Contest! Name my alpaca ranch!

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Contest! Name my alpaca ranch!

Post by UncleJoseph »

Running this over on Animalball too:

Okay, it is almost a certainty (I'll know for sure by the end of this week) that we are going to be purchasing our first alpacas (2 or 3 of them) by Dec. 31. We're having trouble coming up with a name for our business, which we'll need in order to form our business entity.

Some examples of names in use:

Clare-Limerick Alpaca Ranch
North Star Stable Alpacas
Grand Alpaca Company
Humming Hill Alpacas (alpacas make a humming noise)
Triple Diamonds Alpaca Ranch
Whispering Pines Alpaca Ranch

I personally like names like Whispering Pines or Humming Hill. Of course, these are taken, so I can't use them...but I think they're cool names, and they're not tied to a specific geographical location, like Chippewa River Alpacas.

Rules of the contest:

Please help us come up with a tasteful, appropriate name for our alpaca ranch. There are 2 kinds of alpaca (Suri and Huacaya). We are starting with Huacaya, but will eventually want both. So, Suri and Huacaya will likely not be appropriate for the name.

Also, we currently live in central Michigan in the United States. However, we anticipate moving to the Tawas Bay area up north (still in Michigan) at some point. So a location-related name is probably not good, since we may be moving.

Non-specific locations would be okay (Like Northern Alpacas --- already taken).

Names with the word "farm" in them will not be acceptable. Names with the word "ranch" in them will be acceptable.

Prizes:

There are no guaranteed prizes, other than the pride you may feel knowing you helped us name our ranch. There is no guarantee that a suggested name will be used. However, if we do select one of the suggestions submitted here, I will send the winner a prize made with alpaca fleece, like socks or yarn or a stuffed animal. The guarantee of the prize depends on whether or not we successfully enter the alpaca business. Delivery of the prize may take a year or longer.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Any thoughts on your brand*. The description of the brand can definitely work for a ranch name.

(*You're a ranch, you gotta have one, even if you don't actually brand the livestock :D )
-call me Andy, dammit
Kitt
Baron of the Imperium

Post by Kitt »

The Huacasu Hideout - appeals to children and uses both varieties of Alpaca, thus breaking the rules. Just for funsies.

Hum-Fluff Alpaca Ranch - aka, I've got nothing.
Real life quotes, courtesy of the PetsHotel:
"Drop it, you pervert!"
"Ma'am? Ma'am! You are very round."
"It's a hump-a-palooza today."
"Everybody get away from the poop bucket!"
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

Something like "Grand Alpaca Ranch" sound not only notable, but prominent. If you were wanting to purchase a cougar, per se, would you prefer, Rolling Hills Cougar Ranch or Universal Cougar Ranch to check out first? Okay, okay, so some may go with the more specific ranch, but I think, in general, going with something more "mainstream" sounding will generate more interest, more clicks, more hits and more potential purchases.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

We settled on Serenity Fields Alpaca Ranch.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.