Flash Question

In the SST forum, users are free to discuss philosophy, music, art, religion, sock colour, whatever. It's a haven from the madness of Bulldrek; alternately intellectual and mundane, this is where the controversy takes place.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Flash Question

Post by paladin2019 »

How does one save a flash presentation on a website?

I ask because I'm on a satellite uplink and bandwidth is at a premium. I would much prefer to save something and watch when the downlaod is complete rather than have it play in fits and starts.
-call me Andy, dammit
Ancient History
Demon

Post by Ancient History »

You can buy the software that lets you save it, which I'm told can be expensive (I'm also told there are freeware plug-ins <shrug>). Or you can dig through your temporary internet files for the flash-file (should be a .swf) and move it into a different folder - but for that to work, you actually have to have it play once.
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

I use UnPlug, which I've found helpful.
paladin2019
Bulldrek Pimp

Post by paladin2019 »

32, I notice that this is on a site for Mozilla addons. Is it compatible with Windows XP?
-call me Andy, dammit
No-Life Loser

Post by 3278 »

Yep; that's what I'm using it on. [That, and Download Statusbar, Foxmarks, IE Tab, Minimize to Tray, and Tiny Menu. IE Tab is nice if you miss Bulldrek's glowing links.]

It's worth pointing out that the iriver clix gen 2 can play these Flash videos, as well as Flash games. And has an FM tuner, and support for .txt files, which means you can convert your favorite pirated ebooks to .txt. You can be anywhere in the world and play a game, watch a movie - 8gb? Lots of movies, at 320x240 - read a book, listen to a your own music or local radio. You can get a solar charger for it, too. And all for US$100+. It truly is a breathtaking time to be alive.