[In Nomine] Father, Into Your Hands I Commend My Spirit OOC

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

[In Nomine] Father, Into Your Hands I Commend My Spirit OOC

Post by DV8 »

I know this is a long shot, but I'm gauging interest here; I would like to start PB3 In Nomine game.

Prerequisites:
I'd like to have 2 - 5 players, preferably 4, who are at least somewhat familiar with the background, and system. The former makes it a bit easier to work on the imagination and the latter because I, myself, aren't well-versed in the system as prescribed by Steve Jackson Games. With the system, I mean the original system, not the GURPS conversion.

Of course, these things aren't strictly necessary, but they are desirable.

The Game:
It'll be an aengelic, mid-powered, short campaign, with possible extensions, based in a large city. [Boston, Philadelphia, L.A., New York, etc.] The post-frequency is set on once a week, but as everyone knows, it'll probably be less than that.

Know that I have no prior In Nomine experience, and that I have a tendency to be very creative with canon information. System is secundairy to story development, and when creating a character I'm more interested in possible plot-hooks than what gear the character owns.

Anyone interested?
Kwyndig
Grand Marshall of the Imperium
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

*Is interested...*
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

I'm up for a little In Nomine :) Played a bit, have the main book and am willing to help out, though since you said you haven't much experience, I promise not to inflict my Mercurian of Janus on you :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Hellfire in the crotch?

Cazmonster sneaks back to the discussion about Demon: the Fallen.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

I'm interested, but I'm only passingly familiar with the setting and am completely ignorant of the system.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Well, that makes two of us, Sal. The system is not going to be a big influence on the game, though. Hell, it's not even going to be a little one. I'd like to wait for the arrival of my copy of "A Dictionary of Angels" by Gustav Davidson that Scamp is arranging for me, after that I'll have _all_ the flavour material I need to get this show on the road, and be damned with the specifics of the system, we'll either figure something out or ignore certain aspects of the system.

So a recount: We have a Kwyndig, a Wildfire, and a Salvation right now?
Kwyndig
Location: The Orbiting Volcano Lair, high above the surface of Bulldrek

Post by Kwyndig »

Yep, I suppose that means I should start looking at character concepts, yes?
kwyndig@yahoo.com This sig for rent, reasonable rates
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Correct, Deev. Are you still using the system to the extent of Choirs and Superiors, or do you have restrictions you want to enforce?
_
"Are you alright?"
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Kwyndig wrote:Yep, I suppose that means I should start looking at character concepts, yes?
That'd be swell.
Wildfire wrote:Correct, Deev. Are you still using the system to the extent of Choirs and Superiors, or do you have restrictions you want to enforce?
No, not really, Wild. But that's more because I don't know what will or won't work. So just give it your best shot, don't be a dick about it and see what kind of interesting concept you can come up with. :)
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Okay, will do :) Should have a basic idea up in a few days :)
_
"Are you alright?"
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

Uhm... I want to be an angel.

Who wants to volunteer to walk the new guy through chargen and give a crash-course in the game mechanics while they're at it?
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Catch me in channel sometime Sal, I'll give you the quick rundown
_
"Are you alright?"
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Salvation122 wrote:Who wants to volunteer to walk the new guy through chargen and give a crash-course in the game mechanics while they're at it?
If you give me a bit of time, I'll type up a document pertaining to the most relevant bits of the character creation process / game mechanics. Perhaps I can even find a PDF somewhere.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

I'm in. I'll get a char concept/background/ect done in the next few days.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

A Kwyndig, a Wildfire, a Salvation and a Moonwolf. Check.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

For those with books sake, I think I'm going with a outcast Malakim of Yves, sounds like fun :)
_
"Are you alright?"
Salvation122

Post by Salvation122 »

Deev: the email listed in my proflie is no longer in use. Hit me at salvation122@mail.com.
Moonwolf
Wuffle Master

Post by Moonwolf »

I'm thinking of playing a Gabrilite, not sure which choir yet though.
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

I'd like to get in on this if there's still room. Unfortunately I know nothing beyond the basic concept of In Nomine - so if there's a more informed person/s who'd be an asset to the game, take them first.

Patience.

Edit: some name resources I found

http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/articl ... names.html

http://www.catholic.org/saints/
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

There hasn't been that much response to this game, so there's room if you want to be in. If you choose to be in, I'll declare the call for players to be closed.

Do keep in mind that most likely you'll have to do the most research yourself, but as I said, I don't care too much about the system, so if you can get me a well-founded character concept, and some basic stats, I'll be happy enough.
Patience
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Patience »

DV8 wrote:There hasn't been that much response to this game, so there's room if you want to be in. If you choose to be in, I'll declare the call for players to be closed.
Yessir. I'm in.

If anyone wants to post how one generates stats, please do. I'm kind of lost on that specific part.

Patience.
_
<b>Thorn said:</b> Patience really does rock!!
<b>CykoSpin said:</b> Every time I see Patience (that is, a post by Patience), I think of the Iron Maiden song "Can I Play With Madness". I don't really know why, though; for whatever reason, I just do.
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

Status update

I'm currently in New York City, and I'll be back around january 10th. January 13th, I'll start a new job, and once I sort of fall into that rhythm, I'll make sure to get some character generation write-ups going.

Until that time, I suggest you read up if you can.
<iframe align="left" height="45" frameborder="0" name="deevsig" src="http://www.wiredreflexes.com/sig/wrx/wrx.html" width="100%"></iframe>
Dennis
Bulldrekker

Post by Dennis »

Status update

I think it would be wise to postpone this game until I can free up some time - which doesn't seem to be happening any time soon. Sorry to leave you guys hanging, but I hope to pick it up when the timing is better. Thanks for your interest, though. It's much appreciated.
<iframe align="left" height="45" frameborder="0" name="deevsig" src="http://www.wiredreflexes.com/sig/wrx/wrx.html" width="100%"></iframe>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Okay, no problem, I would think most of us will still be interested later :)
_
"Are you alright?"