OOC: Steam and Sorcery - Pirates of the Carribean

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Serious Paul
Devil

Finished??

Post by Serious Paul »

Well as I wait for Caz's replies to my PM's Kaho is looking pretty much finished. Now to start thinking of cullinary equipment and menus.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Sounding off here - as far as completed characters

First Mate Juk - Complete and Approved. You will be able to reach mizzen spars in an easy leap.

Ships Cook Kaho - Complete and Approved. Feel free to make up a list of supplies you'd need as you're coming in to port. You've been on a week-long run from Star Port, Texas, and have used up about a third of the consumables. Cap'n Jessup left strict orders to stock the larders.

Ships Lookout - I don't have the finalized character from Big Jim. Hop to, the Cubbies have got a day or two before their next game. GO CUBBIES!

Quartermaster - Can't says as I've seen a complete gear list from Wild. Basic concept is solid.

Ships Priest - Waterfingers is approved. I have to check my notes to see exactly what I've got from Flame.

Ships Mage - Eliahad's got a good excuse to be slackin', what with the orchestra to be competin' for, says I. I've yet to get a full sheet from him though.

M'plan is to get started this week. You all won't need your exact spell load out for some role-playing, believe me.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Aye! First Mate Juk is in a rare good mood, grinning from ear to orcish ear as he eagerly waits to set sail.

YAY!

And now with the official approval, we'll note the first mate's terribly unnerving habit of suddenly being there over a crewman's shoulder to oversee an important bit of work. One minute, you're all alone, securing the cannon ammo to the deck, and the next, Juk has suddenly dropped from the rigging and the presence of his bulk is watching your every knot. You only know you're doing a passable job when the next moment you look around and he's just gone without a word. He moves with uncanny speed, especially for such a large man, and it is not uncommon to see him suddenly spring upward to grab a crossbeam almost 20 feet up and swing himself up to perch on it and cast a watchful eye across the whole deck before moving on again.

Aaaahhh. This is the flavor I've been looking for: an absolute giant of a man who moves with the speed and grace of a cat and the sheer defiance of gravity of a monkey in the trees.

I am a happy Bethyaga.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Should get a nearly if not all complete sheet tonight Caz, assuming the cold medicience lays off the loopiness for a decent hour of coherant thought or so.
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Dammit. Don't pay attention to a forum for a few weeks, and look what you miss.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Scamp: you still can play in my game.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

And say hello to your bosun, Vere - a human ranger/rogue. I've talked with most of you already, but if there are questions let me know.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

And say hello to your bosun, Vere - a human ranger/rogue. I've talked with most of you already, but if there are questions let me know.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

geeeeeeeeeet in the meeting room :)
Big Jim
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Big Jim »

Caz, what languages are commonly spoken around the Carribean? I'm guessing English and Spanish, but what else?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Common (yeah, Martayak had Common), English, and Spanish are the most heavily spoken languages. Common and English are quickly mashing into the same language as both borrow extensively.

Portugese (There's a decent Brazilian Influence), Elvish and Crocspeak (Pidgen Draconic) are lesser, but important languages.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Where we are now? Are we moving along or...?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Looks like things are a little slow. I'll be responding to Waterfingers here in a few minutes and then begin fast forwarding about an hour to Hullaballoo's.

[Edit and Addendum]

Is there anything anyone needs from Jessup or me as the GM?