Ideal Work Wardrobe

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Ideal Work Wardrobe

Post by Liniah »

What would your ideal dress for work be? Going from a 'jeans and t-shirt' job to an office job where I have to dress on the better end of business casual this has been on my mind a lot lately. Do you want to wear a uniform so you don't have to think about it? Do you like to dress nice? Do you like to dress as casual as possible? Khakis and golf shirts? Etc. Also, how does your ideal compare to what you actually have to wear?
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Serious Paul
Devil

Post by Serious Paul »

Fatigues, pressed but not starched. Stab vests, worn over top of them, covers and boots. We currently wear a pretty silly paramilitary uniform.
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

I'd prefer a pair of scrub pants, a t-shirt and a bathrobe.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Sweet, the bathrobe is a nice touch.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

Seriously, I'm going to get myself a whole wardrobe of bathrobes.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

By preference, I wear a pair of Dickies and a tank top, but at work I also have to wear shoes, and the wife-beater look is frowned on in favor of something more business casual. I don't mind, because clothing doesn't really matter very much to my level of comfort. Still, I do miss the days when my preference was for suits, and I thus looked a bit less of a thug.
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

I like how I look in my work clothes (business casual, leaning towards the nicer side of business casual frequently), but they aren't always very comfortable. (Plus, warm-weather business casual clothes are very hard to shop for for me.) Cool weather business casual should be a bit better. I like getting to accessorize with necklaces and such. It's a pain in the ass to have to do something with my hair in the morning. I can only wear two or three earrings, instead of my usual 15, which is unfortunate. I like the extra confidence that dressing nice gives you, though. I feel very important when I'm dressed for work.
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

A pair of boxers and slippers. That would be all kinds of kick ass, except for the folks who would have to see my ugly ass all day long.
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Heavy_D
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Heavy_D »

My ideal: Jeans and a t-shirt and a pair of sneakers. Reality however has it that currently business clothing is the only thing I'm allowed to wear (French office life is rather stiff and formal). So it's suits and ties for me as of late...
It's lonely at the top. But it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.
Kai
Wuffle Master

Post by Kai »

Reality is 'wear shoes and no public indecency'. So...yeah I'm good. Generally go for jeans and tanks but every once in a while I say screw it and go for shorts and flip flops or break out the business casual for the hell of it.

10:41 Kai: Ohayou minna
10:42 Adam: ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER! :)
10:44 Kai: Fuck off, how's that? ;P
10:45 Adam: Much better.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

Ummm, kinda like Paul, 'cept it's real military and I stopped wearing body armor every day about 3 months ago.
-call me Andy, dammit
MissTeja
Wuffle Grand Master

Post by MissTeja »

I'm one of the few folk who actually grin upon uniforms, though in the military sense, not the Wal-Mart one. I have to dress professionally every day - skirt/blouse/slacks/dress/jacket/etc. The one thing I do wish they'd let us have is dressy capri's. We can't do certain things like bare-shoulders, wear capri's, etc.

Ideally, I'd want to wear a Chicago Bears jersey and old ripped up jeans-turned-shorts w/ flip flops.
To the entire world, you may be one single person, but to one person, you may be the entire world.
FlameBlade
SMITE!™ Master

Post by FlameBlade »

aw fuck yes, I have a job where nobody cares about dress code...aw yea...mathematician's dream.
_I'm a nightmare of every man's fantasy.