Dumpshock IRC

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Dumpshock IRC

Post by Jackal »

While it’s not completely official yet because I’m still waiting on the powers that be to make the changes, in essence irc.dumpshock.com is back, however at the moment it’s only accessible directly through the IP address.

It currently has almost no population to it as I’ve only recently brought it on-line and finished testing it. A couple of things I’d like to point out about the new server. First, this is not ran off of someone’s home computer, it is on an actual host. Second, not only is the server capable of supporting 512 users (not that we’ll need that many) it also has complete servers available such as nickserv and chanserv.

IP Address: 72.20.40.38
Port: 7500

Note: This is not the default port for IRC, if you cannot connect to the server be sure to check your port address. This was done to help prevent potential trouble with irc spambots.
_
“Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.”
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

Oh, and #Bulldrek does exist once again.
_
Jackal
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Jackal »

Ok, last post I promise. Have a real simple page set up with server info and a link to Mibbit that everyone has been using as a webIRC client.

http://irc.dumpshock.com/

Edit: Sorry everyone for the ugly green background, apparently that's what happens when you set the bgcolor to "#black" instead of just "black" or "#000000"
_
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

How's the traffic there, lately? I think most people still connect to the server that Ice and Daki are on.