Armed March on DC?

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Armed March on DC?

Post by Bonefish »

http://www.adamvstheman.com/open-carry- ... arry130704

So.. these guys want an open carry protest march on DC. I for one think this is a terrible idea. It cannot end well.

But... Thoughts?
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

So...how did it end?
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

I guess it never happened. I personally feel like it was a totally bad idea: you're forcing police to decide between the laws the enforce and how they feel. And i basically just feel this is a *bad* idea. Like, it just begs for an escalation of force that isn't healthy.

Dude, I would totally march on washington if I had a day off/could schedule my vacation in support. But the idea of marching, ARMED, ony my nation's capital just sticks oddly with me. Like, It just seems like it invites a bad outcome.

I dunno, your whole "escalation of force" shit you've been talking about for like, a decade? Some of it(not nearly all of it) has stuck with me, and got me feeling like this is a bad idea.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

US Constitution, Art 1 Section 8, "The Congress shall have Power To...provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;...."

http://constitution.findlaw.com/

Yeah, the whole exercise sounds like a superlatively bad idea.
-call me Andy, dammit