Trip Planning: New York

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

Trip Planning: New York

Post by Serious Paul »

In the second to last week of July we will be heading to upstate New York to visit my brother. We're planning on heading to NYC proper, but right now I need some help planning this trip. I'd like to camp out at least one night, and Iantha really wants to see one of the Zoos. We all want to see the Statue of Liberty. So I am asking for your help. Know of a place for people with tents, and old fashioned cast iron cookware to camp? Any tips on where to stay in the city? Things to see?
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

I'm not a fan of the Syracuse zoo. It's crap, complete and utter crap. Then again, I live an hour or so away from a stellar Zoo, so I may have higher expectations than most folks. But I was not impressed by the Syracuse Zoo.
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

Nice Bone, now he has cancelled his whole trip. The kid is crying, Iantha? Bereft. Way to go.
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

Well, everyone would have been disappointed with the syracuse zoo, any way! I just spared the misery of going to a zoo, thinking you're going to see something cool, and instead feeling like you walked into a prison/sanitorium!
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I know nothing of upstate NY but I've spent a lot of time in NYC but I can't imagine you need suggestions for that. :)
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

Now there's a man with a brain. Says he's going to New York, and then decides against it. Good plan.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

Yeah, we've decided on Tahquamenon Falls instead. So excited!
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

Iantha wrote:Yeah, we've decided on Tahquamenon Falls instead. So excited!
Beautiful up there...are going to do some day hiking?
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Last year, Ana and I did Lake Muskellunge / Pictured Rocks / Tahquamenon, and I'm thinking maybe this year we'll through-hike Pictured Rocks. Or maybe North or South Manitou, or Garden Island.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

UncleJoseph wrote:
Iantha wrote:Yeah, we've decided on Tahquamenon Falls instead. So excited!
Beautiful up there...are going to do some day hiking?
Yep. We are probably going to have a couple groups going, though. We are going to have a couple of younger kids with is - a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old. The 6 yr old can hang; he's like Mini Superman. The 4 yr old will be a little less able to go on long or rough hikes, so we'll have to have fun stuff for the younger group as well as the older group.