Custom Computer Stuff

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

Custom Computer Stuff

Post by Serious Paul »

What is some of the coolest stuff you've seen some one do with their computer? I recall Uncle Joseph used to get Maximum PC and they had a back page section on sweet machines.
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by sinsual »

I can't find the picture now, but a WoW player had his gamer rig built into a portion of his 100G salt water fish tank. The portion that housed the components was separated from the salt water by sealed dividers, and was cooled by an external pump moving vegetable oil. If the oil happened to get into the water it would not cause damage like mineral oil would.
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

My takeaway is this: if you can imagine it, it can be done. I've seen cases built into furniture, cases made out of wood, transparent UV-reactive cases that glow under blacklight, totally open cases, cases that look like ammo crates from video games, cases made out of radios, even a case built into a mech. I don't find most of these very interesting in themselves, but like a lot of these round-ups, they're a good way to brainstorm new possibilities. And your brother, it turns out, built a device he and I believe can be used to very precisely cut up a computer case into all sorts of interesting shapes. So like I say, if you can imagine it, it can be done. Just times time, money, and talent, although surpluses of each can make up for deficits of the others.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

You know I bet that second one would appeal to someone I know... :)