Shadowrun Gun Talk

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
No-Life Loser

Shadowrun Gun Talk

Post by 3278 »

So Ray, does this happen a lot to you? It really is cool to see how you've become The Guy about this specific thing in Shadowrun. People definitely ask my opinion on stuff, but I can't think of any single topic where people say, "Oh, you've got a question about the history of chimneys? You've got to ask 32: he's your guy for this."
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I was just going to try and summon him. :)
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Re: Shadowrun Gun Talk

Post by Raygun »

3278 wrote:So Ray, does this happen a lot to you? It really is cool to see how you've become The Guy about this specific thing in Shadowrun. People definitely ask my opinion on stuff, but I can't think of any single topic where people say, "Oh, you've got a question about the history of chimneys? You've got to ask 32: he's your guy for this."
Only there I guess, and it can't be very often, or people aren't calling my attention to it. I've been so far out of the Shadowrun loop for a while now... I do miss playing, though. :)

Not exactly sure what to say in there...
It's all about crystal meth and Gwar. - Hauze
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Sometimes those people are really, really dumb. Heh. I just missed you and figured it'd be nice to check in and see how you were! And the misses, of course!
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Serious Paul wrote:Sometimes those people are really, really dumb. Heh.
Ah, the good ol' days... :)
I just missed you and figured it'd be nice to check in and see how you were! And the misses, of course!
:) We're good. Not much new around here to talk about. Had a whole wall of our house replaced a couple months back. That's about as interesting as things get around here! Otherwise, same old shit. Work, sleep, work, sleep, work, beer, sleep, shoot things, sleep, work, sleep. Pretty much.

How about you guys? How's biz? Iantha carve up any animals recently? :)
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Ohhhhh yeah.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Iantha still wants to butcher bigger and better things. She snagged the kiddo a dissection kit and a microscope for christmas. Beyond that I'm back to work after a five month suspension-an investigation that was resolved with all charges being dropped, and me being cleared of all accusations. (Which I knew from the beginning would happen.) Game Day today!
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Serious Paul wrote:Iantha still wants to butcher bigger and better things. She snagged the kiddo a dissection kit and a microscope for christmas. Beyond that I'm back to work after a five month suspension-an investigation that was resolved with all charges being dropped, and me being cleared of all accusations. (Which I knew from the beginning would happen.)
Was that five months ago? Jesus, time flies. Well, that's good to hear. Glad it turned out okay. You seemed a bit worried about it at the beginning.

I keep trying to post in that thread on Dumpshock again, but I just can't seem to make myself do it. A) There are a lot of real-world things to set people straight on after 8 pages, and B) I can't relate those things to SR4 in any meaningful fashion. *shrug* Ah well.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Don't feel bad. In some ways I keep wondering what keeps me there.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I fucking hate it there. I really want to get away, to remove it from the pinned tabs I have in Chrome. It's so retarded, and predictably retarded. I've seen this play so many times before, and with much better actors the first several times around.

Ask a rules question, get 20 responses before anyone ever, a) opens a book, or, b) quotes a fucking rule or cites a fucking page number. Then follow this with 200 pages of chest-beating and dick measuring about what the rule means. Ask a setting question that requires effort to answer, silence; if it's a setting question that people can call each other wrong about, 200 pages. Whatever is easy, that's all they'll do; whatever lets them forget how tiny their penises are, that's what they'll do. It's just so wearying.

So I should definitely go to that better Shadowrun forum...oh, right. That's as good as it gets. Fuck.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

"Yeah, but it's the only game in town!" - on being told that a Faro game in Cairo, Illinois was crooked.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

3278 wrote:I fucking hate it there. I really want to get away, to remove it from the pinned tabs I have in Chrome. It's so retarded, and predictably retarded. I've seen this play so many times before, and with much better actors the first several times around.

Ask a rules question, get 20 responses before anyone ever, a) opens a book, or, b) quotes a fucking rule or cites a fucking page number. Then follow this with 200 pages of chest-beating and dick measuring about what the rule means. Ask a setting question that requires effort to answer, silence; if it's a setting question that people can call each other wrong about, 200 pages. Whatever is easy, that's all they'll do; whatever lets them forget how tiny their penises are, that's what they'll do. It's just so wearying.

So I should definitely go to that better Shadowrun forum...oh, right. That's as good as it gets. Fuck.
I answered that exchange rate question; reposting, so you don't have to go there:
Presuming that US interest rates remain on-trend and directly carry over to UCAS dollars (which, given the sort of stuff that goes down in SR's setting, is hardly a given) $1US 2011 would be worth approx. $6UCAS 2050, so 1.16 nuyen (2050.) Either the author of that bit of NAGtRL did some research and found that the trend inflation post-WWII is ~500% over 50 years and just extrapolated that forward or they got really lucky.