Dear Dumbasses (rant about locals)

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Dear Dumbasses (rant about locals)

Post by Reika »

We're going through a frigging Tropical Storm, and you're swimming? And not in your pool, no, where you can presumably get to safety if things get bad. But no, you're in the ocean of all things, where the waves are bad enough they're damaging cement piers.

And the worst part? You're not even local to the area! You live on the opposite side of town, where bridges to the area you're in are closed. Why are they closed? Because of the shitty ass weather that's going to get worse because we're just getting the outer bands.

I'd wish the worst on you, but that would mean our emergency personal would have to come help your moronicness which would pull help away from people who genuinely need it. You know, the people who actually stayed home and off the streets.

No Love,

Reika

To the local police, firefighters and other emergency personnel, thank you again for taking on such difficult jobs.

Much Love,

Reika
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Are you somewhere in Florida, by any chance? :)
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

And on, someone was swimming in a tropical storm? Am I the only one that thinks that's totally awesome?
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

...if they survived it, yeah. :)
Jeff Hauze
Wuffle Trainer

Post by Jeff Hauze »

Some of them didn't.

And before Elf says it...I know..."Pussies!"
Screw liquid diamond. I want to be able to fling apartment building sized ingots of extracted metal into space.
Reika
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Reika »

Why yes, I do happen to live in FL. Jacksonville to be precise.

I know of at least 2 morons that got smashed against the rocks per local news. Was trying to see if they had spawned or not to know if I could submit them for Darwin awards.

Sorry for the delay, but the asshat ISP that services my complex felt that we weren't a high enough priority to repair our connection (was paying for it through the apartment) so managed to find one they can't complain about. And they have decent tech support.