OOC: Shots in the Dark

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

OOC: Shots in the Dark

Post by FlameBlade »

This is OOC thread. this will run concurrently with the game.

Any character-building-related questions...please go to this thread

If there are any problems with my post...such as I'm not being clear in some particular areas, or any strange reasons that may popup, let me know, and we will resolve any issues quickly. We're here to tell a story. We're here to have fun. :)
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

By the way, those who already have background approved is allowed to post in the IC thread.

Just for your information.
Welby Thorngage
Tasty Human

Post by Welby Thorngage »

Am I approved to post?
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Yep. Approved to post.
Welby Thorngage
Tasty Human

Post by Welby Thorngage »

Splendid!
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

By the way...once you get backgrounds, and determined where you may be during the carnival. There are many different places where you were at the carnival. You could be watching Welby Thorngage's performance. You could be attempting to pursue Silent Fist just to see him. You could be a pub entailed in other thread, singing with people.

Location of where you were at the attack is important, and may help me set you into the game.

-Flame
Toyman
Tasty Human

Post by Toyman »

Hopefully that should be enough to help you place me. ;)

I made a lot of minor magical items there. Spells used so far: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Silent Image, Create Water (and I'll cry if I can't have my water-globe launcher :cry ). The idea is that the alchemical charge ignites as per a normal gunshot, but instead of propelling a bullet it charges a spell, which is then propelled out of the gun. If any of this is no good, lemme know and I'll edit my post.

Flame: I promise I'll get you an updated character sheet with widgets and feats and the full list of skills (I get extra skill points! Yay!). At some point I'll need costs for assembling all my minor random items and widgets, but that shouldn't be a huge issue immediately since I'm "sold out" of most of them.

Sidenote: I finished reading the old S&S Sheboygan thread on EZ-Boards, as you may've noticed. I would guess that Toyman is fairly well settled, at least a year, possibly more, so he'd likely know at least most of the other shopkeepers, and most parents, at least, would recognize him and certainly the children.

Second Sidenote: I just realized I wholly neglected to describe him physically in that post. I'm not going to add it now because it would feel tacked on, but I'll be sure to include it in the next post or two.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Very well-done, Toyman. Even if you haven't described your character's appearence, this post helps give me and everyone else some kind of idea who your character is.

Very well-done.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I'm going to hold off a little bit till I see if I can get anything from Salvation and Threadbare.

And I'll make a GM post tomorrow! Wheeeeeee!

:)

By the way, excellent job on first posts, everyone.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

I sent you something, email-wise. Am I good to go in the story?
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Yes. I thought I replied to your e-mail.

Your character is approved to go.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Going to put up a post shortly.

Everyone: turn off sig. It makes reading posts somehow easier and more flowing. I try to do that too. If I fail to turn off sig, let me know. It's easy to edit out sig. Just go to edit post, click on attach sig.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Dammit, I keep forgetting to change my damned account when I'm posting.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

So do I. So it's just fine.
Toyman
Tasty Human

Post by Toyman »

Sense Motive (to arrive at why Tevual was dismissing them), Diplomacy and Ghost Sound, with a touch of Perform on the side.

And a failed Will Save to keep in his anger at every person who'd ever dismissed him because of his size or appearance or bullied him or the other children around... ;)
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

It should be noted (though if the game progresses past it I won't mind) that Toyman could still, in theory, be called back should Tevual change his mind. Or not, whatever. I just wanted to make it clear that he'd "started walking" not "walked to location X" or otherwise gotten anywhere. ;) Just throwing that in there since it is no longer entirely clear after the subsequent post.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Everyone:

I may be not clear on few things...

particularly on surroundings/scenery...

So...if you feel like you're limited by what is being presented, let me know. If you feel confused. Let me know. I'm trying my best to keep everything clear so you have many choices available to you.

Work with me, and I'll work with you. If there is no objections, I'll assume that everyone's happy. If there's objections, we can work together to resolve any issues. Also, any feedbacks...constructive/destructive/apathetic is appreciated, so I can improve my quality of DMing this game.

And also, if you desire to roll for something, such as "sense motive" "search" "spot", then make requests here in this thread, because sometimes, I may miss something in the thread...sometimes, my head gets ahead of myself, and miss minor details.

And Anguirel? Look for PM shortly.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Also, I'm planning to post tomorrow night at earliest, once I'm finished with damnable Linear Algebra test...and after I collect my head together. I'm liking what I'm seeing here.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I am a horrible horrible person.

Will have me shit together by tomorrow night. My apologies.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

No problem. You should be able to fit in...but you won't be witnessing anything that happened prior to your entrance.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Post will be forthcoming. I've been distracted. Short form: Toyman didn't get too far, heard Tevual, nearly continued anyways, saw the thing and will answer the question.

I've re-read the GM post a few times and I'm going to need to talk to you, Flame, before I finish writing up my post. Catch me on IRC if you've got the time, else I'll send a PM and E-mail tonight sometime.
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

I really, really hate to do this.

I have about four weeks of school left. My grades at this point are less then stellar, and I'd really like my parents to keep paying for college next semester and afterwards, and that has to be my priority right now. For the next month, I'm going to be unable to post here in a timely fashion, and it wouldn't be fair for me to hold the game up.

The character's still done, and I'll still send you the stuff, Flame, if you're interested. If you can get me in later, that's great; if not, then I understand, and I appreciate the effort you've already put forth to keep me in here.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I understand.

My expectations are:

posts every 2-3 days when in the game except on vacations, or in-advance notice.

If you feel like you cannot keep such commitment, then you should drop out. I'm just putting the decision in your hands. If you feel like the game is too much, then so be it. If you feel like you want to be in the game, then so be it.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

Okay, I won't be back til tuesday. Lettin' you guys know in advance.
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

ok. I'll make a GM post tomorrow.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I must apologize for delay. Blizzard conditions here for a bit, kept me away from my apartment for a night. Post will be up shortly.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

Oran has only actually ever heard one song by iron maiden, but album covers, or more commonly tapesties/flags/paintings based on them, still are floating around. In Milwaukee they had a mural with the Dark Side of the Moon cover on it.
_

--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Thanks for checking in and a post, Threadbare :)

General announcement: I would like for everyone (if possible) to get a post in edgewise before I leave this Saturday, that way, I can make a GM post before I leave, that way, the pace won't slow down too much while I'm gone for a week.

Then in December...hopefully, we will be able to start up and pick up pace as we go.
Crimson
Tasty Human

Post by Crimson »

yes, Crimson does not have the purest of reasons for doing a lot of this. :)

Hopefully Flame, once you answer a few things, in that week the group as a whole can get to know each other just a bit.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

And thus, I'm off for Thanksgiving. It's up to you whether you want to post or not for a week (week break from this. :))

But I shall be back on December 1st, and probably won't post again until December 2nd.

I will be out of contact...ie, no connection to 'net.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

And of course, Sludig, next few posts, I'm planning that you will have a run of the mill in terms of character development, etc, so your character will know other characters better..after all...you have almost all the time in the world now. Lemme adjust IC post...to reflect that.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Everyone can mill around at their will. The places I listed may have special value or not. I'm just setting a tone of the city, so you can know what is the mood of city at the moment. There's plenty for you guys to do now :)
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Sorry, I've been totally out of it since Thanksgiving. I'll get something up soon, I swear.
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Me too. Busy. Also, lost internet at home. I'm going to post from school or whatever.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

FUCK! I wanted to keep this game going, but lack of internet at home is killing me here...I"m mucho sorry, everyone...Let me know if you want the game going or not...
Sludig
Tasty Human

Post by Sludig »

Yes I do, no worries Flame, though Ang, and co posting too would be nice. :)
_*I may be crazy but I'm not insane*
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

And thus, I was afflicted with illness...will try to get something up within few days...

upper respiratory infection. go figure.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

yeah, and i was down with flu and lack of internet connection from my computer...

now...

I am back in action. Hella yea!

PM will be headed toward you guys within few days...whenever I'm feeling fine, not so weak like now.