OOC: Shadowrun: Thirty Days of Night.

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Since I am undergoing a move as well and a few connection problems as well lets go ahead and suspend all actions until August 15th. Sound good?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I kick all your asses. Finally got some free time, and the one game in town closes down. :lol
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Fuckity fuckity fuckity.

I'm back for this game. I will re-read, and if the game is still on, then I'll have a post up by Friday at the latest (if one is warranted).

I love you too, Paul.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I need some cables to connect my machine (Screen to the machine and power cords, no power no comp.) So when i get those I will be on line again.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Also Johnson is done with his brief, unless any of you have questions. The Zeppelin is still a half an hour from its next stop.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I'm baaaack, once I get a chance I'll reread and post and things will be hunkydory once again :) Hullo.
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

We start up again tomorrow, and everyone's here, so I'm guessing we'll all have a post up then?
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Can I say....HELL YEAH! :D

Welcome back gentlemen. Lets rock and roll.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Let's do this bad boy mother-puppy. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Either Simon is deaf - not impossible - or he doesn't realize Inuk already gave his name.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Fuck. Will fix.

Maybe Simon hasn't really been paying attention.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Being an ork can be very distracting when eating things like tortilla chips or nuts, which are likely to compact and get stuck in the crevasses of the molars. As orks have much deeper molar crevasses, but slightly less dextrous tongues, it takes much more time, effort, and concentration to get those food plugs out of their teeth.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Mr. Johnson was never actually taken out of the room, but I can assume he has left unless any of you need to ask him any questions. Sound good?

Also welcome back everyone good to see you all back. I should be up to full speed this weekend.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I don't have any questions right now, but Ms. Johnson will be able to answer a good chunk of the questions, yes?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Will she cook for us?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

European or African, and yes she can cook. Especially outdoors.
Inuk
Tasty Human

Post by Inuk »

What are we waiting for, exactly?
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

That's what I was wondering as well.

I posted. Hopefully what I gave will be enough for one of you boys to feed off of for the moment to get this ball rollin'. I accidentally posted under Teja rather than Bly though. Damn insomniatic episodes. Sorry bout that.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Anyone else?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

You are waiting for me, unfortunately with out the cables for my computer that were at 3278's place my machine is dead in the water.

Any luck in finding them 32?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, no, but I didn't realize you hadn't found them, so I haven't been looking terribly hard. I'll do so. You're missing, what, the monitor cable? What else?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Just that, the cable (To make sure I get this straight, sorry I haven't told you sooner) that connects the monitor to the computer, not the power cord. The good news is Meri is getting her computer online, so starting tonight I will be catching up.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Anything before I place us in the Arkoblock?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Anyone need any equipment before I drag to the Arkoblock?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Noper.
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Bly be good. I hope. ;)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Getting the description up in a sec. Lost my first post have to retype it.
Serious Paul
Devil

Room by room.

Post by Serious Paul »

The foyer is six by four feet with a two foot by four foot closet. All ceilings are eight foot drop ceilings unless otherwise noted. A key rack is mounted next the security viewer.

The living room is fifteen feet by twelve feet, and on the north side is Samuel’s work station and desk. No personal photographs adorn the desk, and it appears very well used and neatly kept.

On the west wall is a sword sheath only.

The south end of the room is the entertainment area, with a very new (last six months at least) entertainment system, and a large selection of music and movie chips.

On the east wall is the entry way to the walk out enclosed balcony-you can see a patio set out there, and some plants. The whole room shows signs of obvious search.

The hall is a short affair with a linen closet filled with towels.

The bedroom is a large 21 foot by twelve foot room with an attached master bath suite, has a bed, two dresser’s, a walk in closet, and a Nordic Track style exercise step machine. The room is obviously been searched but beyond that it seems to be pretty trashed, like someone left in a hurry. Clothes are strewn everywhere, as are shoes and other knick knack items.

The extra bedroom is empty.
Serious Paul
Devil

Phone log

Post by Serious Paul »

Phone log as follows:

November 4th (Today for those wondering, it is about 2300 now)

3 calls from corporate mass callers selling shat-read unimportant
1 call from his office from a coworker named Deb, asking if everything was okay, since people were asking about him at the office with emphasis on "people"

November 3rd

1 call from a coworker named Jeb asking if they were still on for the game when he got back from vacation

1 call from a computerized search company named DeltaFax that simply leaves a number to return the call

November 2nd

1 unlisted call from a man who does not identify himself and states that he has aranged for the meet a place named Three Points Bar and Grill.

The calls are deleted from that point on.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

The music selection is obviously divided into two distinct set of tastes-on the left is classical, jazz, folk and other lighter genres. On the right is heavier stuff: death core, rap core, rap, metal, and rock. Its pretty obvious these are two seperate collections.

Eli not to bust your balls, but what sort of operations do you want to do on the computer? So I can figure out what to tell you.

Everyone: I need new copies of your characters, since my machine crashed and took them with it, please send them to pjensen@cmsinter.net . Thanks.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Shit. I was going to ask you to send /me/ a copy of my character, since /my/ computer crashed. Ah, well.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I'm looking for his address book first, then any documents that aren't corpwork related, saved messages, downloads, that sort of thing.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

So basically the log on operation, well first I have to ask do you have the computer skill (I am going to check my email again as soon as I post this to see if you have sent me your PC yet, so if the question is answered.... :roll )
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Ah yes, well...let me go see if I can find it and such. :)
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Shite. :/ We had saved it on your laptop when we worked on it...
I will pm ya the addy of the bio we had before we amended it, but...well, I'll be seeing ya on Friday. We can fix her up then if need be.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I may have yours then, I will check tonight then let you know.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

And in my last post, I'm actually dialing up DeltaFax (on voice only). I'm rather hoping it's an automated service, but if I have to deal with a live person, I'll fake it.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

It is definitely automated, think calling your phone companies menu. You can eventually speak to either a real person or more likely a customer service know bot.

The blurb as you connect is

"DeltaFax! We make the matrix less intimidating!"

Teja: Joo get the I caught Paul offguard cookie!

The medicine cabinet is relatively slim pickings:

A tooth brush, some aspirin, Icyhot bottle, a half empty bottle of fruit flavored tums, a half empty thing of q tips, and a bottle of iodine. Also on the sink is a tube of colgate-minty fresh flavor, and a packet of Gilette Mach 6 razors that is empty.

One thing that does catch your attnetion is that the bathroom is spotless. It is almost surgically clean. Too clean-there isn't even a hair on the toilet. Sterilized is the word that comes to mind.

Behind the bathroom door is a womans bathrobe with Japanese lettering that is superimposed over a black dragon.

I will edit this post and add more in about an hour.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Teja your character is a victim of computer crash as well, I have the old version, not the updated. Did we make a hard copy?

[Edit]

Especially since the old version completely lacks all knowledge skills.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm a total tard, by the way, Paul. Inuk doesn't /have/ any foci, so yeah, not active. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Oh, and...since we've none of us got my character sheet, how many points were we, again, so I can start over?
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Serious Paul wrote:Teja your character is a victim of computer crash as well, I have the old version, not the updated. Did we make a hard copy?

[Edit]

Especially since the old version completely lacks all knowledge skills.
Shit.

[Edit]

That's a negative.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

As I most likely incorrectly recall I think it was between 250 and 400 points. I really don't know since I lost everything in my computer crash. Do either of thos numbers seem right?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Finalist in Concerto Competition, practicing ass off...posting may be erratic for the next two weeks.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Simon was standard 425 points under BeCKS v2. In fact, his stats are included in the article.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Eli understood. Bethyaga I love you in a totally nonhomosexual platonic fashion. No really.

Ev eryone else assume I will run Derrick Arthur for Eli while he is gone, and post on.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Some things everyone should keep in mind, that have been rattling through my head while I'm recreating Inuk's stats.

Let's reiterate maybe the most noticeable attribute he possesses: his smell. This guy smells like he just spent twenty years walking around killing stuff and sleeping in its carcasses, without showering. [That's because he's just spent the last twenty years walking around killing stuff, without showering.] He's wearing what appear to be sewn hides - the real kind, not dyed leather, and yeah, it includes fur - and from the look of the pelt, it seems to have been mostly just one animal. Which means it must have been /big./ And very white. And apparently really smelly. Of course, the raw meat hanging out of his pocket might have something to do with it, too. No matter how good anyone's noses are, unless you get /really really close,/ you won't smell a bit of human on him. See, that way, animals don't run off when they smell him. Rotting carcass doesn't bother them as much as manstinky does.

He's probably in his thirties, but it's hard to tell; his face is lined, and his hair is completely white, but he has that sort of Inuit ageless look. His skin is even darker than that of most "eskimos," and his eyes have that perpetual squint that comes from staring into snowlight for months at a time. His hair is an unkempt mat, moreso than any International Geographic inuit picture you've ever seen. Don't most eskimos comb their hair with, you know, ivory combs from whales or something? This one seems to have used the tried-and-true "sleep on it and rub some dried blood in there for good measure" technique.

He looks like he's in a daze half the time, like he's just about to drop off to sleep any second. His pronounced epicanthic folds don't help matters. His eyes are the same ice-blue as Frost's, but these don't look natural; they look like they've been bleached by the sun. He stands /completely/ still when he stops moving, and moves with a slow fluidity when he does.

Really, to bring us back down to earth and not make him sound like some superhumanly screwed-up guy, he looks like any eskimo hermit would, like a mountain man, except from the way-far north. [And what the hell's he doing in Seattle, anyhow? Get tired of the cold, finally?]

As far as anyone can tell, he's not carrying any weapons. It was a close fit in the car, and any one of you would be willing to bet that if he's carrying a weapon, it's in a place you wouldn't want to look for it.

I don't think I've got anything else, although I'll point things out as I remember them or they become relevant. I wouldn't mind hearing more detailed renditions of your characters, either, just to get a more intimate feel for them, as Inuk gets to spend more time with them.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Inuk is re-done-ish. Paul, I've got the NSRCG file for you to take a look at when you come over this week, which you should do, so we can get your modem driver. And don't forget to write down the name Windows gives you for the modem, most specifically including the numbers after Creative Modem Blaster.