Shadowrun OOC:: In the Dragons Secret Service-General

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Starburst
Tasty Human

Post by Starburst »

Commanding Officer aka (Rico for us, 32 for you)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Starburst, I don't think you were out of line. I think maybe your /character/ was, but you should remember that special forces tend to have a slightly dimmer view of respect for the brass than normal units. Because of their insular nature, generally specfo units are all about themselves and their CO, and everyone else kind of be damned. Now, Aleixen's father is "regular army," basically, so he's been brought up with respect very much in mind, and he's tried hard to make sure his team's the same way. Your CO isn't likely to share that opinion. In other words, my team's the one with the lunatic loyalist in command, not yours. :)
Jeff wrote:I'm wondering if the remainder of this game is going to be such a goat rodeo.
Probably, unless we work out what the problems are and solve them. :)
Jeff wrote:Apparently, not only did the individual members of each team come up with a nearly completely different ideal of what a Dragon team member is, but each team came up with a completely and nearly antithetical approach to what it is to be a Dragon team.
Well, I'm sure I've posted my idea of what it's like, but I don't know that we've ever really settled on a definite way of life for these guys in general. Is this something everyone thinks we should make sure is dealt with? I do, but I don't know that we want to disrupt things at this late date.
Jeff wrote:In addition, I'm also wondering if this is the expected posting rate. Frankly, I don't check Bulldrek on a daily basis. I come back to find that we've warped through time several hours, if not a full day, and finding the two posts I prepared pretty much useless to post.
I think Paul asked, somewhere, if people thought it was going too fast. I'm sure he won't have a problem with slowing down a bit. I think the expected rate is twice a week, but I'm not certain. Paul?
Jeff wrote:I'm also curious exactly what Blue team is meant to do, since we currently seem to have no C.O.
Uh, where's Rico? Is something going on of which I'm not aware? Like you, I haven't been checking the other team's thread: I'm planning on waiting until we're all done, so it's like reading the other half of the story.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Here's my two pfennigs on Starburst's comment. If she had been with Rico or even the Captain who oversaw a few teams of Dragons (which reminds me, I still think we're way underpowered on the whole rank thing), then her comments would have been appropriate. But as it stands, we're in front of a large body of senior staff officers (Maritime Captain, Colonel and a General) and such comments would not be appropriate, especially in a formal setting like this briefing.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Wow.

Where'd all this come from????

Uhmm, lets see what i can do to resolve some of this, because from where I am sitting it looks like one of my players is considering quiting.

Post rate:::

I am only asking for two a week. If it happens to go faster than that I am okay with it..but I will certainly try to keep in mind not everyone checks in every day. If it goes too fast tell me.

I skipped to the briefing to get the ball rolling so each team could move independent of each other. As I said in the post OOC and on #Dragons I expect that Blue Team will continu to post at its own rate IC to catch up. If thats a problem, speak up.
Jeff said::

If we have not the time for me to do my job, which shouldn't including planning and packing, but should included conjuring elementals, I believe we've got very different views of how these teams work. If that's the case, I think it would be best if perhaps I turned over my character to Paul.
Wow kind of harsh Jeff? I realize you are upset over the time lapse gaming here, but easy fella. I don't think Maces suggestion is so far outside the pale. At face value all he is asking for extra help-And since I play the guys who decide whether you get it, believe me your not looking at obsolete any time soon.

Mace is semi correct in the fact that you may not have all the time in the world to prepare for this job. But keep it good faith that I will not let any one be left behind...I want every one to have fun, not just the gun guys.

Listen I have to roll, its 1300 and I need to leave for work. More later okay?
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

The Skinny: I've been around, I just haven't had the time to slap together a coherent, useful, and not-useless post for this game. The last three weeks have been crazy, with my life getting turned upside-down more than once in that time. Be that as it may, I'm back, and working on my post. Don't give away my collar brass just yet. I hope to get my crap posted tonight.
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

I would request we try for two posts/round of common actions a week maximum. Right now I can't check everyday. No doubt some people think the personal plots are pointless, but I happen to like them. At the current rate, by the time I talk to the people involved to set up a series of events, posts have moved on completely past that point, and so I scrap and try again, but if this continues, I feel like I'm always going to be lagging. I need a day to read and think, then make a post.

Interaction between 2 people or so can move as fast as they want, but for instance me personally would like a little time to do some Gold/Blue interaction before we go our seperate ways, but it will become most probably a guess to see if I can post before someone moves us on to the next bit, since if I don't check for 2 days, we may have skipped several hours.
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Geist
Tasty Human

Post by Geist »

What Wildfire said. As for the rest of my posts, they will need to wait until I get some response from the email I just sent Paul.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay the two posts a week stands. (So some of the more anxious Dragons out there reel your scales in...)
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Fmeh... now that I get the time to post... wish this could have happened last week, but two posts/week is muchly acceptable
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay a note on the maps. I realize my links are old, but for IC purposes pretend they are advanced Satellitte images, Interactive Holographic Images and real time feeds. Hence the its Map #1989, not the date comment.

I am in the process of modifying the maps to be useful to us.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Swimming with awakened sharks.

I love Paul, and I love him good!

Droz goes to get his water wings and his waterproof autocannon.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

And speaking of swimming with the sharks, is it possible for somebody to go bust copyright and tell me what the hell the expected paracritters can do?
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Helllllooooo, awakened manta rays...
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Dude, manta rays kick unholy ass, just about the coolest vertabrate ever.

It still doesn't tell me what exactly we're up against.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Yo, Paul? Earth to Paul?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Sorry real life kicked in. I still need to hear from Jeff again. Also 3278 has my books at the moment so my critters books are there. He might be better at giving you an idea of what text creatures can do.

Do expect creatures with elemental powers, engulf powers, as well as enhanced attributes and dual natured. expect me to modify creatures in such a way that they are not entirely the same as the texts. Does that help?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Critters

Post by Cazmonster »

Paul,

Yes, that does help a great deal. Now I can be even more nervous whenever anybody does the JAWS theme. ;)
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

da-dada dum da dum dum...da da dum...
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmosnter flips out, gets the t-shirt and everything, and totally beheads Flameblade.

[glow]HAI![/glow]
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Just what exactly are we waiting for?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I'm not sure. I think we've got all the briefing material we have to have. Sure, there's some odd questions yet to be answered, but nothing we can't adjust to in field.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay people how are we doing? Whats up? Just moving the ball alittle. My personal life wenrt down the crapper for a bit, but now for something completely different, neh?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I'm ready to rock and roll, so long as I can get to the armory and grab the rest of my weapons :D.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

I'll resume posting shortly...my character is by nature a little more quiet than the others.

Also, my personal life has been extraordinarily busy as of late. I'm still in the game, but I've chosen to let Valor be silent, until he would have somthing productive to say.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Starburst
Tasty Human

Post by Starburst »

Let me just get my recorders and playbacks set up, and grab my pistols, I'll be alllllll set.
Guardian
Tasty Human

Post by Guardian »

Ready to rock and roll and dropping by every couple of days to keep an eye on the threads. Right now Guardian's listening, plotting for all he's worth and thinking we've been dropped in at the deep end this time and no mistake - but he's looking forward to it.

Post away people - lets kick this pig along a bit.
Just when I think I've reached bottom - some fucker throws me a shovel.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I'm back, I guess, and lost. I think perhaps, I need to find some time one of these mornings or afternoons, before I head to work, to chat with the Man in Charge. It seems that I can't follow this pace and work two jobs. I hate mortgages.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I'm just listening...waiting for sub-group briefings.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:I'm back, I guess, and lost. I think perhaps, I need to find some time one of these mornings or afternoons, before I head to work, to chat with the Man in Charge. It seems that I can't follow this pace and work two jobs. I hate mortgages.
What pace? One post every two weeks? Because that's almost what we're down to. I /know/ you can keep up with that. :)

Seriously, are we stalled? What needs to be done to get us up-and-running?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Honestly, I've got everything I need. Unless there's some great googly moogly important stuff we need from the Senior Staff, I say we get the heck out of here and get to grabbin' gear.

I can't actually say that at the staffing, given I'm an NCO and do not wish to spend the rest of my natural born life in the SK equivalent of Leavenworth. :)
Geist
Tasty Human

Post by Geist »

Finally posted, and character stats pretty much finally nailed down. Catching up, slowly, but catching up.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

oh dear me....this thread now have more than 1000 views :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Jinx, are you seriously standing up in a tactical briefing being held by a ranking officer and asking to be excused? No offense, but are you /familiar/ with the military?
Jinx
Tasty Human

Post by Jinx »

Actually, from what was posted I was thinking we were done with the briefing since no more questions were being asked, I'll edit it that's not the case.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Ummm...actually, I've questions I'm still waiting on being answered, several in fact. Plus I may have another one or two after thos are answered. :P I'm just catching up here folks, my apologies.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

looks like I'll have to catch up soon. eek.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Sorry I have been behind on my posts, moving put me behind. I will have the next post up with in the next couple of days. Promise.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Joo have moved? Roxxor on man!
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Status - my home phone is out, with no confirmed deadline for reconnect. I will post from work when I can. This week looks ugly, but I am around.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

I'm in Crime Scene Technician school for the next 2 weeks. I'll still be home at night, but it's gonna be tough to keep up due to the long hours and homework associated with the school.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

Once I get my new über-computer into my room, and hook the bastard into the network, I'll be back in action. (Should be some time this afternoon.)
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Paul - was just wondering if there was anything else we needed from the briefing. It's not like we can dismiss ourselves from it...
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

That depends, and you are correct in saying that you don't just dismiss yourselves from this sort of thing. You will be released by the ranking Officer in the room, in this case Colonel Hodges.

Is everyone done? Any one have any other questions? If not, I will finish the briefing and dismiss you.

AT THIS POINT I WANT EVERYONE TO REPLY TO THIS POST.

EVERYONE
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I'm good to go. Eventually, I'll bug you about what I downloaded to my tactical computer, but that can wait until we get dropped out of a perfectly good airplane into shark infested waters... :D
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

So long as my pending questions regarding the Awakened side of security are answered, I have nothing else for the briefing itself. Though honestly, I may have one or two more questions depending on what those answers are, I can probably safely assume that most of that information is contained within the security briefing information we'll receive. Though of course, after the briefing, if there is time and it's possible (and such people are willing) I do have three conversations to cover with 32, Wildfire, and Mace/Rico, respectively.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

I'm done with the breifing. All my thoughts are about the Post Breifing Debreifing, so I'm good to go.
Eliahad
Squire of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eliahad »

I'm done with the briefing, but Starburst will probably be present in Ty's conversations with the others. So...I'm with Jeff. :)
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Just waiting for post-briefing stuff :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

JohnnyRico wrote:I'm done with the breifing. All my thoughts are about the Post Breifing Debreifing, so I'm good to go.
AKA, reaming Geist a new asshole. :D
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

All set here.