Blood IS love.

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Blood IS love.

Post by Bonefish »

So, as you guys may know, I'm seeing a girl who rocks my world. She's intelligent, quirky, witty, loving and kind. She's beautiful and curvacious and our sexual dispositions are favorable to each other. She's also, 100% crazy.

She has had some issues lately, stemming from past relationships that have gone very badly, so she tends to look at ours through that filter, and her parents marriage of 29 years is starting to fray apart at the seams, so that also colors her opinion on whether or not we can truely be happy.

Well, the other night, while we were fucking around, she cut herself, and somehow decided to cut me(with my permission) to "prove a point". Two hour emergency room visit and 13 stitches later, she's come to a few conclussions: I really do care about heri wasn't even mad) and that she doesn't feel like cutting herself anymore.

So, you know, kinda cool.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

I always knew you were Robert Pattinson.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

I like that things are feeling good for you, but I suggest counseling. There's chill and then there's "letting someone endanger me with a smile".

On the other hand, if this stunt really is some kind of catalyst that helps her get healthy, what do I know?
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I'm really happy for you! I'm definitely glad you've found someone. Now, for the part you knew was coming:

One of my ex-girlfriends had a dad who used to send her mom to the emergency room. Afterward, he always said it wouldn't happen again. It always did.

I wish nothing but the best for you, but once is probably enough. If you decide you like her enough to take the risk, allow twice - that's my policy on cheating, too. But don't ever let there be a third time.

Be cautious, and smart. It doesn't have to burn to be real. Love is not blood.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Nah, you're right. However, it was consensual, and I'm hoping that it helps her to realize how dangerous it was, and help her stop hurting herself.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

And it's important to remember that she can stop. This could be just a phase, just a person she'll grow out of being. Many, many cutters stop when they're in their 20s, either as they slowly change through the course of their lives, or abruptly due to some major change. Ultimately, this expression of her anguish is less significant than identifying its source, and dealing with that.