Veed, Liniah, and The Muffin™

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Veed, Liniah, and The Muffin™

Post by Liniah »

As some of you may recall, Veed and I attended the 2002 gathering in Wisconsin. We drove out from PA in my car. Before we left we got some muffins. We ate some on the way, but had one left over, which was left in my car. As you also may recall, it was very hot that summer. My car did not have properly functioning A/C. The Muffin™ remained in the car the whole trip....and actually probably remained in the car until I sold it when I moved to Denmark. It looked the same. No mold. Didn't rot. Then The Muffin™ moved into my closet. Oh, sure, it got hard as a rock, but other than that it didn't change. If you looked at it you wouldn't know that it was a several-years-old-hard-as-a-rock muffin. The Muffin™ is still in my closet to this very day. Tonight I was checking it out because I was packing the rest of the contents of the closet for my move on Sat. It has just a very tiny touch of mold on it now! After 6 years, The Muffin™ is getting moldy. (And people wonder why I like organic food...) So, there you have it, folks. And I just asked Veed if we should keep The Muffin™. He said "Uh, sure. If nothing else, you can keep it in the car :) " So, there we have it! The Muffin™ will take up new residence in my new car...and shall travel with me to pick up Veed at the airport when he arrives to live here!
Last edited by Liniah on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Marius
Freeman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Marius »

You know in some cultures how two people plant a tree when they're married, to represent permanence?
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Jed Bartlet
Marius

Post by Marius »

Has your gourd been rattled? Earl got it right to the episode, and probably to the timestamp (presumably from memory) a long time ago.
There is then a need to guard against a temptation to overstate the economic evils of our own age, and to ignore the existence of similar, or worse, evils in earlier ages. Even though some exaggeration may, for the time, stimulate others, as well as ourselves, to a more intense resolve that the present evils should no longer exist, but it is not less wrong and generally it is much more foolish to palter with truth for good than for a selfish cause. The pessimistic descriptions of our own age, combined with the romantic exaggeration of the happiness of past ages must tend to setting aside the methods of progress, the work of which, if slow, is yet solid, and lead to the hasty adoption of others of greater promise, but which resemble the potent medicines of a charlatan, and while quickly effecting a little good sow the seeds of widespread and lasting decay. This impatient insincerity is an evil only less great than the moral torpor which can endure, that we with our modern resources and knowledge should look contentedly at the continued destruction of all that is worth having. There is an evil and an extreme impatience as well as an extreme patience with social ills.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Marius wrote:Has your gourd been rattled? Earl got it right to the episode, and probably to the timestamp (presumably from memory) a long time ago.
I'm not surprised, he's a much more meticulous fan than I am. And I only just saw the sig, which is why I am so late. What did Earl win?
Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

totally off-topic but.

"No, no 'however'. Just be wrong. Just stand there in your wrongness and be wrong and get used to it."
I like that quote from Bartlet better.
Marius

Post by Marius »

Earl didn't win anything. I should have been more specific that it was for anybody but Earl. He only gets prizes for genuinely hard quotes like, in his case, throwaway lines from behind the scenes clips of Sports Night.
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

So who did win? :)
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

Certainly not me. I ate two of those fuckers! :(
\m/