Allergies

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
No-Life Loser

Allergies

Post by 3278 »

From the time of my birth, I've had very severe - like, hospital severe - allergies, to various environmental allergens like dog hair, cat hair, horsehair, dust, mold, and on and on and on. For a cat and dog owner who doesn't clean very often, this has been very exciting. As I grew older, the severity of the allergic reactions lessened - I can go whole years without being admitted to a hospital, now! - but yet they remained. An unfamiliar house with cats, for instance, would cripple me in minutes, forcing me to leave or else leak phlegm for hours; and I don't just mean, "Oh, my nose is running, I'll blow it," I mean coughing, sneezing, can't breathe anymore.

But a couple of months ago, I got a really horrible upper respiratory infection from Paul's wife, which rendered me inert for several days. Upon recovery, though, I've discovered that my allergies seem to have virtually disappeared. Now, I've heard of allergies lessening as you age, but after an upper respiratory infection? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

Maybe your sinuses ran away?
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

Never heard that before. I have some friends that are general practitioners and I'll ask them if they ever heard of a similar case.
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

The really shitty respiratory infection that you got from me fixed you? Awesome! That's incredibly weird though. Usually symptoms worsen after severe stuff like that because it causes a bit of scar tissue to form in the lungs. However, I wonder if it's even possible to cough so hard that you actually break up some scar tissue...

Where's Marius when we need him?
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

With a candy striper in OR 3 I suspect.

I don't know about lessening, but I know you can develop them. I have been eating walleye my whole life, it was my favorite fish. A couple of years ago I ended up in the ER because I had suddenly become allergic to them. It was neat.
This is why I choke you when we fuck.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Maybe you became allergic to the mercury in it? :)
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

Well the one that made me go into convulsions was wild caught here in Montana. The one that made my lips puff up like Angelina Jolie* was store bought. Do you think I should test it out by swallowing an old thermometer?

*Yes, Ray was a very happy man that night.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Don't have to swallow it. You can always just..shove it..somewhere.
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

Bishop wrote:Don't have to swallow it. You can always just..shove it..somewhere.
Do you have any fucking idea how many times Ray says that to me in any given week?
Iantha
Bulldrekker

Post by Iantha »

SumDumQuim wrote:With a candy striper in OR 3 I suspect.
I totally read that as candy stripper and thought "Well gee, 3278 isn't really fond of candy..."
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

SumDumQuim wrote:Do you have any fucking idea how many times Ray says that to me in any given week?

337?
SumDumQuim
Tasty Human

Post by SumDumQuim »

Bishop wrote:
SumDumQuim wrote:Do you have any fucking idea how many times Ray says that to me in any given week?

337?
Do you have my house bugged sir?
Raygun
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Raygun »

Yep. 98.6F again. Temperture stable. *writes doctorly on a chart*
It's all about crystal meth and Gwar. - Hauze
Bonefish
Bulldrek Pusher

Post by Bonefish »

I suspect that people who speak or write properly are up to no good, or homersexual, or both