OOC: Shadowrun: Thirty Days of Night.

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I will try and write better posts. I will try and write better posts. I will try and write better posts. I will try and write better posts.

Honestly.

I will try and write better posts. I will try and write better posts. I will try and write better posts. I will try and write better posts.

You can always get it right next time, next time.
*rest* You can always get it right next time, next time.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Paul, how does maximum movement rate work? This is the kind of thing we usually do on the fly with maps, so it's something my "GM's monkey" role doesn't require me to know. :) But how fast can I run, and how far away is the caster?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Its Qckx3 for humans, plus or minus any movement modifiers. You are all on pretty much even terrain-so no one should be suffering any terrain or weather penalties.

When we get a chance I will get the scanner up here, and maybe you could help me install it so we could start putting maps up (Which you will have to show me how to do...)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay. How about I PM you my rolls, then you can PM me the result, and I can make the post? Sound good?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Done.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Also done.

Bethyaga you and Eliahad are okay, the Game masters official ruling is the Caddie has tinted windows, so niether of you are visible. Therefore Bly, Ms. Johnson and the pawns are the only ones visible for the area effect spell.

As of right now:
  • Two are dead from Inuk, both from the BMW
  • Three of the seven are wounded by Bly and unconscious, from the SUV
  • One is dead from Simon Blackfoots shotgun blast
  • One is wounded from Derrick, leaving 2 unwounded from the SUV: The troll and one human who is now scared shitless.
  • The two from the bike are unwounded, and so are their SMG's....
Clear enough?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Paul, I'm still waiting for a reply from my second PM.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Serious Paul wrote:
Clear enough?
Yeah, it's clear that we're going to be hurting soon. Damn GM dots.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Serious Paul wrote:As of right now:
  • Two are dead from Inuk, both from the BMW
  • Three of the seven are wounded by Bly and unconscious, from the SUV
  • One is dead from Simon Blackfoots shotgun blast
  • One is wounded from Derrick, leaving 2 unwounded from the SUV: The troll and one human who is now scared shitless.
Clear enough?
Okay, so we have at least ten still on their feet? Time for some ass whooping. (I hope it's not entirely my backside, though, that's in question. :p
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

6, 4, 4, 3

I really must get adjustable, magnetised dice. :(

Post will be up this evening.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Simon and Derrick, you're up; I don't get to react to my ass-whooping until my next turn. ;)
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Done and done, I didn't roll well mentally, so...yeah.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Nevermind. [edit]
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

I wasn't taking special aim or anything, and I got only a single success with the shotgun on the troll. I tagged him, but I can't imagine him caring.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Heh, he is good with physical damgae, it was that mana ball that will do him in. he sort of failed his will power roll badly, so as soon as Teja gets her post up his will follow.

Okay a few thinsg need to be said about vampires in my game. I have both disgarded standard Shadowrun rules and adopted them in areas. In some spots I fall back to SR1, or SR2. In others I use White Wolf rules and ideas. I think I have a fair blend, but I figure the more you all know the better this game will flow.

Vampires in Paul World or the Marvel Comics Guide to Bloodsucking.

Vampires are organized in various clans, along the lines of White Wolf's Vampire game with the various organized clans having similar personalities to their WW counter parts. The big difference is the Camerilla doesn't hold quite the sway it does in WW games. Nor do the clans. Nor are they the only clans. They are various clans, all of whom range in size from real small (A dozen or so) to fairly big (A hundred plus world wide.) with varying ideals and goals. Not all are real organized. (One of the largest for those keeping score is the Ordo Maximus)

Clan infighting is common, and the Vampire world is fractured greatly. There isn't a Vampiric Neo, or jesus Christ. No Kings, or Queens. Thats to your advantage, because in some cases the rivalry runs deep and burns hot. Some Vampires don't see humans as cattle, but as equals who need to be treated as such. Others look at us like we do Big Macs.

Now the world at large is aware that there are Vampires, and that there are even some Clans. For various reasons these Clans have avoided major media coverage, and major hunts. Vampires are the gay guys of the 2060's-hip, few in numbers and glorified by the media. They are like rock stars who suck blood.

Now traditionally in Shadowrun Vampires get turned, and BHAM! You are a vampire with all the powers and abilities. I hate that. I like an age progression. The older they get the more powerful they get. Some abilities are learned, others inate-some Vampires are talented in some areas, for instance some learn early on to Mist Form, others may be spell casting virtuoso's, maybe they have a natural talent with shape shifting...whatever. The point being the older Vampires are nasty ass balls of death. Fucking with them is a risky thing at best.

Killing a Vampire is never easy. The traditional stuff works well-beheading, the sun, fire, etc...Regeneration makes them a bitch to permantly kill. Stake thru the heart only incapitates-you have to do the whole Von Helsing routine to finish the job. In game terms over damage can kill them, but never count on it. Magical damage is a bit more diffcult for them to regenrate, as is burn damage.

More as I think of it.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay 3278 you are up to bat now. After your action the two on the bike will open fire and begin spraying rounds at Simon and Derrick, and most likely Honey when she gets some speed going.

For those keeping score, we're still under a minute.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay. After Linz and I get back from GR, I'll get my post up. I'm going to be doing the mad asswhipping, 'cause that's what I do. :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

3278? I realize today was a busy day ofcourse,but shouldwe expect that post soon? I only ask because I recallyoumentioning the motor city...
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Sorry, sorry. Linz and I got busy doing other stuff, and I didn't even think about the posting. And luckily, I don't have to go to Detroit until /next/ week, so I can get it up tomorrow.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

3278 wrote:And luckily, I don't have to go to Detroit until /next/ week, so I can get it up tomorrow.
Right, sure. I'm thrilled to hear about your sexual prowess, but when are you going to play the fucking game?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

And what does Detroit have to do with said sexual prowess? Is it the smell or something?
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

[EDIT: Okay, I'm just slower than I thought. :D ]
Last edited by MissTeja on Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

I think he got it.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

We did, all three of us, Me, myself and Jose. None of that 'Irene' crap :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Jesus my game has turned intoan episode of Thirtysomething.... :lol
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

MissTeja wrote:[EDIT: Okay, I'm just slower than I thought. :D ]
Hey, that's okay with me. :evil
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Somebody help me. Inuk just squished a vampire mage with his bare hands at lightning speed. Can I see that from here? Can I see Bly in action?

My reactions will vary wildly based on exactly how much of this action I can see.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I'm also stupid, mainly because I'm stupid. Troll go boom, I'm a lucky bastard. Moving on :)
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Bethyaga wrote:Can I see Bly in action?.
Well, Bly is near the Cadillac currently, so I think she'd still be in your view. However, now that I ponder it, might be better to let the big man decide for sure. Tis his game. :D
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Plus the Caddy's mostly glass anyhow, so you should be able to see pretty much everything. Yeah, the mage got solid on the center line, so he shouldn't be blocked by the C-pillar on your left. It's going to be a little complicated getting a map from Paul - and perhaps posts, as well - for a little bit, so bear with him.

Paul, we've got a scanner [and a cable modem :p] here, so if you want to drop by and update things, we should be able to. In fact, if you can draw it out, I can probably animate it again. :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

After I am done here at home I will call you, I do have the kids,so bear that in mind.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Edited because I am stoopid.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Three stupid posts in three days? We're doing great! Bethy is anyway, he hasn't been stoopid yet, neither has Earl...I think...
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay:
  • Derrick took three points of damage from a bullet wound in his right arm near his shoulder socket.
  • Inuk just took the long walk off the short side of the bridge.
  • Simon gets a action, Derrick lost his getting shot,and dodging. I rolled for you, my apologies.
  • Bly, heh, just reminding you are still on the deck....*snickers*
  • Ms. Johnson will complete her action just after Simon's.
Have at it.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Paul: Simon takes one blast with the shotgun at the first SMG weilder he sees.

Skill 3; Smartlinked; no special aim; gonna take the shot and duck again (assuming people are still shooting this way).

My dice are fucking phenomenal for the first time ever (thank you Irony Games):

4, 5, 15 (hand to God)

If I actually get the shot off, I let you interpret and figure armor etc. Hopefully, I don't get my head shot off at the same time.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Let me reiterate that I'm using my back and pushing with the legs and that I'm not trying to move the body more than onto its side, pivoting more than moving location. I'll make a strength test when I get home, Trolls tend to be big sucka's. :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Bethyaga scores a massive hit, yeah Simon! Eli sweet idea actually, great roleplaying by everyone. I will reflect Bethyaga's hit when 3278 makes his post, so 3278 get to posting, also I need to swing by and get some books from you-just the ones I left the night we helped Teja with Bly. I have tonight and tommorrow off, so let me know what a good time is.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Oh. /I'm/ the holdup. I hate it when I do that,.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Yes you are the hold up. Please render the situation moot.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

On the other hand, it turns out we're both fuckups; neither 3278 nor Inuk has the PM. Could you resend? I'll post ASAP, promise.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Major Combat is over.

Ha! I always wanted to say that. The situation is as follows:

Bly unconscious. Troll unconscious, most likely dead, as he is filled with Uzi rounds.

The other two assailants that bly worked over-

Thing 1-broken face, mainly jaw

Thing 2-cracked sternum, unconscious but not dead.

Simon killed two.

Derrick killed one.

Inuk killed two.

The driver of the Beamer is still alive, but with the death of his master, he is completely out of his wits and generally doing things like sobbing, crying and blabbering.

Common sense says you have maybe 180 seconds to 300 seconds before Lone Star starts noticing hat just transpired, and dispatches someone to see what the hell happened. The bridge is classified as a security grade "C" area.

Any questions?
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Ayup.

Bly still erm, "taking a nap in the middle of the battlefield?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Go ahead and have Ms. Johnson wake you Teja, she will simply perform some first aid, with her small first aid kit! That and a stim patch!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Eli what specifically do you want to know from this guy, so I can figure out what he knows for you.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Who he works for. Where his boss live. Why his boss decides to not be allergic to death like so many other people seem to be. That's good for now, I'll maybe think of some other stuff in a while.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I will then edit my post to reflect the information.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay hostile interrogation time. The floor is yours people.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Not to come off all picky or critical, but Paul - just moments ago Inuk went off the bridge and into the waters below with a vampire. Now he's hopping in the SUV, ready to go? If so, that's cool. I was just wondering if that line was going to get any closure; or if it wanted to be amended or just explained. :)
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Yeah, I thought he was still swimming with the fishes.

Hey Paul, does our friend the driver have any means of suicide on him, and would he be using them to try and off himself if it came about that he needed to 'protect the cause?' I ask so that I might better write my post.