OOC: Speak the Word

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

It was directed at Earl indeed, but lets not give up hope yet shall we? There is hope.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Oh good. I was hoping that we weren't dealing with a mage who ate people's faces as well as mutating into a dwarven corporate traitor. I mean, I know you're evil, but that's just vile. ;)
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

My fault; I've not been paying attention. I'll remedy that tomorrow.
Meri
Tasty Human

Post by Meri »

Okay sounds like we are moving towards Grays home of residence, am I right? Oh and Jeff, sweet scene you set up there I wish some of my real life players had your awareness of communications, and their weaknesses.

Anywasy just tell me what we are doing and I will post.

Also I need to finish some info for you, Jeff, and should do that soon.
_"The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart."
-Saint Jerome-
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

That was me.

Honest.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Well, thanks for the props Paul. Honestly, both Kami and I know dick about communications. That's why he's a street born fool who's using a cellphone instead of a radio. ;)

I just know that I love phones, and I can only imagine how annyoing (and surprisingly convient) a phone that can handle thought to audio/text translation and holds 10+ channels would be. Screw muscle replacement and all that shit, I just want a transducer, a wireless link, a commlink, and a cellphone for at work. :D
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Its the awareness that the lines can be compromised thats useful, half of communications security is knowing the weakness of your systems.

Anyways i assume this is conformation of your parties intention to access the Fray residence correct?

3278: Please explain to me what you are doing or intend to do via PM.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Yeah, sorry if I didn't make that clear before Paul. We're heading to Gray's to case the joint. More likely, there will be security preventing us from entering (I'm assuming this is a gated community at the least) so for the moment, we'll assume that the crew will be doing a drive by observation, with Abe and crew parking at some nearby vantage point. I'll be circling the general area, getting an idea of the layout of the neighborhood, and then possibly going inside for some more onsite observation. I'll know more once we get there and see what the place looks like and the layout.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Paul, just a quick question. Do you need me to make a post leading us up to Gray's place? Or are you handling the whole shebang?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

You get me started jeff, and I will fill in the blanks.

Gray lives in a semi gated community, three gates two are monitored, one is unmanned byt has a slash card entry system with road spikes and cameras. The community is surronded by a thirteen foot wrought iron fence set into a four foot stone wall. Grays home is, lucky for everyone involved, right near the back fence and the automated entry point.

His home is two story brownstone with a patio off the back, and a small fenced yard with some oak tress and some white pines in it.

Sound good?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

To the team: Obviously, I'll be using the ultra/infra sound link between Abe and I to communicate with you three. It's a bit safer than the cellphone, and the best I can do for now. Smoke and Abe can obviously speak easily, and Quicksilver should be close enough to gesture or speak quietly with. It's the best of a not so perfect situation for now folks. I'm pausing my intro to give some catch up time, but the finish to the entrance should be posted by Friday night/Saturday morning at the latest.

To Paul: Do you need a further entrance set-up? If so, I'll post it as mentioned above, Friday night/Saturday morning at the latest. If not, it's all yours.

To Earl: Reading back over the old posts, I just realized something. I may be on crack here, but I couldn't find anywhere that Gryce gave a number to Nekekami to contact, though I did give Gryce my number. I wasn't even sure if Gryce had a cellphone. If I just screwed the pooch on that one, my apologies. Not too big of a goof, but mine nonetheless. Sorry about that one, flesheater. ;)
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

That's okay; it took me a while to realize that I can't just reply to you guys now, since my scene states that a couple of hours passed in there. So I'll hook up with you guys /after/ the scene at Gray's; you guys can call me, basically, any time three hours after I left. I think we can assume I gave you my number at some point, "offscreen," as it were.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Jeff: I will post tommorrow or so.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Jeff: If I missed anything let me know. If you need any hard game information let me know and I will post it.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I am sort of stuck. i don't know what to post for Wildfire, Scamp and Bishop. Also 3278 are you going to tell me whats up with you brotherman?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I ask again, 3278? Also Wildfire Scamp and Bishop I am stuck and don't know what to do to intro you, please tell me what we need or what you are doing in relationship to Nekekami.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Really, I'm just looking at the area from an Ares point of view, standard setup or no, where would they most likely position things, and see if there's anything outside the usual setup.
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Uh, I thought it was pretty clear I'd been accidentally written out of the next couple hours? I can't join up again until they're done with this recon, correct?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

My bag, I misunderstood then. I was under the opinion something else entirely was happening. So thats me.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Smoke: Your astral recon reveals as follows:

There is no set astral security, no wards of any nature, nor bound spirits in use. None of the guards manning the entry points are magically enhanced or active.

The staff/guards are not heavily cybered, nor do they show signs of cybermantic tampering.

Some residents may be magically active, but only trace signs are evident.

The places aura is as vivid as a prepackeaged box that has a bright red label that simply says:

Excitement!

Wildfire: No imediate signals to lead you to believe anything in the area is out of the ordinary. Some trid equipment to monitor ATMS and PanicButton™ stations, but nothing that appears to put your team at risk.

Scamp: I just had smoke a fatty and bump some music while this shit went down, for lack of a better thing to do, let me know if you want that changed in any way.

Jeff your recon is done?
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Alright. You know, guys, I completely forgot about this until Paul posted.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Nekekami
Tasty Human

Post by Nekekami »

My recon is nearly done. Since I'm running front man here, time to put those pheromones and my glib tongue to use. A brief test of the guards, and then I'll be finished.
_Do not confuse luck with skill. - Terence Wei (Kenneth Tsang), The Replacement Killers
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Whom are we waiting for again?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Jeff we need you to reply to get this going, everyone else want to get themselves back to whereever you were meeting at-I believe the New Am.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm still in stasis, obviously; right now, I'm probably just /getting/ to the restaurant, so I'm still out of it until the recon is done, at least.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Jeff we are stalled pretty hard here? Whats the dealio?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Jeff Ultimaitum time. Nekekami is open for another player to assume that role in a week. In seven days Jeff you need to either post or I am opening the slot. Sorry.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Sweet Merciful Christ. I'd completely forgotten this was even here. Damn. Not really fair to pick up the slot, when you've got a player who's obviously more interested in it than I've shown myself to be. I've been working so much on my own Shadowrun and Battletech games, I haven't even looked at Bulldrek much, let alone this part of Bulldrek. GenCon, all that other jazz, new job, etc. My apologies Paul. Good luck with the new player, and good game to all. If you need anything Paul, email me. I've still got Nekekami's background and character sheet here, if you need any information.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Whoa, night of the living thread Paul... :) Assuming you're simply wanting to finish the game out I'd rather go slow with much nagging and let Jeff play Nekekami, but if you really have people who want to play in the game I suppose we can do that
_
"Are you alright?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Actually i would prefer Jeff. I haven't seen a post from him anywhere in forever-Of course I haven't searched, and I also have no idea what other accounts beyond Jeff he has. It was my hope he would notice the thread, and Bham he did!

If you still want to run this puppy, I want my JEff TV!
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Be careful who you're calling a puppy, there. ;)
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Serious Paul wrote:Actually i would prefer Jeff. I haven't seen a post from him anywhere in forever-Of course I haven't searched, and I also have no idea what other accounts beyond Jeff he has. It was my hope he would notice the thread, and Bham he did!

If you still want to run this puppy, I want my JEff TV!
Ask and ye shall receive. But be wary of what you wish for, as it might just come true.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

The face gives a knowing smirk, letting the men in on his little joke as they silently commiserate over the youth of today. He steps closer, slowly, but closes the distance between he and the men just a bit. His stance still relaxed, he begins to point around, trying to get some assistance on the lay of the land, and the easiest route back to Downtown and the Queen Anne's Hill area. He also makes sure to ask about the nearest gas station, as he needs to fill up before heading back.
Jeff you own.

Here is what you learned, that is beyond what you could scan from a yellow pages entry, since you were vastly successful, they were flattered, bamboozled and possibly thinking of hitting the switch, heh, so here is some useful:

These guys work 8 hour shifts, starting at 0800 lasting till 1600, etc...The guy you spoke with is the shiftsargent, and the highest ranking cat in this area. Apparently more than one valueable Ares employee stays here, which is why they rate a guard complimnet of this size.

Just glancing tells you they have light security armor-Jackets with armored clothes, heavy pistols for show, and SMG's and shotguns for trouble.

Their comm gear is good for just bumping each other across the sprawling complex, but in a real pinch it'd be junk. No encryption, no whistles.

I will add a few more things in just a bit.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Yeah, thanks Paul. I was rather happy with the post myself. I haven't played many face characters, and didn't really feel to happy with most of my posts so far. This had the first feeling of seeing how to really control folks through nothing more than social skill only. (Shout out to Frost on this one. I spent the time since I saw Paul's "return now" post re-reading Old Dogs. Much to be learned there. Nice work Earl. It's a small compliment, but every once in a while, it's nice to hear them, small or large.)

Okay. I'll start working on my post to converse with the back alley denizens now. Glad you liked it Paul. I took a fair amount of liberties in NPC reactions, so I didn't want to step on GM toes. But this is Paul I'm talking about. If I stepped on his toes, he'd either rape me or beat me about the head...or both. ;)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay I reviewed what I posted above and it is good as stands. Have at it. Also take notice, 32 has to fix my modem for me, so when that is accomplished my posting will get much more back on track.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Jeff why don't you PM me the plan, so I can say you're a crazy man, and we get you guys kill...I mean on the way. Heh. :lol
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Jeff I know you are dealing with a family emergency, so I hate to press you, so what i want to do is skip to Wildfires meet, and any other contacts Scamp or bishop want to make. Gryce will also need to be reintroduced. It may not be so realistically done, buts let figure it out, also Jeff if you'd like I can run Nekekami till you get back.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I just can't stomach not seeing my name as the last poster. Jeff status report?
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay lets break up from here, get Wildfire to her meet, get Gryce on board and this game moving.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

So I was going to post and all, but ah...I can't find the name of the guy or the place on the threads here and I am not going to hit 0.2 at work. So if you happen to read this before, say 7ish Paul and you remember, please tell me :) If not I will go slogging through tonight.
_
"Are you alright?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I can't remember but screw consistency, so lets say:

" The guy you want is Arthur McBride, he works for ARES Macrotech, is available at St. Nicholas Cathedral, tommorrow at noon. He'll be in the rear most pew, approach him and recite the following from Revelations 13:10

"If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go."

And he will respond:

"If anyone is to be killed witht he sword, with the sword he will be killed."

"He will talk for thirty minutes. No more no less."

"Any questions?"
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Sounds right, thanks much :)
_
"Are you alright?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay Jeff you are officially terminated from the Speak team. My apologies if this seems harsh, but I want a player who has the time to pay the attention I want to the game. If you have any questions, complaints or whatever feel free to email me.

Everyone else: I am currently recruiting someone to take over Nekekami, I will let you know when I find someone.

Scamp if you are still in please PMme, or else I will begin to look for a new player for the Grip too.
TheScamp
Wuffle Trainer

Post by TheScamp »

Yep, I'd like to still be a part of things. I'll be able to put up something tonight or tomorrow morning.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Its chintzy but it gets Gryce back in the game.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Okay get yoursleves to the Razors Edge.