The thing about Bulldrek that I've really, really missed?

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

The thing about Bulldrek that I've really, really missed?

Post by Van Der Litreb »

This smiley right here: :crack

And before anyone starts a "So, what've you been up to?"-thread (thought I suppose that would be moot, given Facebook), :crack also perfectly describes my life in 2010.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

You don't have to go that crazy over missing me.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

You just need to perfect your aim.
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

I acutally prefer :tard over any other smiley :D
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

:cyber:
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Yeah, I have a hard time using any other forums; I actually turn the graphical smilies off when I'm elsewhere. These - which are a mixture of smilies made by members, and stock phpBB 2.0 smilies colored to match the board - are the only ones that say the things I mean. Hilariously, other than recoloring, I don't think I had anything to do with making any of these at all! :D

My favorites are that one, the tardploding one, Liniah's crack smilie - which I like so much it became the Bulldrek favicon* - and this one: :eek

I never use it, but I love :| . I never need to use it, because that's already the default tone of my writing.
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Yeah, I like :cyber: Except it's on the wrong eye. I've always liked :sex Especially the descriptor. "It's smilies. Fucking. You whore." Made of awesome.
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Bishop wrote:Yeah, I like :cyber:
I think that was a competition one: like, we had a competition to make a new smilie for the board, and that was the winner. I think that was before this board, though? Bulldrek v0.2?
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Yes. I almost want to say it was Nexus, but I can't recall. :smokin That was always my favorite. It was me for so many years.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Sounds familiar.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

The thing I miss is Marius. I talked to him briefly this week - he's, like, a genuine doctor-type-thing now - and then talked so much about him afterward that my daughter asked if I was going to marry him. I told her if he were a girl, I'd be all over that...but that his being a boy might not stop me.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Two out of three ain't bad. That's how the song goes, yes? :sex
Tyra Durden
Tasty Human

Post by Tyra Durden »

3278 wrote:The thing I miss is Marius. I talked to him briefly this week - he's, like, a genuine doctor-type-thing now - and then talked so much about him afterward that my daughter asked if I was going to marry him. I told her if he were a girl, I'd be all over that...but that his being a boy might not stop me.
Well, now. So how you doin'?
Fuck you.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I would hit that like tectonics.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

So reallllllllly slow? I've heard about taking your time and savoring the moment, but damn.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

I think he means when they were done LA would be in ruins?
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

I miss the nudity, all those naked pictures you used to send me, yeahhh. You know who you are. Sexy!
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

I like all the smilies.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

On Google+ right now, there's a spirited discussion of whether or not it was over the line for me to say someone was being "ridiculous." [Actual quote, "they haven't made me god-emperor yet, so I can't force you not to be ridiculous."] I really want to explain to them that were I come from, "fuckchop" is a term of endearment, and "ridiculous" doesn't even ping the radar, but it's not worth it: fucking pussies.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

3278 wrote:On Google+ right now, there's a spirited discussion of whether or not it was over the line for me to say someone was being "ridiculous." [Actual quote, "they haven't made me god-emperor yet, so I can't force you not to be ridiculous."] I really want to explain to them that were I come from, "fuckchop" is a term of endearment, and "ridiculous" doesn't even ping the radar, but it's not worth it: fucking pussies.
That is, dare I say it, ridiculous.
-call me Andy, dammit
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

I feel so honored!! Now I want to do a Google search for fuckchop and shock and awe some bitches!!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

3278 wrote:The thing I miss is Marius. I talked to him briefly this week - he's, like, a genuine doctor-type-thing now - and then talked so much about him afterward that my daughter asked if I was going to marry him. I told her if he were a girl, I'd be all over that...but that his being a boy might not stop me.
Interestingly enough, the last time I saw Marius, about two years ago, we spent some time discussing marrying your daughter. :lol
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Well, that's really not cool. I'm sure you thought you were just being funny, but that's really tasteless and rude and creepy and dickish. Not okay.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

I am sure they meant in the future. It would be the closest they could come, being heterosexual men (presumably), to marrying you. It was a compliment.

Or if I look at it another way you think they are a bunch of douchers and not good enough for your kid.

OR you think your friends are pedobears.

I guess there are several ways to go with this, glass half full/glass half empty/glass full of shit etc..
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I think glass dickish. You leave people's kids alone. Just as you understandably had a fairly powerful reaction when something associated with your child was an issue; this is a direct and disrespectful reference by an adult "friend" to my then 13-year-old daughter. Not acceptable.
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

And in all fairness, it's not like we don't know that Earl is a mite protective(some would say more than healthy*) of his daughter. Its like, one of his things, and if you've known him for a few years, Or just talked to him on BDrek for a while, you'd know.

*I would answer that for about 12 years, Earl has maintained a relationship with me, and I'm definitly a fairly shady individual. With a golden heart. But if I'm somewhere in the median, then there's a lot of weirdos out there!
I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

32 I am happy you are protective of your daughter, and had they been talking about mine I very well may have had the same reaction. I was just pointing out that perhaps they didn't mean it in the perverse way it came out. You have every right to react.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

The one thing I miss about Google+ when I'm here is the +1 button, so I can say, "Hey, hey, I appreciate that," or, "Good point!" without making a whole post to do it. So, um, +1!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I'm sorry, 32, I didn't mean to creep you out. We were talking about all the stuff you were doing with your kid, about how you were teaching her different things while going on trips and such, and we both came to the conclusion that she would likely turn into a really intelligent woman -- the type we'd love to marry.