I think i found the woman i love.

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

I think i found the woman i love.

Post by Bonefish »

Some of you(Ok, Sum Dum Quim) will know eyebrows. Others want. But she might be the woman of my dreams. We just spent the last hour sharing videos of military hardware blowing shit up. And, well, she's a really good kisser.

How do you know when you've found the one is the question?
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
Nicephorus
Bulldrekker

Post by Nicephorus »

It's not always a lightning moment like in the movies. Just go with it and see how it goes without putting labels on it right away.
No-Life Loser

Re: I think i found the woman i love.

Post by 3278 »

Bonefish wrote:How do you know when you've found the one is the question?
You don't. You don't ever know. But that's okay, you don't have to know.

And the question itself is probably meaningless, anyway: there's almost certainly no "one" person for everyone. What there are, instead, are people, who fit together and please each other to varying degrees. If she pleases you a lot, that's plenty! Trying to figure out if she's the single individual in all of time who was crafted to be your perfect match is probably setting yourself up for frustrated expectations. Just shut up and enjoy the kissing.
Nicephorus
Bulldrekker

Post by Nicephorus »

3278 wrote: Trying to figure out if she's the single individual in all of time who was crafted to be your perfect match is probably setting yourself up for frustrated expectations. Just shut up and enjoy the kissing.
Well put. TV/movies/books have warped expectations. My sister-in-law is still single at over 35 and I think it's mainly because of overly strong expectations.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Nicephorus wrote:Well put. TV/movies/books have warped expectations. My sister-in-law is still single at over 35 and I think it's mainly because of overly strong expectations.
That, or she just figured out that you're all a bunch of suckers who fell for the Mon Calamari trap.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
WillyGilligan
Wuffle Trainer

Post by WillyGilligan »

3278 wrote:
Bonefish wrote:How do you know when you've found the one is the question?
You don't. You don't ever know. But that's okay, you don't have to know.

And the question itself is probably meaningless, anyway: there's almost certainly no "one" person for everyone. What there are, instead, are people, who fit together and please each other to varying degrees. If she pleases you a lot, that's plenty! Trying to figure out if she's the single individual in all of time who was crafted to be your perfect match is probably setting yourself up for frustrated expectations. Just shut up and enjoy the kissing.
Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to.
J. R. R. Tolkien, Letter to Michael Tolkien, March 1941
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, become critics. They also misapply overly niggling inerpretations of Logical Fallacies in place of arguing anything at all.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Well, I'll definitely let ya'll know how it all works out. :D
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

This will end in tears.
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Of course it will. Bone cries all the time.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

You really should use lube Jeff, that's just mean right there.
Nicephorus
Bulldrekker

Post by Nicephorus »

You know his motto. Blood is Life. Blood is Lube.
Sorry. I meant "psychometric analysis" in the Biblical sense. - Tip Wilkin.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Worked out pretty fuckin' well. Lotta firsts for me.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Yet another thread where people are trying to stop Bone from inadvertently killing himself.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

I fuckin' deserve a medal for survival.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

We are supposed to be trying to STOP him. Shit.

I need to stop skimming these threads and really read them, all those head games gone to waste.