Professional Stress

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

Professional Stress

Post by Serious Paul »

So I can't go into the details, but I am going to have a lot more free time on my hands. Not only have been injured multiple times in the last few days in some pretty serious incidents, but one of them has...ahem may potentially result in some professional difficulties. I can not discuss the specifics of an ongoing investigation-and I don't think this si the sort of thing that will result in me residing where I work, but there could potentially be some fairly serious ramifications.

I need to share this with someone because frankly I am under some stress levels right now that's pretty difficult for me to cope with. I will shoulder the burden, etc..etc...motivating tough sounding speech right here. I appreciate any support I get, but do not expect any.
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

It's a tough job and we're thankful someone is doing it. Hope you heal up well, SP.
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

PMed
The sun shines in my bedroom
when you play;
and the rain it always starts
when you go away
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Here's hoping for the best, big guy.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

We are here for you Paul with any support we can provide.
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, Paul. Speaking for myself, I have enough responsibilities and stress in my personal life and sometimes it gets a little overwhelming when stress starts to build up in my professional life. I tend to just knuckle down and remind myself that I'm a very privileged guy in a many aspects and that I shouldn't complain so much, but it takes its toll, no matter what your outlook is. If you're anything like me, I can imagine that an investigation into allegations, real or imagined, isn't helping the overall quality of your life.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

You got a chaplain on staff? Most of the Army's are counselors by training, not divinity majors, and function primarily in that role.

Otherwise, I recommend spending some quality time with a heavy bag or pell. As long as it's not self-ambulatory. That might cause more trouble.
-call me Andy, dammit
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

While we do have a "Chaplain", he generally deals with the "residents, as it were. besides I prefer the heavy bag to any kind of religion. But seeing as I'm laid up for a few weeks at least, I'm afraid I'll be settling for this instead. Heh.

Thanks everyone for your support. My brother, who's also active duty military, and I were discussing it-and he thinks I've actually seen more combat than he has in several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. (I say that's garbage-but agree that I've seen a lot of what could be considered "combat" in my time.)
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

Dude, I hope life stops dressing you out soon. Don't let the Man keep you down.
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Ithought paul was The Man?
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

If I'm the man you're the man as well...
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

But if that's true, what do I do with this finger?
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

I've got a few ideas, that mostly involve your ass.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

This week we needed a couple of thousand parts added to the website. It sounds like a lot of work, and in some ways it is, but I have ways of making the work not just [comparatively] easy, but even enjoyable. It's long hours, but working from home, at my own pace, periodically being interrupted to quote some pricing or take an order. And somehow, it all seemed very stressful: oh, the long [enjoyable] hours [at my house] of work [typing and thinking, while watching The Daily Show].

It's the easiest work in the world, and yet there's still something that makes it feel like this terrible imposition. Until you talk with somebody whose job is guarding prisoners for a living. My job is cake; it's cake compared to most cake jobs, and it still feels tough. It just amazes me that there are people who serve in these roles, these impossible roles, getting stabbed and assaulted and threatened all day, people like Paul and his brother and Joseph and more than a couple of you. Whatever it is that they have, I don't have in me. And I know they do it for their own reasons, not just to serve, not just out of idealism, but I don't have any of those reasons, myself.

We also serve, who sit and listen, who build computers, who fix cars. I can't pick up a weapon, and stand a post, but I serve in my way, where I can. I'm always here when needed.