Home Bar Design

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Serious Paul
Devil

Home Bar Design

Post by Serious Paul »

So I have some damn good dreams about what I want to put into my basement bar and game room, but I may need some reality checks.

So what I want is some ideas, advice and things you'd like to see in bar and game room. I know I want a keggerator, and a bar-but not what specific set up I'd like. I am also thinking about a gumball machine, and maybe an arcade game.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Plumb the bar. All seating is bar stools or couches. That is all.
-call me Andy, dammit
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

My favorite part of the bar in my house is that it's huge. I love my fireplace, but that's a major to-do if you don't have one already. I've themed the room pirate and its turned out pretty kick-ass, with some of the coolest features in the past six months ago. I have the pool table, card table, darts - always something to do, but enough couch-space that there's room to chill. I want to get a flat-screen down there or else a projector though, so I can play shit. That's always cool.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
UncleJoseph
Wuffle Initiate

Post by UncleJoseph »

If you're asking what you should have in your bar room as far as furnishings, I suggest the following:

Darts, pool (billiards), maybe an arcade game, a brew or two on tap, a full-service sink (I can plumb all that for you), a microwave, a couch, a small refrigerator and a card table with felt/chairs/etc.

If you're asking about actual design of said bar, I recommend a set-up like Gyro's old house, complete with hardwood, resin-covered bar top, bar stool, etc. Integrate that with your taps, sink, etc. You'll need lots of lighted and/or neon signs with all the liquor/beer logos. I'd be happy to come up and measure, sketch, etc.
If you take away their comforts, people are just like any other animal.
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

UncleJoseph wrote: I'd be happy to come up and measure, sketch, etc.
Definitely. We'll have to plan this out!