OOC: Shadowrun: Thirty Days of Night.

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Sounds good. I have the orginal stuff you sentme on Inuk inmy hotmail account. PM me your email address since I lost it allin the crash, and I wills end it. Teja: We need to sit down and rework Bly real quick.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Is there anything anyone's waiting for before we continue? What I mean is, I know I'm not posting because I just don't have anything to say/do unless rabid dogs attack or something. Are other people similarly stalled, meaning Paul needs to move us along, or are we just being lazy?
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I've been stalling til Paul and I get this situation fixed up. I am worried to do anything specific and put Bly in a compromising position without having all of her stats fixed back up first. Paul - when are you free?
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I was born free. Actually I have today and tommorrowoff, so maybe we can irc it?

We are waiting on me, and since I haven't got a modem driver, we're waiting for me to transcribe what I wrote on my machine to this one,or get my mchine working properly.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Teja, are you available tomorrow evening sometime? Even if Paul isn't free, I could meander over and help you out. It's a pretty drive, and I ain't busy. Plus, Paul and I are supposed to be doin' shtuff tomorrow anyhow, so it shouldn't be hard for us to find some time.

Anyhow, PM me your phone number or something; we'll see if we can't get us all three in a room.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Check your pm. :)
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Update: We finished Bly tonight, and provided Paul can get his modem installed with no problems - not necessarily insured, since I just sent him off with the machine and a driver disk - he'll have his next post up very soon. [It's written; he just has to get the computer online.] Then we should be un-stalled.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

First I'd like to say mad fucking insane props to my niggah 3278 who fuckin' rules the earth. Mad insane love wufflage from your humble servant.

Bly is indeed done, and momentarily I get us rolling.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Wow. It worked? Nice work!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay the trapdoor is a small foot wide by foot high piece of wall that pushes back in and pulls out. Behind is a two foot deep, 16 inch wide 14 inch high safe. Inside the safe are a few items yet:

16,000 Nuyen, a key with an electronic chip built into it, and a large pile of Alaska (transPolar Aleut) destination guides and tourist booklets.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'd like to rifle through the guides; is there any kind of rhyme or reason to them? Any specific places, that sort of thing? I'd like to get as much information as possible before posting, lest my post be, "Inuk rifles through the guidebook, looking for rhyme or reason in them." :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

The travel guides for the most art appear untouched except several on Barrow, Juneau and another I will give you the name of later, its in Central ALaska, I just need to find it again. Sorry for the delay. Also the Aztlan Ice flier is in there.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Why i couldn't think of Fairbanks is beyond me, thats the third city. Almost all of the guides concern sea and air travel, only one mentions over land.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay the computer has been pretty damn well cleaned out. There are a few things left that your guy got for you::

A Threee Points Bar and Grill web flyer. basically it details the specials, and prices. Standard spam stuff.

There are some satndard email style stuff, thats mainly junk, but does a good job of establishing a few things; This guy doesn't keep in touch with family or friends, and he must have obviously had another acccount he used. this one is just vapid.

He also hasa massive amount of encryption on his computer. he obviously accessed whatever account he was using remotely.

Finally one small scrap of a file wasn't completely wiped when he reformated his machine and took a magnet to it, it will be posted IC shortly.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay as soon as I get somesort of OOC or IC reply from Inuk/32 i will post her response. I just wanted to give you a chance pal. Eli status report please?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Oh and everyone roll a perception test, undefined target number please list your results.

:evil
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay, what Paul means is that now's the time we talk to our contacts, arrange transport, that sort of thing. Inuk has no ability to do any of these things, so he'll likely just tag along with Simon for the time being.

And he's not joking about the perception test. Really. I'm PMing my results now.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

3278 gets it in one!

I realize most PB3's lack ay real die rolling, but I like to keep some element of chance. So I have his rolls, anyone else intrested in perceiving, or do I finally get to use the total surprise rules?

Also Eliahad status report? When can we expect you back? PM me please or post if you'd like.

Teja revise your contacts list, PM 3278 or talk with him or me on mIRC for what we should do witht hat, since we failed to do it the night we fixed everything else.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Boy, we're dumb. :D
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

Sorry, yes, I'm back-ish. I just haven't been around a computer all that much recently. And yesterday I got hit by a car while riding my bike, but that's not important, well not now, so I'll go roll some dice and we'll see what's what, yo. :)

Yay 6!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Excellent. Trying to use the old "I got hit by a car" exscuse eh? Wait...you were really hit by a car!!!!! What the fuck?

I will be getting a post up soonish.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I, too, am curious to hear more of this "hit by a car" phenomenon. I assume you're not /too/ badly hurt?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Check my livejournal entry, it's the best way to get the details. I think if anyone wanted to take the time to figure out exactly /where/ and who my livejournal is, they should be able to find it. And 32, you already know where it is :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Eli and Bethyaga I need either acknowledgement that you have rolled or you will take whatever i mete out for this perception test.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Eliahad wrote:

Yay 6!
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

DOH! I am sorry Eli. Mass Stupido el rapido! Bethyaga????
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Oh and 3278 *PROD* post damn you! I am waiting on you!!!!
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay. Paul's most recent post requires a little bit of visual aid, because I didn't explain the movements of the vehicles all that clearly, being as how everyone's is a little surprised and a lot's happening at once. But just so we're clear out-of-character, I've drawn up a very basic visual aid.

<a href="http://www.3278.org/carchase.swf">This</a> shows the relative positions of the vehicles over the course of time from Inuk's exit of the vehicle to the Cadillac's coming to a stop. Don't get hung up on speed-over-time; it's not "to scale," as the camera is moving with the cars for a portion of the scene.

The red line is the motorcycle, the fuscia box is the SUV, the blue box is the BMW, and the white box is Ms. Johnson's Cadillac. Hopefully, this illustrates both the passage of events and the end result clearly. If somewhat primitively.

Right now, we're all about 100 meters from the north end of the bridge, headed south on I-5. We have another 300 or so meters until the end of the bridge. We're about a quarter of the way along the span [obviously], so we're at about 100 meters over the water. The suspension bridge peaks around 150 meters, with its main towers topping about 200 meters. The evening is dark, with high winds and heavy fog, alleviated somewhat by the white-purple overhead lights mounted to the guy wires. Traffic is minimal. It's stormy and epic-looking, exactly the kind of place you'd like to have a fight in a movie, but the last place you'd want to die in real life.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Shit. Sorry, Paul. Don't know where my head was at. 1, 2, 3, 3, 8 (if it matters now).

Sorry.

Gotta go catch up.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Good point, Paul. Did any of us bring any weapons? I certainly didn't bring any to the meet, and haven't specified anywhere else that I picked them up.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Its okay, I will be making some answering posts shortly.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

First much thankage to Earl for his help in getting my post up, and clarifying the scene for us. Keep in mind this sentence:
It's stormy and epic-looking, exactly the kind of place you'd like to have a fight in a movie, but the last place you'd want to die in real life.
Its my hope that we can keep realism and have nice cinematic style fight scenes-stuff that rocks, but isn't too far beyond the pale. I will err on your side every time.

No one is armed, although the funny part (After reading Bly's post since I am a little delayed in my OOC post here, for that I apologize.) is the trunk is nicely outfitted, as my next IC post will relay.

Earl’s moving picture pretty well illustrates what happened. Now as it happens Derrick (Eli) had a single success to notice the collision, but not enough to get the initial action, in game terms you were not surprised so you will not receive any target modifiers. Some how the tin can girl blew her perception test and got caught flatfooted. Once she rolls out from the car she will likely pick up steam like a steamroller on crack. Bethyaga made one success as well.

The bad guys pretty much blew their surprise round "dismounting" from the vechiles, and getting some bad ass looking axe handles, ball bats, and heavy hittin' niggahs. (I couldn't resist, sorry.)

They are basically looking mean, real mean, and approaching the vechile with that bad ass swagger. None have any apparent fire armage.

Inside the vechile Bethyaga has the door closest to the bad guys, Eli's is wedged open, Inuk of course stepped out as the vechile was in motion-cause he was a bad ass and made many successes on his perception test. So Eli has a really busted door that’s jammed into he side of the bridge.

The bridge railing has a barrier rating of 32, the actual "road" grating has a rating of 26. The Cadillac’s anti collision measures did activate, although some like the protective foam blow were overrode by Honey. The BMW broke free from the bumper, which was ripped off, and is parked about five feet behind the Caddie.

All but two people got of the Beamer so far. One is till seated in the back, and so is the driver.

The trunk to the Caddie is slightly collapsed, and dented from the impact, so it will be real hard to open. In Ms. Johnson’s trunk is the following:

1 Remington 990 Shotgun with a sling and 25 rounds. 5 of these are loaded. all weapons are hotloaded. (1 in the chamber, safety off)

2 Colt Cobra TZ-118's with 4 32 round clips each, equipped with silencers, with slings.

And finally, little Miss Prepared has a Steyr AUG-CSL configured in Light Machine Gun mode with six 40 round clips of explosive ammunition, with a hip brace and a sling.

For any one wanting to take the time there is also four BPV's (III rated so they'll stop a .44 round) and a first responder’s medical bag. Oh and there is a tire iron, and a spare, along with her and Simons "luggage".

A note on traffic. Light traffic on this bridge is still relatively dangerous, since it is also high speed, and more than a few are automated shipping lines, which the weather doesn't scare too much. So do enjoy combat while avoiding being hit by a twenty ton automated trucker!
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Serious Paul wrote: No one is armed, although the funny part (After reading Bly's post since I am a little delayed in my OOC post here, for that I apologize.) is the trunk is nicely outfitted, as my next IC post will relay.
Oops. My bad. I took that stance in my post due to my character bio. I think you have the address Paul, if you want to look it over once again and have me change certain parts. You had put in it that Bly packs a pistol whenever she goes into the city. Considering that she was in town when initially taken for the assignment, I just figured accordingly. We can change it and I'm more than happy to edit the post though if you'd like. :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

No, leave yor post as is. I will speak to you today anyways.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Assuming my window goes down even though the door is wedged shut, Simon is going to start taking a bead on any heads that come into view. If the window doesn't move, I suppose I'll bail out the other side of the car, because I'm not going to trust my luck to blow out the window.

I'm feeling rather Roy O'Bannon-ish.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

[Paul here]

The window does indeed roll down, APPS has to have some bennies right? As of right now the battle goes as follows:

Inuk deaded the two from the beamer. They are directly behind you and slightly obscured by both weather and the C-pillar of the Caddy. Bly disabled the three from the SUV, one human, one ork, and one troll, leaving two humans and two orks, as well as the two from the bike and the two remaining guys from the BMW.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Simon will be taking only baby steps at a time here, as it seems that Inuk and Bly (and prolly Honey) are all jacked up much higher than he is. I'm drawing a line on the next joker, but I'm sure I'll be lucky to still have any targets by the time my next action rolls around. Let me know if my pacing is off at any point.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Will do. So far this is shaping up really well.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Just for those who are trying to keep track of how this would be in game terms - and so you can clearly see in your heads what's happening - here's the order of actions, roughly speaking. Each bullet point is one combat turn, and things that happen at the same time are all grouped in each bullet, in order of their writing or reaction.
  • New initiative round.
  • Inuk gets an extra action for noticing what's going on with his perception test. With it, he dives out of the car.
  • Everyone reacts, the crashes happen. Inuk takes an action.
  • Cars come to a halt.
  • New initiative round.
  • Bly arms Derrick. Honey operates controls. Inuk takes an action. Simon and Derrick delay their actions.
  • Bly exits the vehicle. Bly makes three attacks. [She, in true SR1 fashion, gets her extra actions up front.]
  • Inuk makes two attacks. [Him, too.]
  • Simon arms himself, and fires, killing one target. [Him, too.]
Now Derrick will act, and then we're really at a new initiative round, basically. Obviously, we're not really playing strictly to the rules, but this is just kind of a flow for what's happening.

Oh, and, I did this from memory, which means we've all obviously been clear enough for it to make sense even after the fact, so we must be doing okay. :) And I think this is <i>tres</i> cool, too.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Okay, confused, is Simon's door busted open thanks to Bly, did he actually have to take the time to roll the window down, because if not I think I have a couple of options. No. 1 is to shoot over him through a much wider space, the other is to try and dive over him and finally get a little room to maneuver (and pummeled)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay this may not be true for everyone, but when I kick my car doors on Olds they bounce back-don't ask why i take the time to know this. So my vision is she boots the door open, rolls out, it slams back, not necassarily shut, but back, so it at least provides 75% plus cover for you. That clear things up a little?

Also as 3278 so politley noted, this doesn't flow exactly by the rules. I generally will ignore the rules in vast tracks for a scene that rocks. if i think any one gets too trigger happy or too "super duper" I will PM them and say hey pull back a little. I take a marvel comics slash cineomotographers view of gaming-It should rock, but I also root for the good guys. (Not to say people can't die, I just like giving people lots of chances.)
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

In earlier description, I was on the danger side and my door was wedged shut. Bly was on the rail side and I assumed she bailed out her own door. If I have it backwards, or if she crawled out over us and I missed it, then I apologize for the confusion.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Some of the blame is mine, but we're good so no worries.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

From what I had read, Simon was next to the open door, Bly had been placed in the middle of the two men, and Derrick was on the rail side. :/ I apologize if I screwed it up somehow.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

She just seemed like the sort of person who could kick the door clean off, especially considering what /else/ she's been doing. Ah, well, I have a lot of stuff to take care of. If my computer doesn't actually have a virus and its been bullshitting me, I'll have a post up later tonight.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

True, true. Thing is, Bly didn't intend on derailing the door off of its hinges. The kick was swift, but controlled enough to just let her out of the vehicle. I'll make sure to take more specific details into consideration when posting actual details like that though, in the future. Thanks for pointing that out, Eli.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay everyone here is where we stand as of my last two IC posts:
  • Derricks Action takes place.
  • Somebody in the BMW uses mist form to exit the vechile, and begins casting a spell.
  • New Initiative Round begins.
  • Bly's Action, Spell Released. Everyone will need to make a will power roll versus a target number of 6, against Deadly Stun Damage. I am trusting you to reflect the Mana balls affects in your posts.
  • Inuk's action
  • Simon or Derrick here.
I'll add Honey as we go, as wella s the Vampiric pawns. :evil

[Edit] So I could figure out the whole list thing-a-ma-bober.[/edit]
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Will roll for Simon: 3, 5, 1, 3, 1, 2

I'm fucking pathetic.

Kill me now.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Oh, yeah, hey, it's my turn, isn't it. I'll have it up tomorrow.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay I am getting one last bad guy action up and its spell goes off time. At this point it looks like Inuk is out of the casters line of sight, Simon may possibly be in his line of sight, and Derrick is not. Bly for sure is, and so is Ms. Johnson.

I will let you know for sure momentarily Bethyaga.