The Nigger Policy

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
No-Life Loser

The Nigger Policy

Post by 3278 »

It goes without saying that on freespeech, whichever words you choose to use are accepted, because that's the entire fucking point. But if anyone was curious about the official Nigger Policy on Bulldrek vWhatever, let me say: N-I-G-G-E-R. Nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger. Everybody's saying it, everybody's spraying it. I've put it on the scale - since everybody's weighing it - and the official policy is [still]: if speech isn't free, neither are we.

It's not just about fighting the power: it's also about fighting the powerlessness. You make your choices, and you abide by the consequences. That's justice. That's personal responsibility. That's all I'll ever ask of any of you on this board.
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

Vote Veed!

Hehe..

Staying a bit on topic, here's a little nigger story:
About a year and a half ago, my sister was visiting various places in the US with one of her (Danish) friends. At one point they wandered into a (very) predominantly black comedy club (not black comedy - which would have been awesome - but, you know..) somewhere in New York City. This wasn't a problem, but they obviously got pegged as tourists and made fun of a bit. As fate would have it, another group of Danes walked into the club and, spotting their nationality, joined my sister and her friend. Believing my sister and the newcomers to be one group, one of the comedians suggested (in jest) that they visit [some black neighbourhood of] The Bronx, to which one of the Danish guys proudly replied "Yeah, yeah, we're gonna go hang with some niggers!" Needless to say, the club got very quiet and the atmosphere for the rest of the night very, very hostile.
\m/
Liniah
Bondsman of the Crimson Assfro

Post by Liniah »

I kept wanting to tell that storry but I couldn't remember all the details.
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
Sam
Tasty Human

Post by Sam »

Which reminds me...

Eva and I drove up to Denmark to visit Kluff and Zin and stopped just over the .dk border to get snacks. They had giant treats in the display case that resembled a dessert Eva loves in .nl.

The girl behind the counter must have heard us pondering whether these treats were giant mutated version of the Dutch ones, and she yelled over from where she was standing. "Yeah, We call those Nigger Kisses".

Cue blood draining out of the face and a bolt for the door. (although not before Eva bought a couple)

Image of offending koekjes here http://www.parool.nl/dossiers/lijstjes/ ... erzoen.jpg
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

That's so the wrong translation, though. We call them "negro kisses," which is very different from the Dutch word for nigger. I remember reading a rather scathing opinion piece by an American columnist talking about racism in the Netherlands, as a result of the assassination of Theo van Gogh by a muslim several years ago. She said, and I'm paraphrasing wildly here, that we still called black people niggers. Which we don't.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Right; you call them "black." Blame the Latin nigrum, from whence it all comes.

I remember as a child, looking at a box of IMB typewriter ribbons printed in four languages, thinking, "You can't write 'negro' on a box like that!" It's astonishing: the use of the words negro and nigger basically died in a generation, when the generation before was printing shit like this:

Tiny Deev
Bulldrek Junkie

Post by Tiny Deev »

Actually, I call them colored people. Don't fancy the word much. And the word for Negro in dutch is Neger.
Van Der Litreb
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by Van Der Litreb »

Yeah, that's the Danish word, too. Though it's becoming more common to say "black", although - as 32 mentioned - that's etymologically a bit silly. Don't know what the next word will be. Are we calling them Afro-Danes next? (I'm so trademarking the word Afro-Dansker, btw..)

Sam: Yeah, they're actually called Negerkys, not nigger kisses. It's probably what the girl meant. And they're not really called even that anymore; that was changed a while back (you know, when we actually started seeing black refugees and immigrants).

32: Well, I think I can understand why the words nigger and negro are offensive to most black people. I, at least, associate the word nigger with 19th century slavery, and the word negro with the not so pleasant pre-Luther King era of the 20th. I'm not sure how it's legit for black people to call each other these things, when it's liable to get a white guy's ass kicked, though.
\m/
Liniah

Post by Liniah »

Van Der Litreb wrote: Are we calling them Afro-Danes next? (I'm so trademarking the word Afro-Dansker, btw..)
Bwahahaha! That's awsome. :lol
<center><font face="monospace" color=#0099FF font size="-1">one more blue sunny day</font></center>
DV8
Evil Incarnate

Post by DV8 »

Van Der Litreb wrote:And they're not really called even that anymore; that was changed a while back (you know, when we actually started seeing black refugees and immigrants).
There was a rather famous interview-on-the-streets piece on Dutch television following the rebranding of neger zoenen as we call them, and they interviewed a lot of black people, who thought the whole thing was ridiculous and that there's nothing offensive about the name. When you think about it, to have a chocolaty treat named after your kisses is pretty flattering. :)
Crazy Elf
Footman of the Imperium

Post by Crazy Elf »

I don't have to call them anything because we killed all of ours. That's progress!
Instant Cash

Post by Instant Cash »

Crazy Elf wrote:I don't have to call them anything because we killed all of ours. That's progress!
:lol
I want to shoot one of these Church kids and ask them "Where is your god now!"
-Big Jim
Bishop
Grand Marshall of the Imperium

Post by Bishop »

What do you call a nigger with no arms or legs?

Wait for it.

Waaaait for it.

Trustworthy.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.
(An uncle of mine is a long haul truck-driver..I think that's one of his cleanest jokes. And it was told to him by a black man.)
Pax Romana, Motherfucker.
Breaker of unbreakable things.
Cain
Knight of the Imperium

Post by Cain »

I remember as a child, looking at a box of IMB typewriter ribbons printed in four languages, thinking, "You can't write 'negro' on a box like that!" It's astonishing: the use of the words negro and nigger basically died in a generation, when the generation before was printing shit like this:
Even before that, there were those of us who thought "nigger" was offensive. Or, at least, not a word to be uttered in polite company, as defined by a ladies' tea circle.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Cain wrote:Even before that, there were those of us who thought "nigger" was offensive. Or, at least, not a word to be uttered in polite company, as defined by a ladies' tea circle.
There have to have been people from the 1800s on who felt the same way; this was when alternatives began being sought, as far as I can tell, including the now-rude "colored." On the other hand, from that period in the 1800s until now, some people have remained for whom the word is simply descriptive and not pejorative, although many if not most of them have died out. Still, I do sometimes still hear the word "colored" from older persons, particularly those from the South.

How confusing it must all be to them, as if someone told you that "black" was now profanity, and you couldn't even use the word on crayons. [British crayons used to include "nigger brown," without any discernible guilt.] Of course, "black" is increasingly under fire, as well, in favor of "African-American," a term which has its own detractors. "Nigger" has been removed from the dictionary,* akin in my mind to not talking about the Holocaust anymore; elimination of evidence doesn't aid in preventing recurrence, and lack of exposure does not confer immunity.

I think the word nigger is not to be uttered in polite company, although I have revived in certain circles the use of the word to discuss it; this makes me as uncomfortable generally as those others involved in the discussion, and it's astonishing the effect using the word - no matter what you're saying about it will have on a small group of white people from the midwest. [Even saying, "He called my buddy a nigger, so I cold-cocked him," is offensive to some people, and irony I find delicious.] Unless in jest, I never use the word in a derogative sense, but I'm told by many I should never use the word at all, which I find absolutely astonishing.

*Edit: That's an odd statement for me to make, as if there's one dictionary. That should read "some dictionaries."