S&S: Sheboygan: Shots in the Dark

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

how much would a guitar enchanted with Hendrix's Wail of the Universe or (whatever mojo necessary for electric guitar would be) cost?
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

TheScamp wrote:Hey Flame, is it all right I consider Marzipan to be under an Animal Friendship spell? I mean, I have the Animal Handling skill required to get him to accept a rider, but it's just cooler if he's actually a friend, you know?
I remember old times, so...in a way, it's already developed there.

So I grant you that.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

So...

How's everyone coming along?
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

I'll be fairly busy this week into the weekend, but things should let up the next. I'll try to make my character then.
_

If I wasn't so busy commanding more than one ship without holding flag rank, I would come down there to New London Towne and show a few people a thing or two about OFFICERship."
--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Kind of the same as Bob. Welby's mostly done, I'm just putting the finishing touches on him.

Question; when you buy magic dusts (like, for example, Dust of Tracelessness), is the price per pinch/application, or are you buying a small bag with like a few tablespoons of dust in it?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

TheScamp wrote:Kind of the same as Bob. Welby's mostly done, I'm just putting the finishing touches on him.

Question; when you buy magic dusts (like, for example, Dust of Tracelessness), is the price per pinch/application, or are you buying a small bag with like a few tablespoons of dust in it?
Weird - I just looked at the 3.5 SRD on these items that I would consider consumables and they're not at all clear about how many bangs you're buying with your buck.

In the Steam and Sorcery setting, I would make them work like potions (which in all honesty, they should be) and have them be one-shot items.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Doh. Well, I guess I'l l just have to wait till Ranger level 4, so I can make the crap on my own.
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

I've done very little besides extending and filling in my background, since I'm not entirely sure what the technomancer class looks like yet (hint, hint). I know it's based on Bard, but I'm not certain what spells I have available -- which would be important since I'm trying to work out what items my character might logically have worked on in the past and might still have presently. I'll finish up what I can and we can fill in remaining details after, I guess.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Caz's trying to get materials to me about technomancer...We will know soon enough, Anguirel :)
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Ok. Everything that I need to do at the moment is starting to come together. That is a good news.

So...For everyone:

Character sheet is due in three weeks. November 3rd. That's when I would like the game to start. If you have any background information pending to my approval, PM me. Once approved, you can post much of information as you wish to be revealed to other players. Also, I would like gearlist, personality, appearence of the character. Of course, the character sheet itself. Much easier if everything is done by Private Message. But if you feel like PM won't do, then e-mail me at earthblade42@hotmail.com

I'm almost ready to GM the game, by the way. Hence the three-week deadline. Of course, there will be a break during Thanksgiving, because I'll be in Northern part of MI (near Traverse City) for four days., and I won't be able to go on internet. So In other words, I won't be online for at least seven days...(worst case scenario.)

The reason why I would like to have character information? That way, I can see your character's background, and somehow incorporate them into the plot. Also, some how help everyone start out, keeping action fast as possible. This is your public announcement by FlameBait...wait...I meant...FlameBlade.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Majority of character information submitted.

Alphonso Jesus Veracruz is a gnomish technomancer. He generally goes by the nickname "Toyman" and, as you might guess, crafts toys for a living. He looks and acts like a child in many cases, often being mistaken for such as he plays with children. He has been known to give away his toys to orphans and other children in need of some cheer in their lives, and generally only really makes enough to maintain his lower merchant-class lifestyle.

When in a confrontational situation, Toyman will try to defuse it by talking. When that fails, he will often attempt to disarm his opponent using his whip. When forced into a combat situation, though, Toyman's first response is to flee, using his limited magic to confound and confuse his assailants, giving him time to escape. However, if there are others in danger (particularly children) he will stand and fight, but he won't play fair. Many of his "toys" double as concealed weapons. Once those in danger have reached a point of safety, he has no compunctions about running away himself, and does not fear taunts of cowardice. He knows that he is not built to handle combat and would rather run and gain time to think than stand and die.
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Finally got around to doing the necessary looking and I find that my original full notes on the technomancer class are gone. That means we get to rebuild it - tons of fun.

Here are the major points for the class.
d6 hit points per level
8 skill ranks per level
Poor base attack, like a wizard or sorcerer
Good Fortitude, Reflex and Will saves - like a Monk (this stems from their connection to pre-spellcoming Earth)
Simple weapon proficiency and proficient with firearms
Light and Medium armor proficiency and Technomancer spells do not suffer arcane spell failure.
Bonus Feats every 5 levels - Craft Technomagical Device, Skill Foci, Metamagic Feats
Skill Set - Technomancers have a wide selection of skills - list follows
Appraise, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Knowledge, Move Silently, Open Lock, Profession, Ride, Search, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope

The spell set will take a little while longer. Assume for now that they can use most Wiz/Soc spells through 3rd level.
Anguirel

Post by Anguirel »

Hooray! Ok, Flame, I'll be updating my character sheet. I don't expect a lot of changes, overall. I'll probably have a few prototype toy-weapons for you to look at as well. *goes to check the old threads for various goodies*

Caz: Is there a list of Technomancy Feats somewhere? I remember there being some discussion on whether it would use multiple feats (Craft Widget, Craft Communicator Crystals, Craft Alchemical Battery, etc...) and, if so, how small to make the subdivisions. I assume the first such bonus feat is awarded at first level (since a Technomancer wouldn't be much without the ability to make his widgets). Are any given free and directly (as a Wizard gets Scribe Scroll), or is it all by choice? Also, beyond just the spell list, is there a spells/day level progression already worked out?
complete. dirty. whore.
IRC Fun:
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Widgets don't really need to be made, aside from a craft roll. And Craft Technomagical Device will cover everything we've talked about (after all - they're really just Wondrous Items done differently).

I've got the progression and spells/day sitting on the Mac, give me until Sunday.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

General Announcement:

I'll be starting a new OOC thread and new IC thread within few days. Anything related to game creation is in this thread. OOC thread will be related directly with the game.

Anyone who haven't gotten a character in, please do so soon...preferably by November 3rd. Soon...things will start.

My expectations: Post once per two days, if possible. Post once per three days is fine with me, but I would like to get things moving much as I can. Sometimes, post may be simple action. That's ok, because it shows me that you're still here, but quite busy. Sometimes, post can be long-winded...that's ok. Because that means we are getting a lot of details about the world here.

And secondly...and perhaps the most important...Everyone...have fun! If you have any problems with me, or anything, take it up with me via PM, and I'll try my best to clarify anything, so everyone will have an enjoyable experience in the S&S world created by our own muppet, Cazmonster. Immerse yourselves in the world, learn new things to be learned in the world. Soon, I will open a new door to the grand world of Steam and Sorcery.
Threadbare
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Threadbare »

ummm, I think I'll have your sheet by this weekend. I have a pretty solid character concept, it's just applying it to this strange "dee-en-dee" system you use that I'm having trouble with. I'll just spew stuff out here, and maybe you can help me refine it?
_

--The Commodore

Keep the Funk Alive.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Just send me your character background and concept. As far as I am concerned, we're playing by D&D rules in Steam and Sorcery settings. Also, as far as I'm concerned, I really need only character background at the moment. Skills can come few days later.

And as I said before...if you have any trouble of any kind, ask me privately or publicly. I might sound a bit wishy-washy, but I'm still learning about S&S world as you all are, and it's not often that I'm a GM of any game.