Diamond Planet

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Diamond Planet

Post by DV8 »

Read this; The Diamond Planet. This is going to escalate engagement ring demands astronomically!
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Or more up the Module's alley (as Mike said elsewhere): "Think about it. Diamond planet might mean a liquid diamond core."
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

Astronomically. I see what you did there.
Funny, yet sad. Kinda like getting tit-fucked by a clown.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I've been thinking a lot about this, and I just can't figure out why we don't send an unmanned mission to this place, just because it's so awesome, and it's really not that far away.
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

3278 wrote:I've been thinking a lot about this, and I just can't figure out why we don't send an unmanned mission to this place, just because it's so awesome, and it's really not that far away.
Err, it's 4,000 light-years.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Salvation122 wrote:
3278 wrote:I've been thinking a lot about this, and I just can't figure out why we don't send an unmanned mission to this place, just because it's so awesome, and it's really not that far away.
Err, it's 4,000 light-years.
Right. It's not really that far away. ;)
-call me Andy, dammit
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Yeah, that's really close. I would say that, to a first approximation, everything in the universe is further away than that!

Okay, so I was remembering it being closer. We could probably afford to wait another few years, then.