he did find good targets, right?
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Cain wrote:Query: I was waiting for a response from the spirit before giving it orders. Did I manage to give it commands before the combat turn, or do I have to spend my first action giving it said order?
I'm going to err on the side of the players every time. So lets assume you had time to give one order.

Crone: No problem. Will take care of it, since it plays nicely into my next big post!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Just a little aside.

Deke
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

That's fucking cool, Paul. Me want one, me want one. :P
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Its my hope to do one for each character.

The corn rows didn't turn out quite like I wanted them to on Deke.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Ares wrote:They're not smartshades. Even if they were, it would only function on one gun, not both (according to SR3, you can't use smartlink with two weapons.)
Yeah, but since that's the most stupid rule we've ever heard, we usually ignore it.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

My houserule on multiple smartlinks: One processor = one gun. Smartgoggles only have one processor, so they can only handle one gun. That's just my personal games, however.

Paul: Hock's going for a stunball, covering Octane and trying to cover as many people in the radius that I can. I'm dumping all 5 sorcery dice, plus all 4 spell pool dice into it (I lose one for it being a Combat spell) and throwing it at 4L. Do I roll this, or do you?
Ares
Tasty Human

Post by Ares »

3278 wrote:
Ares wrote:They're not smartshades. Even if they were, it would only function on one gun, not both (according to SR3, you can't use smartlink with two weapons.)
Yeah, but since that's the most stupid rule we've ever heard, we usually ignore it.
Oh okay. I wasn't aware of that.

Maybe I'll pick up some smartgoggles or shades or something at some point in time then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What are you looking at?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

That's a good house rule. I think we usually just charge for the extra induction pad, but we should really require an extra processor, too. And you could double the price of smartgoggles with twin processors, and raise their Availability to reflect their rarity. Cool.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Tiger

Cain: Will cover results tommorrow. Today I take a fathers day hiatus. Will post at length tommorrow.

Sound fair everyone?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

No. Fuck off! We hate you. Ha-ha!
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

No! Damn you, we're going to handcuff you to your computer, and make you GM until your fingers fall off! MWA-HA-HA!!! :D

Seriously, happy Father's day.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Thanks, the same to both of you! And to anyone else with kids!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Ares wrote:Two things, Paul.

You covered my first action quite well. I don't believe I need to post again anytime soon, as everyone else will need to act first.

However, second, my shades are simply low-light and thermo vision. They're not smartshades. Even if they were, it would only function on one gun, not both (according to SR3, you can't use smartlink with two weapons.)

I don't know if this changes the resolution of the shooting or not, I just thought I'd let you know...
Yeah...uhm....uhm...pretends he knew that...

I like Cain's house rule. We'll adopt that.
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

Is it ok for me to post? I thought I needed to wait for Tiger before posting.

Now I don't know what's going on, was Tiger's last post his post for this round of combat? Were you guys waiting for my post?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Chopper is indeed up sir!

For now just keep a loose eye on the posting order. It doesn't have to be perfect. We just need to get a feel for who is the fastest, and what not. Once we get that down, the rest will fall in place.
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

Chopper is now at the base of the cart ramp on his Scorpion. I dunno if it will affect combat, but I figured shining the brights would make it harder for them to see me, since bright light sources tend to black out what is directly behind them to the naked eye.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Looks like the next people should be: UG, Sticks, Teja, myself, and then the gang. Scamp, your turn! Try to leave some for the rest of us. ;)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

I just need to know how much or how little of what I planned for UG will be possible either as my combat action, or (more importantly) from the time we finished moving the furniture to the point when initiative was rolled.
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

It sounds like it's ok to "assume a position" at the beginning of combat. So I would start your first combat action off at whatever point you like. There seems to have been some confusion in the beginning as to who went where, so I don't think Paul will mind if you already went downstairs and grabbed your mace, ect, ect.

For now on, I'll post and then edit if Paul doesn't like what I did. This will make the game go a little faster.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

TheScamp wrote:I just need to know how much or how little of what I planned for UG will be possible either as my combat action, or (more importantly) from the time we finished moving the furniture to the point when initiative was rolled.
For the purposes of this initial melee round lets assume you had time. Since there was some confusion. SOund good?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Everything should be pretty self explanatory. UG's covering the biggest door, slightly to the side, but out of range of the swinging door if it's somehow bashed/blown open. First guy who comes through gets a parking meter pushed firmly up his nose.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Sticks and Speed both go at 7, but Sticks has the higher Reaction, so it's your turn, boss.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Incidentally, are the naughty folk banging on the door that UG's covering?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Paul, what's the situation on my side? How close are the bikers to me from where I am at the east entrance?
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Scamp: Why yes they are...:) Seriously though, yeah thats the door Octane is at. So shortly we'll get see you smash some shit with your neat ass mace. (I don't know why but I love that thing. I keep getting this picture of the red Expired tag going off each time.)

32: They're organizing a bit slower on your side, as the ghouls broke off to fight Cain's spirit, and they're still getting hit pretty hard with its accident and confusion powers.

[Edit]How I see UG
Kick Rocks
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay, but /how far/ from me are they? :)
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

We need to sit down and do the library map so I can do that right. Meri has orientation tommorrow, and she is off rollerblading right now. I will try to have the map done at work tonight, and post it in the morning. It will include everyone positions, including bad guys.
Kick Rocks
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

Ground Floor map.

To repeat:
  • Red dots are bad guys.
  • Red dots with green inside them are ghouls.
  • Red dots with blue inside them are magically active gangers. (Adepts, mages, etc...)
  • Blue dot is Cain's City Spirit
  • Green dot is Scamp
  • Brown dot is 3278
I will use black to X out casualties,a nd try to update this map frequently. I will soon post some other floors.

Squares are 3 Meters sqaure.

Questions?
Kick Rocks
Paul
Tasty Human

Post by Paul »

2nd Floor

Basically the third too.

Orange dot represents Ares who is facing south, just above Scamp.
Kick Rocks
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Subebasement 2

By the way feel free to tweak these maps and change your location.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Excellent, Paul. Thank you.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Let's get together before your post, Paul, so we can resolve all the combat so far, take their actions, fix the map to reflect the updates, and so on.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

I should be on the ground floor still, also. I think. Over near the bathrooms, just coming out of the little room there next to them.
Paul
Tasty Human

End of Turn 1

Post by Paul »

Okay expect this post to get edited several times as I post more IC stuff this morning.

First the updated Ground floor map complete with updated battle effects. Notes on the map as follows:
  • The Spirits area of Effect: This is the relative direct line of sight for the City Spirit Cain summoned. It is currently exercising two its innate powers-Accident and Confusion.

It is vastly successful at both given the relatively low overall average will power and intelligence ratings of your opponents. Everyone in the radius of these powers is affected in some way. Some have died, many more have taken moderate to serious wounds due to injuries inccured from random accidents. A number are wandering aimlessly away on foot and bike. (Not always successfully since they're confused too which means sometimes they drive and walk into things and each other.)

Obviously this spirit levels the playing field quite a bit. Good luck keeping it alive! :)
  • Deke's Shotgun Spread: This illustrates the people hit by Deke's shotgun blasts in his post. In game terms one died (the one directly in front of Deke), 2 took serious physical damage, 4 took moderate physical damage, and 3 took light physical damage fromt he shotgun spread. This is primarily due to their general lack of real body armor. Most of these guys have riding leathers, which are designed with impact in mind. Not guns.
  • Stunball: Cain's stunball attack. Octane took Moderate damage, 2 others took serious damage, and three others took moderate damage. (All mental)
  • Ares SMG Spray: Ares hit three of the same people Cain did, they took another moderate wound, this time physical.. He killed two, and four others took moderate wounds.
  • Tiger is the purple circle on this map.
This post will get some more edits since I have a couple pages of IC stuff to post now.

[Edits]

Chopper in your post reflect the following: Them opening the sheet metal covering,and you kicking ass and chewing bubblegum minus the bubblegum portions.

Scamp: You are being attacked by 5 gangers. You killed Octane. Melee time!

Toyman: Hi.

Ladies: How you doin'? Its almost time to turn our spot light on you. (I believe in highlighting every character at leats once a game.)

Okay questions comments?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Awesome, Paul!
Chopper
Tasty Human

Post by Chopper »

so are we still waitiung on posts? Or are we rolling initiative again?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

We are in the nebulous area of not initiative and sort of the tail end of a combat round. Make posts as appropriate but pace them.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Roger. 5 injured gangers. Are they human, ork, troll? Not that it really matters now that Combat Monster's kicked in, but it's nice to know who your next targets (victims) are going to be, you know?
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

My next action is pretty much going to be dictated on whether Toyman thinks he can cause one of the bikes out there to explode. If it's highly unlikely, he's going to make a couple quick-and-dirty fire-bombs. If there's a reasonable chance, he'll try to take those shots first. But first he needs to jack out, which I think consumes an entire combat round on its own.

PS. I need a grenade on the roof. Or more specifically, I need one just off the roof over the main entrance where the guys with the battering ram are. Unfortunately, I don't think mine will work too well for this, given their toy natures, straight drops just don't work for them.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.