OOC: Pirates of Carribean

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

OOC: Pirates of Carribean

Post by FlameBlade »

Just felt like wanting a new OOC thread here. I mean, an OOC thread that runs more or less concurrently with the game thread, thus making easier for us to look up what is being discussed prior to the game, or what is being discussed during the game.

anyway...About me. I made a post. So there. I might won't be able to make another post for few days..maybe up to a week, because there's an annoying problem with car batteries, and I need to replace car battery, so I'll be mostly behind the scenes.

So you guys know.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Totally cool, get to us when you can and I'll be moving Waterfingers along as I need.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Point of note here - The Marlin like almost every boat in Steam and Sorcery is a co-ed venture. There are women aboard. Of course, with people like Juk, Kaho and Cap'm Jessup aboard, it does not do to try to take advantage of them.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

I thought about asking before I posted.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

But this isn't the old navy.

It is a privateer ship in the mid-21st century. The technology may be similar, but the world is different. (Witness the fairly gender-equal crew.)
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun!

Somehow, I get the feeling that Juk doesn't exactly like me :)

or should I say, :]
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

Bethyaga wrote:But this isn't the old navy.

It is a privateer ship in the mid-21st century. The technology may be similar, but the world is different. (Witness the fairly gender-equal crew.)
All I'm saying is, Kaho better stock some frickin' rum. Sorta takes the sting outta being flogged.
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

FlameBlade wrote:Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun!

Somehow, I get the feeling that Juk doesn't exactly like me :)

or should I say, :]
Fun is exactly damn right!

And you're right. Juk don't cotton much to all that touchy-feely crap. Waterfingers played it exactly right. I wanted to be really mean to him, but I couldn't.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

Is the term "sky pilot" still in use? that's a good one.
_

--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Caz: Letting you know: Paul's cleaning up transcript of IC convo between Kaho and Waterfingers...Paul will be posting it shortly.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, "shortly" is a relative term, since I'm helping him, and it's now past my bedtime. Morning will come.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

okies, then :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay my next post with some editorial help from 3278 should be up soonish. (Nudge)

[Edit] Hit the submit button halfway through this, anyways it is not concurrent with any posts out there, so the rest of you can go straight to Hullabaloos or whatever. The post will fit in anywhere.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

We rule. Yay. :)
Maazmud Juk
Tasty Human

Post by Maazmud Juk »

Dinner has just ended. Barring anything else happening, Juk will tour the decks and then retire for the evening.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Big Jim - I need you to post this week.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Eep! Err...roger that.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Flame - in all honesty you know Starke's men better than Kaho. And you know them to be a heap of scoundrels and blighters. They engage in piracy on a regular basis. Their Bugbear first mate rules over the crew with an iron fist.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Ah gotcha. Just needed to learn more and more about the settings. Just that Waterfingers misinterpreted what Kaho is thinking at the moment. Waterfingers had read Kaho's feelings as something that Kaho may have experienced before.

By the way...what is the sign of Jessup's crew? Any particular color? I may have missed it somewhere.

And also, Caz, if possible, PM me some information that Waterfingers may know about Starke's men, so I can prepare my next post better.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Jessup doesn't much believe in badges, aside from good maintenance. To pull something out of my backside, lets say that every man wears a leaping marlin in silver somewhere on him. Many have an earring crafted like that.

And I will get you what you do know about Starke.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Danke.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I like the idea of the crew independently chosing a "badge", like the earing or some sort of silver marlin embroidery. That's the sort of thing people do in hero worship, and I picture jessup as larger than life to most of the crew, so I imagine there's got to be a little hero worship in there...:D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

By the by, my rig for my breach loaders is pictured in my mind as a simpler slower version of what Antonio banderas had in Desperdao. Not particularly useful in anyway, I just want to look cool. I hope it won't cause any problems.

also what should we do here Caz? Do you want us to tail these guys, or do you want to handle it? I fwe are going to tail them, i just need some guidlines to go off of before I post.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Same here. In other words, did Waterfingers expect them to be there, or the appearence of Starke's men is totally unexpected? Or it's basically the rule of sea to expect the unexpected? (Caz, thanks for short PM on who they are, by the way.)

(Somehow, I feel like we should go to Hullabaloo to warn Jessup, but I just need some more knowledge of what is within seas before actually going to warn Jessup.)
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Check your PM, Caz.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Serious Paul wrote:By the by, my rig for my breach loaders is pictured in my mind as a simpler slower version of what Antonio banderas had in Desperdao. Not particularly useful in anyway, I just want to look cool. I hope it won't cause any problems.

also what should we do here Caz? Do you want us to tail these guys, or do you want to handle it? I fwe are going to tail them, i just need some guidlines to go off of before I post.
You seem to have about three major options - one - tail, two - intercept, three - report to the Marlin, four - get to Hullaballo's first. It's really up to you what you want to do.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Oh I think Flame would agree we plan on tailing them, and both our posts are geared towards it, I just don't want to overstep my bounds, especially since I have no idea where they are going. Flame and I will tail them as best we can-its my intention to gather information only, no fight if we can avoid it.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I agree, Paul. Tail them and gather much information as possible, then report to Jessup at Hullabaloo...if possible.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Totally cool.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Damn Diablo II!

Post by Cazmonster »

Due to your game master's lack of self control, there have been few posts. I will post tomorrow, move things along. Everybody will get some attention.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Paul and I have been talking.

We have come to one thing:

We feel like we are left hanging in certain places...as if we know what is going on, but we don't know what had happened in our experiences as sailors under Cap'n Jessup that would help us understand what we need to do to help Cap'n Jessup. In other words, we know what is happening, but have no idea what we want to do.

Is there any guidelines that we can use? There is any rules that we know? What is the history behind Marlin? How much do each character know about the history of Marlin? I mean, I have been with Marlin for good amount of years, and I should know what Cap'n Jessup likes and dislikes. We feel that lack of knowledge is what is preventing us from posting effectively.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I think you guys are reading too much into the game.

Jessup's Neutral Good, largely respects the major laws of the good and neutral authorities, believes in fair fights and even pay. In the event that you'd come across crew from a ship Jessup has a beef with, he'd most likely tell you to keep your noses clean, but be sure to beat them a solid tattoo if they crossed you.

Jessup treats the crew fairly, and has a good eye for detail. He's not likely to leave things hanging if they're important. Thus, he told you that Starke's ship was in the harbor before. He's packing a weapon, but not his full kit of weapons and armor, and did not leave with a guard, so he most likely is not expecting a serious brawl while in harbor.

What else do you need?
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Ok, that will help a lot :)

Expect a Waterfingers post tonight :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

[Edit my assness for something useful]

Okay we are following them, I assume pretty poorly overall, no where near what a real thief would do...or is Waterfingers one of the dual classed...Man this is so much easier in person to keep track of! Heh.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Isen will go off tomorrow at the latest, there's a post planned just so you don't think I'm just leaving you hanging or anything, hopefully will get to it tonight
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Spell-slinger comes lookin' for work? Do I have any idea what the cap'n might be up to? Prolly won't change me being a shit to the guy til the cap'n gets back, but it'd be nice to know. I don't want to completely scare him off if this is something important.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Bethyaga wrote:Spell-slinger comes lookin' for work? Do I have any idea what the cap'n might be up to? Prolly won't change me being a shit to the guy til the cap'n gets back, but it'd be nice to know. I don't want to completely scare him off if this is something important.
Mostly, I had to think of something for you to do, Mister Stick in the Mud. With Eli not in the game, you do need a capable arcane caster. Viola, two problems messily slaughtered.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post!

Post by Cazmonster »

Okay folks, everybody should have a post to them. I want to get this game on the move, so I need a post from everyone by the end of this weekend.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Paul gets a large ball bat with a sharp spike nailed through it.

Is it Monday yet?
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I just got in from Michigan, and won't get a post up till tomorrow. 3 hours at the customs (drove through Canada from MI to NY.) Stupid fuckers trying to kiss customs' ass...
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I've been thinking about something with this game - mostly that PB3 is killing me. I find I really don't like how slow it is, and how much effort every post makes.

I want to move this game to IRC. It will probably take four or five sessions to play through the entirety.

Let me know what you think.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

I'm happy to consider it. However, it depends on how often and how long the sessions. As you've seen from my own IRC stuff, they are few and far between and I tend to have to plan them out well in advance.

But yeah--the speed of PB3 on this one... especially when you're wanting to test your world and mechanics in play... is a tough one.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

IRC is cool, but yeah, needs scheduling and unless its on a Saturday, sessions for me are gonna have to be short, like 2 or 3 hours, since I don't get home til 7 or 8 on weekdays, have a game on Friday nights and am gone on Sundays to game in person.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Short is fine - Saturdays would be fine - I just don't want to spend precious brain cycles on novelizing descriptions when I can improvise the stuff in game better.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Short sessions is fine. Just give me a great advance notice. For next 13 weeks, I'm most available on Wednesday and Saturday, but for Saturday? Give me long time advance notice.

did I mention that it has to be short? 2-3 hours is good.

-Flame
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

It looks like Wednesday has been added to the table - that would work for me very well. There is no reason to not run for 2 hours (2:15 with some admin stuff around the periphery). I can make that work.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

I think IRC would work much better for me as well. Wednesday evenings work fine for me if that's what we decide.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I pretty much have no real way to play IRC. I just have too many responsibilities to think about it. I get to post on my days off, when my wife and kids are asleep. Sometimes whent hey are gone for the day, but I would be hard pressed to give you a regular schedule for any irc game. Sorry.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Well, crud. I will do some thinking on this and get a solution.