Shadowrun OOC:: In the Dragons Secret Service-Team Gold

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Sounds good. 32 i should get that map done this week for you to use for what we talked about.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Paul and I talked about it last night, Flame, and we can really start up as soon as you have your background; your actual stats won't be important for a bit; your personality will be.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Danke.

I'll focus more on personality, and I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm planning to switch to different name...if that's ok, and does not disrupt with your storyline...
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Uh, yeah, if that's fine with everyone else, we can just edit the posts that mention him.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I don't mind. It's not like there's tons of in game posts as it is.
<a href="http://heftywrenches.wordpress.com">Agent Zero Speaks!</a>
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Sure, sounds fine to me
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Flame what I have seen of your character sounds more than accpetable. It is perfectly along the lines of what I wanted, so rock on dude.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Claus Kimmit

Post by FlameBlade »

Danke.

Here's my character...

Claus Kimmit

History:

Claus is born in Germany, raised by two parents who are working for SK. When Claus reached the age of 6, he was immediately accepted by War College, where his abilities to control objects (drones) begins to develop radically to the point where his &#8220;teachers&#8221; are impressed by his abilities. Claus was implanted with high-grade rigger equipment as an experiment to see his potential to increase exponentially (which they did.). He learned how to use drones effectively within five minutes, exceeding everyone&#8217;s expectations. His use of drones are so elegant that teachers would focus on him, challenge him to do better, even if Claus already exceeded everyone&#8217;s expectations.

Soon enough, Claus was trained to drive vehicles, transporations, and in very short time, he demostrated high ability to control different vehicles, even some of rival corporation&#8217;s vehicles, drone systems. Claus continued to hone his abilities until he was assigned to Dragons gold team.

Personality:

I am SK. There is no life outside SK. Anything outside SK must be purged or converted for good for SK. There is only SK, nothing else. I will die for SK. I will always serve SK vehemently. Mostly importantly, I am a part of SK.

Drones are part of SK. Since Drones are part of SK, they are part of me. I work with drones. Dragons (the team) are part of SK, so they are part of me. I work with them. We shall prevail. They shall fail.

I get missions from SK. I complete them with SK. I complete them for SK.

Note: Since Claus only really knew SK, and was trained to hate everything that is not SK, thus, his personality emerge as this type&#8230;almost as if SK is a rigger itself, and Claus is a drone. That is what Claus believes&#8230;in strange way, it keeps Claus close to SK.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

My edits are done, and everyone is free - and urged! - to post. Let's go, everyone!
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

This is going to be very interesting... :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I watched Resident Evil last night for the first time, and I have to say, if anyone doesn't have a feeling for what a top-tier special forces group in the future should be like, this isn't a bad place to start. They make a lot more mistakes than I hope we will, but still... :)
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Letting you know. I got the character sheet from Cash, so give big thanks to Cash for keeping this game going.

Thanks, Cash!!!

Now Dragons can be truly up and going!!!
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Everyone please delay posting until I get an answer back from Paul on something. I could seriously screw up continuity if we don't. :)

I would like to mention that you should all feel totally free to stop the works up while we wait for something from the GM; we don't post so often that a 24-hour delay - the most you're going to get - would kill us, and if we're going to do this thing, let's do it right, neh?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Okay, we're cool. Everyone is open to post as they choose. Thanks, guys!
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

FYI, stuck in dial-up hell until probably Monday, don't expect a post from me unless its required or I get insomnia.
_
"Are you alright?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay before I reply to Cazs post I will give people some time to read an what not. Let me know if the pace gets to be too much, or any out of character questions you have.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I'm planning to wait till general briefing is over, then I'll resume posting, to discuss matters with squad leader.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

I'm good, there's some other details I think I'll need, but I'm fairly sure we'll get those at a sitrep on the 'Rad.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Team Gold Physical Adepts - I need to know what powers you have.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Cazmonster wanders around, hitting himself in the head with a field manual.

Okay folks, I need skills lists and prefered gear from everybody, that way I can slap this goofy frag order together.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I also need skills lists from everyone. Heck, I wouldn't mind having /characters/ from everyone, as I'm still not sure what's going on with everyone. I'm not certain I've /seen/ characters from most of you, so if you could send them my way - again or for the first time - I'd be really quite pleased.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

You should also all know I'll be out of the country from the 23rd of December until the 3rd of January, and thus unlikely to be posting.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Null sweat Captain. You'll get Droz presently.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

points to the WinternightEX character database

Its not very readable, but all her stats are there. The only other version I have is my BeCKS Excel worksheet, which isn't much better, I'll try to get a useable copy to both you guys, a quick rundown of physad stuff, Quick Draw, Smashing Blow, Astral Perception, Improved Reflexes lvl 3, Iron Will lvl 2, Counterstrike lvl 1
_
"Are you alright?"
Sludig
Tasty Human

Post by Sludig »

Jinx is also up there iirc. :)
_*I may be crazy but I'm not insane*
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Let's make this easy for the folks with the short term memory problems and those who are overworked.

I want a copy of everybody's character emailed to me. I want to print them out and stick them in a file so I can work offline if I have to.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

CC me. Uh, please.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Paul - I checked and there are vehicles I want. Anguriel said that there are aquasleds with firmpoints. If firmpoints can hang onto torpedoes, I want-ee!

Sincerely, Caz
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

Seasled mentioned is in Rigger3, page 189.

A firmpoint probably couldn't take a torpedo mount directly (LMGs and smaller can mount on firmpoints). You'd likely want to use missle-racks for that. However, depending on what you have available, I highly recommend looking at Gyrojet Pistols (you should be able to slip in 2 on a Firmpoint, as a pistol is much smaller than some other weapons allowed for firmpoints) loaded with Plus rockets. 12S AV/APDS damage underwater is fairly good, though your range is limited (Heavy Pistol Ranges). The major bonus here is the cost of the ammo. Rather than paying a few hundred to a few thousand per torpedo, you're looking at 12 nuyen per gyrojet rocket. Double that and you can attach seeker heads and use indirect firing rules and targetting devices. Availability isn't much higher than your average torpedo system, either.

Not that I'm part of this game or anything. ;)

Edit: Further discussion on IRC with Paul indicates that a custom sled could be in order. I'd be happy to design one or two for the team, but I'll need to know what exactly you want the seasled to be able to do. In particular, number (and average weight including gear) of people to be pulled per sled, armament desired, maximum depth required and cost/availability requirements (if any). Also, for the GM to answer - Could the sled include a partial covering shield / bubble type of thing that would allow the diver being pulled to use the sled's signature for detection purposes.

For example purposes... The Seasled previously mentioned has two jet-ski style seats and can pull six people besides that. For a mil-spec style sled, I'd probably look at pulling singles and pairs (with the ability to pull more weight, but probably ony four handles in total). One set under the bubble, one outside (for a quick grab). Front Fixed-Mount of some sort, probably gyrojets. Also a larger model for pulling an entire team with a pair of front gyrojets (at half a firm-point each) and a single torpedo tube (in a hardpoint fixed-mount). Larger model would also likely include enviro-sealed cargo-bay for holding gear. Possibility of designing units that function together well, including attachment points for smaller sleds on the large one (with control wires linked to the large sled, as needed for rigger control underwater if those rules are used), IVIS systems, a RCD bay so the rigger could control all the sleds from the large one.

Anyways, let me know what you want and I'll be happy to whip something up.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Frag Order

Post by Cazmonster »

Okay Team Gold, I got a preliminary Frag Order completed. Please read through this and see if there are any glaring holes in it. Paul, Since Droz is way smarter than I am when it comes to all things military, can you use your phat military knowledge and peruse it as well?

BEGIN FRAG ORDER

62/NOV/15 (I don't remember the exact date)

Situation: Rheynard Lylesburg is in possession of an artifact, the Anandaprana. He is also in command of a well-prepared position in the Cook Islands, Squama to be specific.

<<From Datafile>>
<<... an Artifact known as the Anandaprana on the Island of Squama. Intelligence has also identified this man, Rheynard Lylesburg, as the controlling force on the Island.>>
<<...Regiment sized emplaced opposition forces on the Island. Island forces have hardened bunker style buildings, and an extensive defensive net in place including satellite jamming and blinding facilities, an extensive Radar emplacement, an extensive SAM network and mines in the surrounding waters. >>
<<Random Air Patrols... usually consist of two patrol vehicles. Immediate Air Support is believed to be available in five or less minutes. >>
<<Naval patrols... patrol style boats that rely on speed and low signature to operate. It is believed that the Island Naval forces have access to two CSS Stuart-Class Corvettes, 5 Wuxing Zhen Wu-Class Frigates, with non-standardized armaments, and 35 GMC Avengers.>>
<<It also likely they use hover craft and vectored thrust vehicles.>>
<<The island itself is extensively monitored by ground patrols, closed circuit simsense and cameras, extensive sensor systems are believed to be emplaced. Patrols generally consist of four man teams who patrol on foot or in a single GMC HMPUV. Armaments and armor vary.>>
<<Magical Security is layered and tightly monitored. Speculative Intelligence estimates that the island uses a wide combination of bound elementals, spirits and paranormal animals. It is also believed that at least one or more free spirits may operate in conjunction with the islands facilitator, Reynard Lylesberg. (One in ten are magically active, and there may be a large assortment of parabeasts in addition.) >>

Mission:: Team Gold is to eliminate Lylseburg, and retrieve the artifact. Also, we will be supporting Team Blue during insertion onto the island. Secondary Objective is to destroy as many Squama resources as possible. Tertiary Objective is to extract Achmed Parker and destroy the Stuart-Class Corvettes

Weapons common to all::
Pistol (SK P61) - may be replaced in Individual Load description
3 magazines of armor defeating ammunition
2 magazines of frangible ammunition
Service Weapon (SG 552 Commando) - may be replaced in Individual Load description
7 magazines of ammunition
Knife, Combat/Utility
Grenade, Aerodyne, IR Smoke x3
Grenade, Aerodyne, Hallucinogen Gas x3
Grenade, Aerodyne, Improved Offensive Explosive, x2
Explosive Pack, Anti Material (1 kg of C24 with a multifunction detonator)
Explosive Pack, Multifunction (30 m of Detcord with a multifunction detonator)
Ammunition, Autocannon, 10 rounds (Drodowyzc)
Ammunition, Light Machine Gun, 100 rounds in two fifty round box magazines (Sechs)
Rocket, Light Antitank Weapon, x2

Individual Loads:
Diethelm - No changes to common weapon loadout

Drodowyzc
Cannon, OLT Trump Card
30 rounds of standard ammunition
Grenade Launcher, MGL - replaces SK P61 Pistol
Grenade, Launched, Improved Explosive x18
Grenade, Launched, IR Smoke x12
Grenade, Launched, Hallucinogen Gas x12
Rifle, SK Kompetitor '61 .30 - replaces SG 552 Commando
10 magazines of AV ammunition

Sechs
Assault Rifle, SK Stormdragon (It's a HVAR, I'll get the stats later)
300 Rounds of belted ammunition

Kimmet
Gloves, Shock
Grenade Launcher, MGL - replaces SK P61 Pistol
Grenade, Launched, Improved Explosive x18
Grenade, Launched, IR Smoke x12
Grenade, Launched, Hallucinogen Gas x12
Shotgun, Mark 3 Jackhammer - replaces SG 552 Commando
6 magazines of ammunition

Locke
Combat Foci Swords

Golokvo
Additional SK P61 Pistol
3 magazines of armor defeating ammunition
2 magazines of frangible ammunition

Equipment common to all:
Armor, Amphibious, Light (Vest with Dikoted Plates Ballistic 4, Impact 4)
Bag, Watertight, Large
Balaclava with gas filtration
Battle Dress Uniform, Summer Weight (I assume camoflauge clothing here... Ballistic 5, Impact 3)
Bedroll, Lightweight
Boots, Light Duty
Cable, Climbing 100m
Carabineer x5
Flare, Signal x3
Flippers
Gloves
Harness, Climbing
Harness, Load Bearing
Helmet, with 30mp Heads Up Display
Knife, Multifunction (Tung-Diamond impregnated cutting blade, otherwise like big Leatherman)
Meal, Ready to Eat x14
Parachute, HALO
Pouch, Equipment, Large x2
Pouch, Equipment, Small x4
Pouch, Pistol Magazine x2
Pouch, Rifle Magazine x2
Pressure Suit, HALO
Radio, Headset (Intel-approved encryption and Battletac Communication Circuit)
Restraint, Tie-Off, Plassteel x3
Ritual Magic Materials, As per Lt. Diethelm's needs
Rucksack, Large (has inset camelback hydrator system)
Socks, Black x3 (extra sets in ziplock bags)
Tool, Entrenching
Undergarments, Black x2 (extra set contained in ziplock bag)
Vest, Combat
Wetsuit, warm water

Equipment Specific to Individuals:

Diethelm
Mask, Awakened Being Restraint
Magic Foci
1/5 of Camouflage Netting

Drodowyzc
Suit, Ghillie
Mask, Awakened Being Restraint
Medkit, Valkyrie
Valkyrie nanite and drug supply x4

Sechs
2/5 of Camouflage Netting
Tent, Inflatable, with Ruthenium Sheeting

Kimmet
Deck, Remote Control, as modified by Sgt. Kimmet
Toolkit, Computer
Toolkit, Electronics

Locke

Golokvo
Toolkit, Computer
Toolkit, Electronics

Additional Equipment and Notes:
All maps and tactical assessments will be downloaded to the personal RAM of Sgt. Drodowyzc and Sgt. Sechs, with recovery countermeasures installed protecting them.

Drones
'Pike' aquasled with remote vehicle command capacity x6
(Sleds with minitorpedoes [gyroget pistols with 6 rounds each] to help us shwump the gear)

(Three lightweight scout drones as per Kimmet's request.)
Last edited by Cazmonster on Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

For those wondering, Helm's remaining equipment list will be provided at the team meeting in an hour.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

THREE-TWO-SEVEN-EIGHT! I have sent the essential information to you, SIR!

And by the way...we're starting to reinvent bulldrek colors. Now we have Bulldrek Red, and Caz is finding ways to create more bulldrek colors.

Just an irrevelant tangent :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Thats real sweet Caz. I have to compliment you, it looks top notch. I'd have to say its worthy of the real deal Man!
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Got everyone's, I think. Caz, Wildfire, Flame, and Aaron. That's it, right?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Uncle Joeseph you didn't mention.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Crap. Haven't heard from him in so long I forgot he was on the team. I'll need your character sheet, too, Joseph.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Serious Paul wrote:Thats real sweet Caz. I have to compliment you, it looks top notch. I'd have to say its worthy of the real deal Man!
Thank you very much Paul. I've been sweating this thing for the past six weeks or so, mostly because I don't want to forget some vital piece of equipment.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

BIG KUDOS TO CAZMONSTER!
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

due to some somputer problems, and some personal financial issues, I have not been able to post recently. I have so far lost my Valor character sheet, although I can recover it within a couple of days. I'll forward that to 3278 as soon as I get it.

Caz, I emailed you a copy of Valor awhile ago, but I can send it again if you need it.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Totally cool on my end as far as Valor is concerned. Good to have you back.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

Ok, I have sent 32 valor's character stats. Good to go on my end.
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

Quick question - do you have the stats for the HV gun? I'd like to have them, just for ammo consumption questions.

And a question to all of Team Gold - is there anything, aside from the resolution of Team Blue, that we need to cover individually before rejoining?
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

I don't have any stats for the HV gun. I don't understand SR weapon creation rules well enough to provide you with anything. All I know about it is what we talked about in mIRC and such. If it is too difficult for us to implement, I can choose something less exotic.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

I'll have to look carefully at everything that I have. I' should be doing that later tonight.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Not from here, but due to Jeff's pull out, the entire 'Arista requests a half hour' is unecessary, so if its okay with everyone else, we'll just pretend it and related IC posts/comments never happened.
_
"Are you alright?"
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

UncleJoseph wrote:I don't have any stats for the HV gun. I don't understand SR weapon creation rules well enough to provide you with anything. All I know about it is what we talked about in mIRC and such. If it is too difficult for us to implement, I can choose something less exotic.
Totally null sweat. Just let me know if you want a HVAR or a HVLMG and I'll put Overlord on the case. He loves friggin around with Raygun's rules and the Cannon Companion.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Gold Team, where are we?
Cazmonster
No-Life Loser

Post by Cazmonster »

So far as I know, we're ready to rock. I'll send you the HVAR Overlord Technologies rigged up. It should be just fine.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Ready to go here, I think the next IC thing was waiting for Helm to return and report back to our command with frag list, etc.
_
"Are you alright?"
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

Firing drones up.