OOC: Shadowrun: Thirty Days of Night.

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Serious Paul
Devil

OOC: Shadowrun: Thirty Days of Night.

Post by Serious Paul »

This game is filled, the players slots have all been filled. This is for Out of Character Comments and questions, as well as comments from any one who wishes to make observations about this game.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

*sniffles* Nobody loves me anymore. *sniffle*
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Well I love you, but only in the Bad touch strange sort of way another man loves another man when that other man is sleepin'. ;)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Where do we stand on this? My character is basically done, but I'm still not sure if I'll be using him, and I still have to write up his background for you, Paul. But I'd like to see what everyone else is doing first, and then talk with everyone about my idea.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

As of right now you are a fair amount ahead of everyone except maybe Bethyaga, I think. Everyone is welcome to discuss ideas and stuff here or elsewhere. My personal plan was that we wouldn't start till after the Holiday season as a lot of us have things going on, trips, etc... You tell me though.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

My character is going to have to wait for a little while. I'm into my last ten days of classes and it's crunch time (not to mention concert time) I'll finish him(or her) on the plane on the 14th and write it up soon after that.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

I haven't made my character yet, but the concept is pretty solid in my head. No mage, decker or rigger, for what that's worth. :o)

I'll try and finish my character while I'm still in the US, should I be unable to do so, you'll have it by January 7th or so.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Bethyaga
Knight of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Bethyaga »

Simon Blackfoot is finished.

Simon is a [deleted for security reasons].

EDIT: but he's not a mage, adept, shaman, rigger, or sammy.
Last edited by Bethyaga on Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

For Record:

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay since I lost Eva's email address or I was imply lazy and never entered it in my address book, so I will repeat what I said here for the record:

Characters are due to me on January 19th. No Character sheet, even if its scribbles on a notepad or whatever, NO PLAY.

Next:

DO NOT share your Charcter Sheets. I realize your secrets will become common knowledge soon enough, but lets add some suspense to the game. An edge if you will.

Next:

Starting the 20th at 0001 the game will be open for your posts, I should be ready to roll by then. I may have some questions for all of you once I receive ALL the characters.

Anyways Happy Holidays PASt, now GET to WORK! :lol
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

What the hell is a [deleted for security reasons], and can I play as one?
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Eliahad wrote:What the hell is a [deleted for security reasons], and can I play as one?
Those are the code words for 14th level Ninja/Paladin. And no, you can't be one too.
_Whoever invented that brush that goes next to the toilet is an idiot, cuz that thing hurts.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Just a friendly reminder that come the 19th we start. Please complete your last minute preparations this week.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Some of you are being very bad. You know whom you are. Correct yourself. You have until MONDAY to do so. You both know whom you are.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm having some problems getting my character from the NSRCG into a useable format. I'm also not sure about how it's spending Karma, so I think I'm going to start over on paper and make sure it's right. Paul, would you like me to send you the NSRCG file, so you can at least look at it?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Nevermind. I just did it manually. I'll mail it to you now.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

When do we start the posting?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

One: [Edit:I have received your character]

Two: Post now. Put yourself somewhere doing something. I will then play of your lead and eventually all the PCs will be at the meet. This is your chance to shine, capitolize on it.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay once again, every one post.

Once your initial post is up, I will direct you, In character to the meet. The sooner ALL of you post, the sooner I will start us off. You guys determine the pace here.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

OOC towards Bethyag: The following is what you see in game terms, you may do what you wish wth this information of course:

The Cadillac is parked almost ten feet from your house, it is clean, except for the mud it obviously picked up going down your drive. Its windows are not one way glass, and it is empty inside (As far as passengers go) It is not running. The liscense plate is Seattle, UCAS.

The Caddie is a 2063 Park Avenue with a gloss black and chrome two tone paint job. Its the exspensive luxury model, and probably has all the options. (Which means armor plating and a full electronics suite.)

The living room of your cabin is lit by the fire, which looks a little dim. who ever is in there doesn't know how to star a fire would be your guess.

There appears to be no one in sight of your home, and from this distance its too difficult to see any foot prints.

Any questions?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Paul, I'm trying to post, but I'm experiencing a massive case of writer's block. Why? I don't know, but I'm trying to chip away at it slowly. Hopefully I'll have something worth putting up by tomorrow. My apologies.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Paul, as soon as Simon feels he has sized up the room, looking for any corp goons hanging out or some sign of weaponry or cyber on Ms Johnson, he really is going to go to the kitchen for a cup of tea, leaving his Roomsweeper there by the door.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm intentionally delaying my post, so don't anyone hold up on my account!
Eva

Post by Eva »

I'm not. I've just been disablingly busy. I'll try to make my first post this weekend. I apologize for the delay, but I sure did forget what it was like to have a real job.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Eva:Thats fine.

Eli: I have your characters name mixed up, what is it again? And does he have a street name, if so I need to edit my post.

3278: Understood.

Bethyaga: As Simon scans the room this is what he notices:

The Johnson: She is approximately five foot five, maybe weighs 135 pounds, she is athletic, with no outward signs of muscle or reaction enhancers (So far she hasn't moved), she does have cyber replacement eyes of some sort-her eyes are a mettlaic blue chorm with gold flecks. Other than that she has no obvious cybernetic enhancements.

She is not armed, or if she is its with something thats really really really small, because her suit is tailored pretty close to the skin, and leaves little to the imagination. It is low cut and she is wearing a thin shirt beneath it. She has a black leather attache case by her right foot.A jack cable with a magnetic iduction pad pokes out of it, and its shape suggests a pocket secratary.

She has a tattoo on her left wrist, but it is mostly covered by her suit.

She does not appear to have any active magical enhancemetns or magical items/spells/etc...

There is no one else in the room, but... there is a single set of boot prints leading out your back door, and you don't wear that size or brand. A quick peek out your windows doesn't yeild any results, and the wind has blown any tracks in the yard away.

That cover everything?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Paul: Derrick Arthur is his full name. Kind of odd. I couldn't think of a street name for him though. I've tried and tried, and can't think of anything. Maybe "The Post" but that's just tacky.
Serious Paul
Devil

Don't sweat the small stuff, dude.

Post by Serious Paul »

Eli don't sweat it, we don't need a street name anytime soon.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Eliahad wrote:Paul: Derrick Arthur is his full name. Kind of odd. I couldn't think of a street name for him though. I've tried and tried, and can't think of anything. Maybe "The Post" but that's just tacky.
I know nothing about your character, but...

Joey the Nose
Lucky Louie
Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson
Dice
Curly
Smithy
Aunt Jemimah
Thurston
Gator
God's Hammer
Jack Thumb
Carver
Bottlesmith
Sam's Boy
Last Chance
Barrel Rider
Twilight
Harvey Keitel
Fear Rider
The Gambler
Sparks
Ledge
Rollercoaster
Red Badger
Coop
Thrashed

Okay, I'm tapped.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

Woo! I feel like Bond... only dirty and with tusks.

Uh... if I'm bound to spend a night or two in bliss here (o please o please), then I'm willing to gloss over the details (like a Bond film panning out to rolling waves outside the window).

On the other hand, if I'm being set up, then Simon really doesn't suspect a thing. I do, but Simon is easily blinded by a pretty face, apparently.

The only other thing is that when I took her hands, I would have gotten a fair look at that tattoo on her wrist. If it's meaningful or relevant in any way, let me know, but Simon's not too concerned about it at this point.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Carry on Mr. Bond.... :lol

She is definitely not setting you up. She is simply reacting to your rugged mountain man charm. The driver, whose foot prints you saw earlier, will sleep in the car.

Her tattoo is a combination Military glory tattoo and zaibatsu tattoo. It denotes membership in the Yametetsu's "Yellow Lotus" Fireteam.The six year world championship desert wars Fireteam of the year winners. Your best guess is she might be really really dangerous if you try and stick in her back door with out asking....
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Just as a reminder: anyone waiting for me, shouldn't be.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Where are we people?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Attacked by fiancee, feel free to move me about as a pawn of your evil plans. :) I'll try and post tomorrow.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Lets see where are we peoples?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Still pending. Don't mind me, anyone.
Eva

Post by Eva »

Alright, time for a reality check. Nowadays, I don't have enough time to have a decent dialogue with my parents, let alone make worthwhile posts to the game. I hate to be this person, especially while playing with a group like this, but I have to. Better now than later, right?

Paul, my apologies, but I'm dropping out. I hope it doesn't completely fuck up your game.

Guys, my apologies. I had looked forward to playing with you. Maybe I will someday.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

I always say Real Life is more important. Take care of yourself first! Good luck, and always, Have fun!
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Eeek! Ok, I believe that leaves us with an open slot. Is someone out there in TV land either intrested in A. Taking over Bly as she is, or 2. Taking Blys spot with a new PC?

And Eva its no thang!
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

This is why we don't let girls play!

Kiddin'.

We'll shoulder on. You'll be missed.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I will take suggestions too, so if any one knows someone they want me to actively recruit...Tell me.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay MissTeja has taken over as Bly. Adjust accordingly.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

*shifts to the left*
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Teja, where is your character, is she finsihed? i want to get this rolling!
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

*Shifts to the right*
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

*Teja tosses her hand in the air, looks at Paul, and points over to the Prolonged Absence thread in SST*

Make up your mind, silly man! :D It's on disk - I will have it in your mailbox in the morning.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

*Takes two steps back*
Chocolate sauce on a buttery nipple. *Bliss*
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Teja? I assume you are occupied with company still, but when we can we expect the post?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay everyone is on their way to the meet, I kind of rail roaded Teja/Bly a bit to get things rolling, so tahnks for being a good sport Teja.

Now it can play one of two ways here-I can start the meet or you can make some posts, then I start the meet. You have 24 hours to respond, otherwise I start the meet.
Bethyaga

Post by Bethyaga »

It's all you, baby.

I am but a hapless pawn.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

He said Hapless. :roll

Okay anyone else?
Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Let her rip, I'll make one more post about getting there and then awaaaaay I go.