OOC: The Good - Chapter II - Of Painters and Priests

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

OOC: The Good - Chapter II - Of Painters and Priests

Post by Eliahad »

Just getting things ready for tomorrow :)
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Eliahad

Gods and Goddesses

Post by Eliahad »

Fate Luck, Knowledge (True Neutral) - Parsamea doesn't play favorites, or rather, she does not go out of her way to play favorites. She is the keeper of the Tapestry of Life and it is she who measures the threads that go into it. She is also responsible for cutting threads that have lived too long.

The followers of Parsamea preach that everyone has had a predetermined destiny and that everything that's happened has been predetermined. Their holy symbol is a small piece of cloth worn around the neck, symbolizing their thread.

Time Sun, Law (Lawful Neutral) - Cyloran the keeper of the time. He always carries and hourglass at his side, and it is said that the clock is the source of his power. Wrest it away from him and gain his position…and everything that goes with it.

The rare follower of Cyloran worships the cycles that He has created. They celebrate the seasons and other indicators of the passage of time. Their holy symbol is a small hourglass.

Elves Chaos, Good, Protection (Chaotic Good) - Llyrianna, the goddess of the Elves, is perhaps the most extroverted of the Pantheon. She has visited with her people on many occasions and has discussed the future of the world with them on one of the numerous festivals in her honor. She is a benevolent goddess and she has brought great prosperity to her people. However, her kindness is marred by the occasional joke that has sometimes spurred great conflicts among people.

Dwarves Strength, Earth, Law (Lawful Good) - Baladon ThunderHammer, God of Dwarves, named so for the huge warhammer that has never left his side. He believes in the fittest ruler ruling, and looks favorably on those that lead through honorable means. He is fairly proper, and slow to act and to anger. But beware to those who move his hand, for his wrath is something to be avoided.

Gnomes Knowledge, Trickery, Earth (Chaotic Neutral) - Gandar Glowingtome is so named for his intense interest in all things written. He takes great interest in the debates of scholars, and it is said where there is heated, intelligent discussion, he's is never very far away. He is not simply interested in learning however, his Gnomish spirit sometimes gets the better of him, much to the dismay of Kortoul and Thunderhammer, who often bear the brunt of his tricks.

Halflings Protection, Travel, Healing (Chaotic Good) - Elysia is the Goddess of the nomadic Halflings, and is also named the Wandering Goddess. She takes great pride in the mobility of her people, and watches them all with great interest, keeping them from harm. They say where ere a halfling walks, Elysia is two steps behind.

Orcs Destruction, War, Strength (Chaotic Evil) - Kortoul is the God of the Orcs and is working to have his people win the whole of the planet. He loves nothing more than to torture those foolish enough to cross him, and many an Orc has fallen to his own blade. His last great conquest was a few centuries ago, and it succeeded in bringing his people out from the deepest caverns of Evernight, and closer to the surface tunnels of the Windfall Mountains. Since then, however, the Orcs had been supposedly resting. Until today…

Skill, Games and Trickery Trickery, Luck (Neutral Good) - The God of Games is Erinell. She emphasizes skill and sport above all other things and is said to be watching wherever children play. Her trickery comes in the deal. While she does not lie outright, she is a master of negotiation and has a way of twisting words to her will. She has only been beaten in a single game, though with a pricey outcome…

Knowledge/Magic Knowledge, Magic (chaotic neutral) - Akthashar - Often known simply as The Wise, he seeks the truths of the Universe, the truths that even the Gods themselves aren't aware of. He is a master of all current sciences and magical laws, and he is in his lab constantly in his workroom concocting new energies to unleash upon the world. It was he who found a loophole in the contract of Akalair the Demon King and helped the Gods find subtle ways to influence his power.

Nature Protection, Plants, Healing (Neutral Good) - Tarrendai is the Great Mother and is responsible for almost all of the cycles of the world. She is also the master of man's heart and any who see her in whatever form are instantly smitten. Her followers believe that ones own nature defines the course they are to follow in their life, and that the nature should be nurtured to fruition.

Hate War, Destruction, Chaos (Chaotic Evil) - Arktos The God of Hate, Arktos is not the only God of destruction and death, but by far the most noticeable of them. He never wishes to rule, merely subvert the will of all the other gods, allying with whomever he most despises at the moment. He loves torture and is known to pluck influential followers from other flocks simply so that he might listen to their screams…

Health Good, Healing (Neutral Good) - Salvara is also called The Cleric. Which, though an oxymoron, has a grain of truth. Saint Salvara was so caught up in the work of aiding the poor and sick, tending to the lame, and healing whoever requested his help, that he failed to notice he had died. He continued on his work as a ghost, appearing wherever he felt most needed. He achieved God status when believers began healing the sick in his name, and so his following began and his Godhood revealed.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

The Five Flagons - The five flagons is a small establishment on the eastern outskirts of Abrigann run by Bedley Spearton, a young gnome who doesn't quite understand the cliché of his inn and tavern. He keeps the five rent-able rooms exceptionally clean and in the same good quality they've been in since he first opened. The common room is adequate to fit three or four long tables and a bar. Bedley himself tends the bar, while he lets Roscoe a behemoth of a man mind the troublemakers. The tavern is well attended, especially on nights that Glorianna Westingsong, a local favorite, is there, singing for the coins and attentions of the populace. Two large murals decorate the walls, one depicting a large number of humans in the midst of a drunken feast, the other something much darker. In the midst of a sunny day and a cloudless sky, the mural depicts a large clawed hand tearing the sky in two. A rent and hand that, when the fire has just burned low enough cast a sinister glow across the room. Bedley only knows that it is an ancient legend, but the tale has long since been forgotten. He would paint it over but, so he says, it humbles the troublemakers and that is more than a fair price.

It has been most recently converted to a barracks and infirmary to care for the wounded that were on the front line of attack, and priests of The Cleric are also taking residence here, doing their best with the sudden call to duty.

The Temple of Erinell - This temple, one of the four large temples in the city of Abrigann, is located in the north part of the city. It is easy to recognize, large columns rising above the smaller local buildings. The greyish-silver building is amazingly long, though understandable when taking in account the large arena that makes up the foyer. The temple itself is small, but the contests held here or not. Once a year the entire city gathers for a festival involving the playing of great games. Teams are created and games of skill are played under the sun and the torches at night. When not in use for prayer or game, the arena becomes both a park and a market, so that even the Merchants may ply their games of negotiation under the watchful eye of the Goddess of Skill.

The Dragon's Breath Tavern is most noticeable for the young green dragon head that is sitting above the entrance, casting a watchful eye to the populace. The building itself is a three-story affair, also home to Jandor's Inn above the tavern's common room. The construction is curious, a long fire pit runs down the length of the building even though there are three stories built above. Patrons are confused as to where exactly the smoke rises to, for when one looks out the ceiling, there is often sky seen above. The second floor has been deliberately built so that inn-users know they are walking above the burning coals. In fact, there is a running wager that whomever can determine where the smoke goes will inherit the Tavern and a large sum of gold pieces.

Balafur's Armor and Weapons is located in the southern portion of the city. The proprietor is a once adventurer turned blacksmith who has a number of goods both mundane and exotic. His craftsmanship is masterful, though he occasionally keeps a supply of lesser quality for those with tighter pouch strings. Balafur keeps a small display of goods from his adventuring days that he has dubbed 'the collection.' In fact he is known as quite the artificer and is able to appraise all sorts of goods, and perhaps tell a story or two about anything in particular. If you need to know what it is or where to get it, talk to Balafur. And if he doesn't know, talk to…

Farkas Frakas Jansenn Antiques and Turnips (and other oddities of ancient realms) - The only known member of the Jansenn clan of gnomes to inhabit Abrigann, Farkas Frakas has made a name for himself by being knowledgeable in all things mechanical, and creator of quite a few fabrications as well. No one is quite sure where he came from and even less are sure where he's going. His shop is a curiosity more than an actual store as his prices are often on the order of astronomical and his turnips are rarely picked. But an odd story he will always tell and for some reason you always get more turnips than you asked for…

The Temple of Fate - The Temple dedicated to Parsemea is a simple affair in the southern section of Abrigann, and not nearly as ostentatious as the temples of Erinell and Cyloran. The most incredible thing is the single tapestry that hangs behind the altar, stretching the thirty feet from wall to wall and forty from floor to ceiling. It is expertly woven and depicts a beautiful woman weaving on a loom, all around her are depicted different aspects of life. In one corner is a summer scene of a couple holding hands and looking longingly at each other. In another corner, connected to the first picture by thin silver strand, is a fall scene the two lovers no longer holding hands and in fact looking at others in a crowd of people. Another corner is a winter scene, the lovers are gone, now part of the crowd. From this corner multiple strands of threads weave in and out of each other in a seemingly chaotic fashion. They finally come to rest in the fourth corner, a return to spring and two young children playing together around an oak tree. Below everything is a caption stating, 'Through all things is Fate."
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm prepped for my painting and about ready to post. Sorry for the delay. :(
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Don't worry about it, 32, you're doing just fine :)
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Sarn and Marvis, if you don't object to waiting for a little while, I need to get some time caught up among sides, you're a bit further ahead than our bar room brawl and I'll try and get things resolved as quickly as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm going to be hitting the fastforward (on the brawl) soon.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

s'all good to me!
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Nightshadow
Bulldrekker

Post by Nightshadow »

Works for me. If you end up waiting on me at some point then just have Wildfire remind me to post :)
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Sure thing, thanks guys, it /should/ be worth the wait... :evil :lol :evil :lol :evil
Cash
Needs Friends

Post by Cash »

Tik will use his Rage ability. (To shrug off the pain, get a Con bonus, blah, blah, blah.)
<font color=#5c7898>A high I.Q. is like a jeep. You'll still get stuck; you'll just be farther from help when you do.
</font>
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Oh like it matters ;)
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

For some reason, I'm laughing very hard at the scenery right now.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I owe everyone a huge apology, I think I started something that (at the current time) I will never be able to finish, as is, my posting has slowed to non-exsistent and nothing going in any sort of direction. Real life has pulled me away from keeping this thing going and I have tons to finish there. I want to do this thing, but by the time I get home to write the posts there's nothing left and the prose I create is nothing I want to show the world. I'm sorry to have led things on, but I'm going to have to take a break for awhile until I figure out where I'm going to end up and how I'm going to get there, and once I do, I'll start this little corner of the world again and I can make it work.

Sorry, everybody and thanks.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

No problem, we'll be here when you're ready :)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Don't sweat it Eli, it's been a fun ride.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
DMDarcs
Tasty Human

Post by DMDarcs »

I'm stealing your gods.
Nightshadow
Bulldrekker

Post by Nightshadow »

My character isn't going anywhere. Just give a shout when you want to start again.