All tied-up(Bondage and BDSM)

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

All tied-up(Bondage and BDSM)

Post by Bonefish »

So... Things are going well with my lady friend, but while we were discussing our fantasies, she brought up one, and it was almost spot on for what I want too. Buuut... I'm not sure how to do the tie-ups, and since I know we have atleast ONE experienced perv, I figured, where else to go to but my Bulldrek family.

So Sin, any advice?
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

There are websites-they can literally take you through it step by step. S&M pretty much bores me, but after reading this I did a search on Google and literally found dozens of websites with step by step pictures and videos. I mean you can learn to fix a washing machine online, why not this?
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Serious Paul wrote:There are websites-they can literally take you through it step by step. S&M pretty much bores me, but after reading this I did a search on Google and literally found dozens of websites with step by step pictures and videos. I mean you can learn to fix a washing machine online, why not this?
If you screw up while fixing your washing machine, the machine doesn't press charges.

That said, I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I'd definitely council taking it slow. Start simple and work from there.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

Start slow, and communicate well.

More specifically, it really depends on what you're looking for. If she just wants to be tied to the bed and fucked, then that scenario kind of writes itself: get some rope and go to town. I'm sure you can at least tie a knot. If you don't have a sturdy headboard, feeding the rope under the bed can work alright. Nylon's nice, and cheap; silk's a bit more expensive, and not necessarily "bondage-y" enough for some tastes. Some people use ties and belts, but they tend to rip and tear. Para chord is pretty similar to the ropes you'll find in sex shops, and super cheap and easy to work with. Make sure to wrap it around her wrists or ankles or whatever a couple times before you tie it; this makes it more difficult to get out of, and less likely to tear the skin. If you happen to be interested in shibari, though, a special sort of rope is required.

Now, if her/your tastes are more exotic, well, the greater internet is your friend. Sit down together, and browse through one of the many online stores catering to this stuff. That's a good way to get an idea about what's possible and what's available. And there are, of course, a million resources, from tutorials to forums, out there. The BDSM community on the internet is massive.

And, whatever you do, don't buy any fuzzy handcuffs. Fuzzy handcuffs are to BDSM what Justin Bieber is to music. Don't buy cheap handcuffs in general, really: the real thing is so much sturdier, more reliable, and just sexier.
The sun shines in my bedroom
when you play;
and the rain it always starts
when you go away
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Also, don't confuse the BDSM and washing machine tutorials in the middle of activities. No really. Don't. The washing machine will NEVER call you back.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Hm, so paracord can work? How exotic can you get with paracord? I've been looking at TwistedMonk.com for tutorials on some simple tie-ups, and their full body harness appeals to me.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Bonefish wrote:Hm, so paracord can work? How exotic can you get with paracord?
If you want something that will burn the shit out of your partner, yes. I carry 550 cord handcuffs as a standard item on my assault vest (small, light, eminently useful for the live ones on the objective.) But people try to get out of them and have nasty burns when you untie or cut them off. It's thin, abrasive cord.
-call me Andy, dammit
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Oh THIS isn't going to end well.

:D
It's all about crystal meth and Gwar. - Hauze
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

That washing machine is never going to call him back either.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

If you're going to do ropes, theres a lot to worry about. But I can recommend one thing: Siccors. Like, for easy quick release. And not the good quick release.

Start slow, start with fuzzy handcuffs. Some people find thats erotic enough, and the rest can be a bit scary. Thats the way with my girlfriend, atleast.

Are you going to go for the full shibari bondage or are you going to keep it simple and just tie her to the bedpost and do whatever it is you do.
Funny, yet sad. Kinda like getting tit-fucked by a clown.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

paladin2019 wrote:
Bonefish wrote:It's thin, abrasive cord.
Now now, Bone is asking us for help. If all he has to work with is a thin abrasive cord then I'm sure he'll do just fine with it.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Well, I guess as long as he doesn't try to hang himself from a drop ceiling with it, he'll be okay. :cute
-call me Andy, dammit
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

Can we just get this out in the air? Bone is the one wanting to be tied up. Specifically face down on a public park bench.

There, I said it. Discuss.
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Bonefish wrote:Hm, so paracord can work?
I can't really help you with tying up the willing - not really my thing - but I can definitely help you with rope. My advice on that would be: don't use paracord. Not in its base form, anyway: it's just too thin, and won't hold weight for long without the kind of discomfort people usually aren't into. [Some people are: you just have to ask/try.] What you can do, if paracord is your thing, is braid it, preferably more than once; you're trying to balance pliability [for tying knots] with load-distribution [for not cutting lady up].

My advice? Get a good length of decent-sized twisted - not braided, twisted - rope, in cotton or silk. Curtain ties are often used. They spread load well, are tough enough to pull against, and if you leave yourself enough length, aren't too tough to tie. Also, it'll be useful even if she's all like, "Nope, that wasn't for me."
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

SumDumQuim wrote:Can we just get this out in the air? Bone is the one wanting to be tied up. Specifically face down on a public park bench.

There, I said it. Discuss.
It's like I'm at work....:p
sinsual
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Re: All tied-up(Bondage and BDSM)

Post by sinsual »

Bonefish wrote:

So Sin, any advice?
I teach by demonstration. Your welcome to swing by the house and I will be more than happy to demonstrate on her for you...
www.evieshope.com
No infant should have Eye Cancer...
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

It's really a shame we don't have a TMI thread...
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

You can get handcuffs that link with carbine hooks, making for quick repositioning.
\m/
Anguirel
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Anguirel »

If it's the restraints more than the ropes and knots and such, I found a simple set of under-bed cuffs and straps worked pretty well - around $30 on Amazon. This one, I think.
complete. dirty. whore.
_Patience said: Ang, you are truly a font of varied and useful information.
IRC Fun:
<Reika> What a glorious way to die.
<Jackal> What are you, Klingon?
<Reika> Worse, a paladin.
<Jackal> We're all fucked.