IRC One-shot: You don't know what its like...

A forum for PB3 [Play By Bulletin Board] roleplaying of any and all roleplaying games. For clarity, please state the name of the game you're playing in the subject line.
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

IRC One-shot: You don't know what its like...

Post by Wildfire »

Call this the idea fermentation thread :) This will be a one shot Shadowrun game run over IRC, as many as will, but first come, first power of scheduling. Ideally sometime before November :)

You are the model employee, the one that makes the family pround, who does your job well and reliably. Your only flaw is that you talk to "that one". The one relative that nobody wants to associate with. Everyone says its okay, every family has one, but they don't know your family. "That one" is a criminal, a shadowrunner in slang terms, but to you just not the family you'd introduce your date to.

The problem is, you've just gotten a letter, a letter that promises you a million nuyen as the person named in "that one" 's will. If you can fill his or her shoes for a week. If you can survive a week as a runner, the money is yours. You've decided to accept, why is up to you, but you have a name, a time, and a place to show up, and see what its like.

Fire away responses or questions :)
_
"Are you alright?"
"I'm a little fucked up in general so its hard to tell."
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Much ass-kicking is involved here, Wild. I'm in. Saturday nights tend to be the best for me, and give me chargen info (if you think any is required) asap! :)
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Oooh, this could be fun. I've contemplated a char like that before, but never had a good excuse. Send me the details also. :)

And here I thought I was burned out on SR.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Too bad I am not going to be able to play this, it sounds sweet. I definitely think you should think writing this up as a short story...
OverLord
Wuffle Initiate

Post by OverLord »

I am intrigued by your idea and wish to subscribe to your newsletter...
"If we would guide by the light of reason, we must let our minds be bold."
~Louis Brandeis
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Duh....

Okay, I'd kinda given up on this as dead, so let me scramble together the notes I had about it :) I'll be quick, I promise :)
_
"Are you alright?"
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

If you need any help on the GM side, let me know, I'll help.
Durndal
Tasty Human

Post by Durndal »

I have been considering this for a while. I think you could pull it off.

Oh yeah...great idea :D
In the begining the universe was created, this has made many people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move-Douglas Adams(RIP)
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Its not hard if people are willing to go in knowing they are underpowered and scared :) Mostly what I need to find is the character creation guildlines.
_
"Are you alright?"
Durndal
Tasty Human

Post by Durndal »

What if you use the point base system but only give the players 60 points instead of 120
In the begining the universe was created, this has made many people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move-Douglas Adams(RIP)
Wildfire
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Wildfire »

Honestly, numbers are numbers, and matter crap as I can always make up higher ones. Its the ideas on what skills were allowed, what knowledge, etc, besides the obvious need to find the 2 sentance summary of what exactly I had in mind
_
"Are you alright?"
Durndal
Tasty Human

Post by Durndal »

Well in that case

A limit on how high weapons skills can be, low pistols, now heavy or laser weapons, basic car and boat skills, no aircraft or submarine. Very little points to melee combat exept unarmed, judo, etc. Basic knowlage skills no in-depth street, ganger lingos, etc.
Attributes may have one high but the rest suffer or low attributes all around.

Just trying to be helpful :)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I think hand made characters would be best Wildfire. Custom all the way.