Dinner

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Dinner

Post by DV8 »

I just had sushi, sashimi and yakitori for dinner. Now that I've stuffed myself with lean proteine, I'm going to do some work on Corrosion.

What did you savages have for dinner? Or what will you have for dinner later?
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Probably left overs from the baked garlic chicken I made monday. It was a big bird! Tasty too.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

The mother has demanded lobster for her birthday dinner this evening, so we shall consume several of the mutant seabugs.
The sun shines in my bedroom
when you play;
and the rain it always starts
when you go away
Pdyx
Tasty Human

Post by Pdyx »

It's the end of the month and our food budget is spent, so whatever I can scrounge together. There's some pasta and sauce, some lettuce and a few other veggies, so probably pasta and a salad.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

I am eying some chicken and cheese ravioli in the freezer with leftover broccoli. I am on spicy restriction so probably and Alfredo.
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Pan-seared mahi-mahi with sauteed onions, garlic and capers, cilantro lime cream sauce, steamed jasmine rice.
It's all about crystal meth and Gwar. - Hauze
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

FUCK that sounds good right about now.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

It was so goos Deev. Our little Ray here is becoming quite the home cook, this was his own recipe and I have never eaten better before, and that ain't love talking either.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Kangaroo meat and pancakes.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

Crazy Elf wrote:Kangaroo meat and pancakes.
Nina has been out hunting again? Awesome! Send me the claws.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

MREs
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

Why would someone intentionally eat MRE's?
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

SumDumQuim wrote:Why would someone intentionally eat MRE's?
Because they're made with deliciousness.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

What meals did you have? Some of them are righteously tasty.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

UncleJoseph wrote:
SumDumQuim wrote:Why would someone intentionally eat MRE's?
Because they're made with deliciousness.
I believe your pants to be on fire sir.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

home made pita with feta cheese. It was supposed to be falafel in it, but either way, friggin' delicious.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Homemade pizza with spicy red pepper/cabarnet marinara mixed sauce, Parmesan cheese, garlic and onion browned loose sausage. Some fresh kiwi/pineapple/strawberries for dessert, and some sliced up cucumbers, green peppers, and carrots as a side.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Pizza Hut delivery. Cheese, bacon and sausage stuffed crust, meat lovers on one half, Hawaiian on the other.

The chicken I got out didn't thaw in time.

Tomorrow will be roast chicken with rice and rainbow chard.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Last night I had two pancakes (French style), one with slices of apple, one with cheese. :)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Pancakes (French style)? Does that translate to crepes?
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

Well they're not the fluffy ones that you get served at IHOP, so I guess so, though these are a bit thicker than crepes though.

had three myself. One with apple and two with bacon...hmmmm. My gf rocks for preparing dinner for our gaming group :)
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Pancakes (French style)? Does that translate to crepes?
Yeah, pretty much, though true crepes, like Heavy D said, are usually just a mite thinner.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Jeff Hauze wrote:Pancakes (French style)? Does that translate to crepes?
No, they're pancakes that run away from sauerkraut.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

*zing!*
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Vinegar-brined baby back ribs with Stubb's sauce, SDQ's homemade potato salad, Hawaiian rolls. Yeuh!!!
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Cracker meal and Parmesan crusted chicken breasts, pan fried then finished in the oven.

Side dish of succotash (Lima beans, white and yellow corn, diced tomatoes, peas and carrots, seasoned with a pepper medley and kosher salt).T
tri-color pearl couscous, curry seasoned.

And made a delightful cream sauce, started with onions, garlic and tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, whipping cream and half and half (one small carton of each), seasoned with simple salt and pepper, and finished with honey, red wine vinegar and dijon mustard. Fed 11 people, and had one hell of a lot of leftovers.

My wife made her typical pink stuff - kind of like a jello salad. Whipped cream, cottage cheese, crushed pineapple (drained well) ,and what ever flavor gelatin you prefer. She did it this time with black cherry. It was good, but richer then most of the other ones we've had. It was a delightful meal.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

The Ninja and I now get a box of fruit and vegetables delivered to the front door once a week from Aussie Farmers Direct, which is the greatest thing ever. Now ever week we have to work out what the hell we're going to do with a box full of random vegetables. This week we'll be eating pumpkin soup, pasta bake with ricotta cheese, zucchini, cabbage and broccoli, and a crap load of fruit.

It's really one of the greatest things ever.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

While not random, box o' the greens and the colors is quite good. I pick one up every weekend at the local auction/farmer's market. $20 a week gets me just under 30 oranges, 3 cucumbers, 3 green peppers, a head of Romaine, four to six vine tomatoes, two packages of grape or cherry tomatoes, a 5 lb of carrots, 3 or so red beets, a bunch of celery, six or so apples, and some assorted mix of bananas, pineapple, kiwis, and some sort of berries. More than enough for whatever we're making that week, plus a bunch of fruit and veggie juice throughout the week.
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Jeff Hauze wrote:While not random, box o' the greens and the colors is quite good.
That actually sounds like a great deal, although I'm not sure about referring to black people as "colors" or buying them. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that any more.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Crazy Elf wrote:That actually sounds like a great deal, although I'm not sure about referring to black people as "colors" or buying them. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that any more.
Nah, it's cool. The guys in the white hoods on the corner of Main Street the first Saturday of every month say so. I mean, my town still has a law on the books (repealed, but not removed) that "those people" have to be off the streets before sunset.

Jokes aside, it is kind of sad. PA has a larger number of hate groups in the state than any other state in the nation, and a larger Klan membership than any state in the South.
Nicephorus
Bulldrekker

Post by Nicephorus »

Crazy Elf wrote:The Ninja and I now get a box of fruit and vegetables delivered to the front door once a week from Aussie Farmers Direct, which is the greatest thing ever. Now ever week we have to work out what the hell we're going to do with a box full of random vegetables.
That would be awesome. I'll have to see if wwe have anything like that at any of the former's markets. I like the idea of receiving ingredients and then figuring out what to make instead of planning a menu without inspiration.

There's a house nearby that sells veggies out of their garage on the honor system. Didn't go much last year due to road construction. I'll have to get back in the habit.
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

Mashed potato with leek, and garlicy coriander meatballs.
Funny, yet sad. Kinda like getting tit-fucked by a clown.
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

The other night we made a shitload of homemade tamales, Mexican rice, refried beans, salsa verde and salad. We've been eating tamales for three days now. Homemade tamales are motherfucking awesome. Unfortunately, there are consequences. If it weren't for SDQ's 'siren song' the next morning, they would be all win. But I'm pretty sure I could be diagnosed with PTSD right now.