OOC: Speak the Word

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

So what do you say?

Post by Jeff Hauze »

If someone knows the appropriate thing to say here, please pipe in. Keeping the story short and sweet, I took a break. It was either drive to Chateu du Tyler and not stop drinking until my liver gave out (I considered the option strongly, but threw it out due to remembering how bad of a drinking buddy Earl would make with his whole "I'm not a drinker" deal) or take some time away from Bulldrek. So with the proper apologies to all, and the promise to Paul that he can kick my ass when we meet, I'm finally back.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Posted and caught up.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Serious Paul
Devil

Welcome Home

Post by Serious Paul »

[glow]I am glad you choose this option. I'd have to kill you otherwise!Heh. Welcome back Jeff, Glad to have you back, brotherman. FYI for everyone:: Reika is intrested in getting in on this, I realize it is late in the game, but she is intrested in Scamps spot. She hasn't confirmed yet, so no real idea if this is really an option. Please share your thoughts on this via Private message.[/glow]
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Paul: I'll get a private message to you shortly. There is an issue though. I linked the Grip account to my account. Maybe Earl can tell me how I can cancel that out, if that would be a problem.

To the group: A gold star to anyone who can pick up the three movie quotes I used/bastardized in my post. ;)
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Re: Account switch. Log into it and do a new PID request :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Re: Welcome Home

Post by Reika »

Serious Paul wrote: FYI for everyone:: Reika is intrested in getting in on this, I realize it is late in the game, but she is intrested in Scamps spot. She hasn't confirmed yet, so no real idea if this is really an option. Please share your thoughts on this via Private message.
Well...I did send you confirmation, along with a char. I'm just waiting on you to give me approval. ;)
Meri
Tasty Human

Post by Meri »

Consider your self on board.

As my scheduling is sort of fucked I will not be able to get you onboard until Wedsnesday at the earliest, I may manage it sooner, but by expect the worst. That way you can be pleasantly surprised if I manage to do this in a timely fashion.

Welcome aboard. :p
Nekekami
Tasty Human

I'm officially confused....

Post by Nekekami »

Point one: Meri = Paul. Does not compute. ;)

Point two: Is Reika taking over the role of Abe? Or are we adding another character to the mix? And thirdly, am I still covering Abe?

Point three: I posted. Gryce is a bitch. Let's see if Smoke's a bitch too. Just like Nekekami is being a bitch to them. Let's all be bitches together. :D
_Do not confuse luck with skill. - Terence Wei (Kenneth Tsang), The Replacement Killers
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Take a bit longer, Quicksilver nice and toasted is fun :)
_
"Are you alright?"
Reika

Post by Reika »

Thanks, Paul. :)

I'm bringing in a totally different char. Kalinda Chase who is a jumped up Barrens Brat who's something of a decker/car thief/b&e type. Lotsa tech know-how. :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay I have been seriously lazy, I could cry real life or what ever but in the end this is my goat rodeo.
So here goes:::

Jeff:: Heat. And I for one thought it was fucking cool.

Josh:: A reply and soon or I answer for you.

Reika:: I am posting your intro next, after I post this.

3278 and Wildfire::: Quit smirking both of you. You're having too much fun... :cool

Scamp::If you read this, you are out. The Grip is now a plot device.I choose to use him as I see fit.

Okay people lets fuck this Goat, and put lipstick on this pig.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Nekekami:: You just had your head phone ring in with the Judge.

Reika:: The cred stick contains 2500 Nuyen.

Questions???"?

Bishop.Postage!!!!!!!Please!!!!!!!!!!!
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Paul, you want to edit that post you made with all the asterisks and get rid of, say, half of them? It bj0rks the page for people with smaller monitors. Like, say, you. :)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'd like to make a proposal that if a player hasn't posted in a week, the GM gets to take their action, and if the player hasn't posted in a month - after much GM reminding - then they're out. And if the GM hasn't posted in a week, we mailbomb him.

All in favor?
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

raises hand :D
_
"Are you alright?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay edit is good, I did not mean for that to happen.

I say my vote is aye.
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

Question 1: Am I complete tool and forgetting who the Judge is?

Question 2: I hate seeing Abe go, but I'm going to love roleplaying the aftermath. :) I'll keep following the bread trail you lay out till then, Paul. ;)

Question 3: Gryce is a bitch. No it's not a question. But it's fun to say. Say it with me. Gryce is a manky bitch. :P
_Do not confuse luck with skill. - Terence Wei (Kenneth Tsang), The Replacement Killers
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I am an Idiot. Sorry Jeff. Sorry Reika. I have edited the first post. I will post the second after Reika replies.

Bishop:; You have until July 3rd at 1700 to reply or I reply for you.
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

Oh, and since I forgot to say it earlier, and any true TTF fan never misses a chance to vote on something....

[glow]AYE!!!!!!!![/glow]
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Smokes reply has been added.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Jeff I had to squeeze in the editing out of order. So his phone call takes place after Reikas PC leaves regardless of its order.
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

Final edit up. We're ready to keep rolling.
Serious Paul
Devil

The Meet

Post by Serious Paul »

Gryce and Smoke::: The storm is very not natural. Both of you can tell that this storm has some sort of spiritual enhancement. In other words a spirit is pumping it up. It is moving with a purpose, but due to its size its hard to pin point the where or a why.

Nekekami and Quicksilver:: As Kalinda entered you noticed a black Ford F-450 Diesel Extended Super King Cab pickup truck with a topper on it half a block to the east of the club. The windows are polarized and the engine is running.
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

Okay, my big tactical post is up. Assume that Abe follows what I said, since I don't have enough time to get an affirmative post up for him. Any questions on my gear Paul? I'll get you exact count on weapons and who has them tomorrow afternoon, as well as my exact armor ratings.

Call signs that Nekekami is recommending, for those who can sign onto the comm-net, are as follows. Assume that's he communicated this to folks vocally and through hand signals. He'll plan to use them vocally as well, since so far the only people I know who are definitely on the commnet are Abe, myself, and QS.

Misty - Quicksilver
Wolf - Smoke
Mr. J - Gryce
Baby Doll - Kali
Tusker - Abe
Ghost Dog - Nekekami

Paul, you're evil. Kami's ready to get killed. Let's do this thing. :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Two things::: Who is on the Tac Com system?

And number two is this:::

Bishop. You have very little time to get your ass in gear and post. Otherwise their will be a smoking hole where your PC is standing. I shit you not. I am sending this same message via Email and Pm as soon as I post this, at the very least I expect "Sorry I am going to be rain delayed for a while response" Or else I am waxing the Wolf and smoking his doggie biscuits.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Nekekami wrote:Call signs that Nekekami is recommending, for those who can sign onto the comm-net, are as follows. Assume that's he communicated this to folks vocally and through hand signals. He'll plan to use them vocally as well, since so far the only people I know who are definitely on the commnet are Abe, myself, and QS.

Misty - Quicksilver
Wolf - Smoke
Mr. J - Gryce
Baby Doll - Kali
Tusker - Abe
Ghost Dog - Nekekami
Don't we, you know, already have call signs? :)

I'm not on the commnet, Paul.
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

Earl, yes we do. I didn't say Nekekami makes a great tactical leader. Your choice to listen to him or not. He's simply thinking to continue to vary the call signs whenever opposition shows up. That way, if encryption is cracked, or they verbally hear the call signs, they'll be looking for nick names on the street that don't exist. Yes, everything I ever needed to know about communications I learned from movies. Sue me, bitches. :D
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

OK, I'm a huge cockmonger for just vanishing the way I did, and I'm sorry for that.

I just wanted to get that out of the way right off the bat. I do have an explanation, the value of which is, of course, up to your evaluation. The short version is that I was laid off from my old job, and subsequently moved out of Boston. Now, whenever I have a 'life upheaval,' as I like to call them, I tend to go into a hermit mode for a while. For example, when I dropped out of college (a pre-emptive strike on my part - they were going to do it soon enough) the same thing happened. I'd spend most of my days in my room, not interacting with anyone for days at a time, etc. That's what happened here - I went into online hermit mode for a while.

I'm slowly emerging; re-expanding my 'online presence', if you will. As part of that, I'd really like to get back into this game, if at all possible. I know that Jeff has taken over Abe, so the character is still there. But I also know that new players have been added since my disappearance, so you might be at the player limit. I'm also well aware that you may feel burned by the way I just vanished with no real explanation at the time, and can completely understand that. So, if possible, despite the factors I've listed (and probably some I've left out) I'd love it if I could start playing again. If not, I'd naturally be disappointed, but completely understand.

But no matter what's decided, I really do want to apologize for the way I acted, (or failed to act, as the case may be) and will be following the story from a giant floating eyeball's perspective.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Right. Okay. Well here is the long and short of it::::: Will you post?

If the answer is yes, then welcome back. If its no, we return to our regularly scheduled Ork Mauling.

Any one who objects to this please contact me via PM, in fact everyone please PM me and let me know how we are feeling. To be honest the rotissary player thing is driving me bug nuts.

Bishop:::??????? Where are you?
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Gryce would like to make a perception test, roll initiative, and delay his action until the first sign of an opposing force. The /absolute first sign./
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

The long and the short of it is - Yes. Cool.

Now all I have to do is remember the password for the account I used to post for him.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

3278:: Copy.

Wildfire:: And you are doing what? :)

Jeff: Can you give Scamp the account I amde for the Grip, please and thank you. Also let me know when mail call treats you right.

Bishop::: I am at the end of my rope....Post.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

blinks innocently at Paul as she edges out of the thread

Posting right now, of course....
_
"Are you alright?"
Abe
Tasty Human

Post by Abe »

Never mind, Jeff - I figured out the old one.

New post from Abe should be up either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.
Reika

Post by Reika »

I'm not on the tac comm being as I only have a microtransceiever, but I could prolly patch into the frequency they're using if I'm given the right codes.

Also how much of the opposition's radio chatter am I picking up and able to decipher?
Serious Paul
Devil

Decrytped Com

Post by Serious Paul »

Reika::None yet. I will be letting you know what happens very soon. All that has happened was almost simultaneous
Reika

Post by Reika »

Okies, just checking. :)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Ok, as I said, Abe's in whatever cover is available, he's got all his senses cranked up, and a delayed action on the entrance to the back alley.

I also need to edit the post to have Abe slaving the door controls to his pocket sec, but I'm having problems logging in as him, so it'll have to wait, I guess.

[edit]
In case anyone's curious, here's the error message I'm getting when I try to log in as Abe...

phpBB : Critical Error

Error updating last visit time

[/edit]
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

I'm here, and dealing with the above things. Paul, PM incoming, Scamp, PM incoming with the password and such. However, do you have a PID setup? If so, change the PID in the account to yours, since it's currently linked to mine. :)

Posts will go up this afternoon, after I pick up my sister from work and run her home.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Scamp: Just a note. Kami gave you his Predator and his Guardian. The Browning he kept for himself. Your post noted otherwise. :)
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Jeff: Whoops. Ok, as soon as I can log in with the Abe account, I'll change it.

Note: I still haven't gotten the password to TheGrip. Use the email in my profile if you want.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Yeah, I forgot to do so, Scamp. Sorry, PM coming your way right now, to the Scamp account. Just remember to change the PID, otherwise you can access all my accounts. Don't even think about, bitch. :D
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Reika:; At first as you scan the air waves you hit all the high end secure frequencies and come up with nothing, ina na attempt to be thurough you scan open freqs and realize that they ar enot using encrypted communications.

As of the begining of the melee round you have heard only one broadcast:::

"....All team I repeat this is a Go."

Speaking of which can I have an actual initiative roll from everyone? I am trying it this way once.
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

Paul: I warned you that I was taking this John Woo style. :) Trust me, I realize how insane Nekekami's stunt is. I'm banking on the fact that it's suicidal enough to succeed. Of course, I also expect that he doesn't stand a chance in hell of it working against these guys. Now onto the actual statistics.

For my initiative roll on 2d6, I came up with 7, modified by my reaction by a final total of 14. As for my armor, I am effectively at 5/3 with the Ultra Vest and the Long Coat. Provided I calculated everything correctly, I shouldn't suffer any modifiers to my Quickness or Combat Pool. As for weapons, Ghost Dog is my combat pistol. Fires only on burst fire, with regular ammo, the damage is 13S per burst. A -2 for the Smartlink II, plus my strength and Gas Vent IV cancel out any recoil modifiers. I have the full sensory package online. Using flare comp, and low light (or thermo if it's easier, I'm not sure what the case is) for vision, with the select sound filter working to cancel out the sound of the storm, my weapon, and the damper assisting in that, I want to try and use the hearing amp and the sound filter to work extensively on listening to how the opposition moves, attempting to predict their movements as I can.

My targets are the guy with the shotgun in his hand as primary, intending to go for a killing shot, hopefully blowing his neck out. After I come up from cover, I'm making a crazed dodging run at the hopefully remaining three, banking on the rain and my speed to keep me from getting shot to pieces. My secondary target is the possible melee guy with the knife in his hands, hoping to give a gut wound with my second burst that won't kill him, but put him out of the fight. Then, after feigning the double-clothesline, I'm going to toss myself at the last two, hoping to knock them over and then roll to cover. As much of my enhanced articulation, muscle augmentation, and muscle toner can do me for me, I'm stretching it to maximum. I'm really looking to knock them down, shake them up a bit, maybe knock weapons loose and still maintain my agility and get to cover. More importantly though, is knocking them down.

Hope that makes sense, and I didn't overstep anything there.
Quicksilver
Tasty Human

Post by Quicksilver »

Paul, if you'd do me the favor of rolling for Quicksilver, the character sheets are in a different already packed box, and the only electronic copy I can find isn't a complete sheet :)
Reika

Post by Reika »

Right, I got a 9 for Kali (rolled 3 on 1d6, add +6 from her reaction, total 9). However I do have a question. Can she figure out how many people are on that particular frequency? Or are they radio silent now?
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Abe's initiative total is 10. The rest should be relatively self-explanatory. In short, he's bolting out behind Quicksilver, and is going to try and zap the crap out of anyone that's still standing.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay we have sonme decsions that need to be made.

First due to Bishops sudden and serious life threatening car accident I am phasing his PC out, which was in the works anyways.

However second Reika has dropped out of the game unexpectedly.

Now the decision to be made is what to do next? I sort of busted up my plot a little to phase her in, but nothing major. So if you have an opinion register it now before I finalize what ever plans I have. :wideeyes
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Uhh...shit? I'd suggest pulling another PC in, since we are now down to 4, but it really wouldn't make sense story-line wise. Personally, unless there is someone who immediately wants to join or an NPC you would like to use to fill some of the missing roles, Paul, I say we simply push on.

Is it uncouth to ask why Reika left?
Reika

Post by Reika »

No, it's not uncouth. A certain incident has really alienated me from online gaming right now and my phone situation is making things unpredictable. If you want me to stay in, I'll try to do my best, but it may take me awhile to respond.