Lost Girl

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Lost Girl

Post by WillyGilligan »

For those of you not wasting time watching TV, Lost Girl is a new show capitalizing on the current wave of fairy tale popularity. It's shot beautifully in the way that everything is nowadays, and the basic premise is alright (woman with freaky powers she doesn't understand turns out to be a succubus and gets involved in the Masquera--I mean fae politics.

Here's the thing. I've gamed a bit in my day. I've said a lot of goofy crap at the table that was hi-LARious given the setting and the friends and all that. I've even had that awkward moment where I try to explain to someone who wasn't there why we're all laughing at "elf-kabong" or whatever, and the audience gets that look in their eyes that says "I'm going to stand here and drift off to my happy place until this dork finishes talking."

This show's dialogue is like a solid hour of being the audience of some dork trying to tell their gaming story. The girl is a succubus, and she drains people by kissing them. So obviously she spends about 10 minutes a show kissing random girls (who've NEVER...but it's kind of nice...) And there's a wisecracking plucky sidekick...more of a dumb cracking sidekick. Here's an example:

*nom nom nom*
Plucky sidekick: Hey! You're killing her. Let go!
Heroine: *comes to and releases the victim* Thanks for the cock-block.

It's all like this. Stuff that I'd laugh at from a guy drinking Mt Dew over a dice jenga tower, but I can't believe anyone thought was worth a paycheck over. But my wife likes it, so I get to hear it from the computer once a week. ergh.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.