Shadowrun Returns

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Nicephorus
Bulldrekker

Shadowrun Returns

Post by Nicephorus »

I'm sure you've all heard of this but it's pretty cool they've got a kickstarter that's going to be funded for a Shadowrun video game. 26 thousand supporters and 1.2 million raised so far. Jason Weisman comes off very charismatic in the video.

In some ways, the game sounds rather backwards so I'm not surprised that he had trouble getting funding. It's 2D and turn based. But I don't give a crap about 3D graphics and turn based works better for some things. And it's supposed to be released with a level editor.

I'm happy enough that they're going to get a shot that I put down $15 for the game.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161 ... un-returns
Sorry. I meant "psychometric analysis" in the Biblical sense. - Tip Wilkin.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I'm hesitant to support either portion of this-the video game, which I see as potentially drawing attention away from the pen and paper RPG (Obviously not necessarily a certainty); and the RPG which seems somewhat interesting, but kind of makes me wonder if simply making SR 4.75 isn't just the equivalent of trying to copy Pathfinder?

I won't kick in any cash, but I'll watch. And maybe even buy the pen and paper RPG.