True Blood

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

True Blood

Post by DV8 »

Is anyone besides me watching this television show? I'm beginning to suspect I might not enjoy the second season too much, but I'm sticking with it for now. :)
AtemHutlrt
Bulldrekker

Post by AtemHutlrt »

My wife and her friends are deeply obsessed with this show. So much so that, last evening, they went over to the house of the one friend who has HBO -or Showtime, or whatever- to watch it, even though that friend is on vacation; she had left her key with the group just so they could come over and watch True Blood. I find this level of commitment to a tv show baffling -there's also the fact that I can't imagine actually following a tv show on tv rather than tvshack-.

When she got home, I, knowing nothing of the plot of the show beyond 'there is vampires', initiated this conversation:

"So did the girl-who's-not-a-vampire finally kiss the boy vampire, who's looks like he's from Melrose Place, but is actually like 300 years old?"

"No, they actually kissed a long time ago."

"Oh, so is she struggling with whether to stay with the sexy vampire, or to leave him for the bad-boy werewolf?"

"He's not a werewolf, he's a shapeshifter!"
The sun shines in my bedroom
when you play;
and the rain it always starts
when you go away
Sam
Tasty Human

Post by Sam »

The cocktease of a TV channel won't show me True Blood Season 2, it just shows me the trailer (which causes me to throw myself at the plasma in the hope exposing myself to it will make it cough up the goodies)

So I must bide my time, and wait, and plot, and obsessively watch Season 1 from my harddrive.
Eva
Baron of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Eva »

I really liked the first season, but for some reason I haven't been able to bring myself to season 2. To be fair, I haven't watched any TV in weeks (too busy actually doing things!)I'll get around to it when stuff calms down again.
One time I built a matter transporter, but things got screwed up (long story, lol) and I ended up turning into a kind of half-human, half-housefly monstrosity.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Spoiler!!!

Having just seen the third episode of the second season, my kid brother came up with the theory that Maryann is like a female satyr. (There must be a better name for them.)
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Iantha is watching this. I think it's pretty heavily aimed at the young school aged female crowd and get less satisfaction from it than she does, but I'd say it's not horrible.
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

A female satyr is a nymph, I think.. And I specifically called her a Maenad.
Ampere
Wuffle Initiate

Post by Ampere »

Ok, the last episode (and most of them so far have been like this) had one helluva cliffhanger.

My wife and I have been following the show live (or OnDemand when we're busy Sunday nights) and it's been better than I expected.

Without spoiling anything last night's episode was excellent.
Quoth Drunken Master:
"When Colin Powell walks out of your cabinet because of doctrinal issues, you've got problems."
Quoth Moto42:
"Bulldrek, where love and appreciation are accompanied by a volley of gunfire."
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

Tiny Deev wrote:A female satyr is a nymph, I think.. And I specifically called her a Maenad.
Spoiler: You are prescient.

It's a decent show made better by the constant flaunting of Anna Paquin's tits and Deborah Ann Woll's presence. Now with extra Ro Laren!
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I don't go for red-heads, but Deborah Ann Woll is fucking hot.
JohnnyRico
Wuffle Student

Post by JohnnyRico »

I have to agree with you on that last point Deev. For me, red-heads have always been trouble, but I would gladly get into trouble with her.

Sal, do you think that the fact that Anna Paquin and Steven Moyer are actually a couple outside the show makes the sex scenes a little more voyeuristic now?
"I have a conundrum for you. A riddle if you will. What's the difference between you, and malard with a cold? I don't remember how it ends, but your mothers a whore." -"Sean Connery" Celebrity Jeopardy- SNL
Salvation122
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Salvation122 »

JohnnyRico wrote:Sal, do you think that the fact that Anna Paquin and Steven Moyer are actually a couple outside the show makes the sex scenes a little more voyeuristic now?
Yeah, that's... a little weird, and slightly uncomfortable. I get over it, though.
Sam
Tasty Human

Post by Sam »

And somehow duller, because you just know that this won't be the first time they have rolled in the hay. Now, the Sookie and Eric scenes...I guess that's the fundemental difference between 'making love' and some fly shit f*ckin'.

Also, I must find myself a man called Benedict. Although knowing my luck my real-life hottie will turn out to be some puffy white banker in a bad suit who will rememble eggs rather than Eggs when nekkid.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

I guess there was no episode last night due to the bank holiday you 'mericans are enjoying?
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

Eggs is quite yummy without his shirt on, thats for sure.

Yeah, its the bank holiday. Next week is the season finally though.
Funny, yet sad. Kinda like getting tit-fucked by a clown.